Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Nice rings

It shows how little you know of the importance of accuracy to a ranger. Very simply put, only a shortbow/hex will have enough raw dps to ever compete, so you will need to craft armour asap as the accuracy is awful (of course in DGS the only time you have ranged is with a hex, never a saggitarian shortbow).

Last time there was one reply (+ some replies to that) but they all explained why it's worth it.

Yup I don't know much about dung that's why I read this thread to pick up things.

Sorry, I had a much better post that got eaten by back button but

Why is Tactician mocked so? The idea is sound: "DG monsters have high Defense so I should be more accurate to compensate."

I don't use it and don't recommend it to friends, I'm just really curious as to why there isn't some strategy or bind set-up involving it. It would be the "obvious" choice to someone who did a few dungeons and didn't know better.

I have a feeling it would be considerable if it could be used with multiple styles on the same weapon like Berserker, and that it isn't "horrible" in its own right, but only when compared to Berserker.

It just seems unfair that a few people probably did do extensive research which deemed it simply suboptimal which everyone else bandwagoned on taking it out of context and calling it complete garbage...

2dgucz6.png

Sorry, I had a much better post that got eaten by back button but

Why is Tactician mocked so? The idea is sound: "DG monsters have high Defense so I should be more accurate to compensate."

I don't use it and don't recommend it to friends, I'm just really curious as to why there isn't some strategy or bind set-up involving it. It would be the "obvious" choice to someone who did a few dungeons and didn't know better.

I have a feeling it would be considerable if it could be used with multiple styles on the same weapon like Berserker, and that it isn't "horrible" in its own right, but only when compared to Berserker.

It just seems unfair that a few people probably did do extensive research which deemed it simply suboptimal which everyone else bandwagoned on taking it out of context and calling it complete garbage...

For first, dungeoneering monsters in general have low defense. It's more important to use the right style than your highest bonus. For second, as there weaknesses are so pronounced, accuracy will never be as much of an issue as strength is(50% accuracy is the line). And third, ofcource, as all weapons have a maximum of one accurate stance, and it's more important to use the right style, you'd need atleast 2 weapons, likely 3 for tactician to be good, and even then, you'd only have an advantage if you are using your weapons on things they shouldn't be used against.

Tactician is absolute garbage because you should never have low enough accuracy and because berserker can be used with many styles(which, ironically, makes using berserker more accurate).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The research deemed it complete garbage.

Specifically the researched deemed that there are virtually no scenarios where tactician is ever better.

I mean there might be a few, if you're like level 50 atk and lvl 1 strength fighting a primal warrior, tactician ring might be better if the rounding error favors it.

But all of the scenarios where the tactician ring can be better are completely ridiculous and are more or less never the case.

but we probably sound like a broken record on this.

Naaxi.png

I don't want to put words in your mouth xpx, but I coulda sworn you at one time said T10 Tactician was about equivalent to T8 Berserker, which implied to me it had some use at which it would excel.

I'll drop it though, as I don't plan to waste tokens on it myself (for whatever niche uses it does or does not have which were miniscule enough for you not to mention them ;) ) and don't want people to assume it's worth using simply because it was brought up...

Err, Grimy, why does your siggy have Spreadsheets in it but no links?

2dgucz6.png

I don't want to put words in your mouth xpx, but I coulda sworn you at one time said T10 Tactician was about equivalent to T8 Berserker, which implied to me it had some use at which it would excel.

I'll drop it though, as I don't plan to waste tokens on it myself (for whatever niche uses it does or does not have which were miniscule enough for you not to mention them ;) ) and don't want people to assume it's worth using simply because it was brought up...

Don't talk about the sheets.

Big Brother is watching.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

Don't talk about the sheets.

Big Brother is watching.

Yeah, if i ever said something as crazy as that, i would have been very wrong.

And yeah, the sheets are cursed, thus not allowed to be linked here(cursed by jagex community moderators, no less).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I was wondering about the gatherer and artisan rings. I thought the main reason people got gatherer was because of the damage reduction from failing tasks but artisan gives the same amount of damage reduction. The big advantage I see in the artisan is the runecrafting bonus for making runes at the start. People very rarely seem to be idle so I didn't think the extra resources from gatherer's would be of much help, furthermore gatherer's would get more resources but artisan would save enough to almost make up for the extra not gotten?

I was wondering about the gatherer and artisan rings. I thought the main reason people got gatherer was because of the damage reduction from failing tasks but artisan gives the same amount of damage reduction. The big advantage I see in the artisan is the runecrafting bonus for making runes at the start. People very rarely seem to be idle so I didn't think the extra resources from gatherer's would be of much help, furthermore gatherer's would get more resources but artisan would save enough to almost make up for the extra not gotten?

I'm not sure how the mechanics for multi-rune crafting work, but I never get more than a 1:1 (law:ess) ratio, or 2:1 (cos:ess) at 71 rc, which would lead me to believe that you can't craft bonus runes per essence once you've reached the highest multiplier (not including theoretical ones >99rc), which could make the artisans ring rc bonus negligible (depending on its mechanics) for anyone with over 59 rc.

[Runewiki would beg to differ with me (and gives a triple cosmic level of 108 w/dungeoneering potions)]

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

One guaranteed use for T8+ Gatherer is much better chance of chopping more logs from a tree if your team needs bows made for necrolord.-EDIT: Also just thought , when you need to mine gorg/prom ore for ragers when your team has Warped Gulega boss.

You should never range necro unless you have a hex, mage is faster to make and better. I usually get 3 gorg or more from a rock, and 2 ragers+scrolls is the most you would need for any boss. I guess gatherer might be useful for getting longs for slingers since they require 2 each, but I started getting in the habit of not doing occults without a hexer recently. That's why I have blazer on quickswitch even though I have laws bound.

Is it possible to join a team while not having the required binds/ring classes just to see whether I like the style of dungeoneering in DGS?

I usually dung with a group of friends and we go quite a bit slower (upwards of 90 mins per large), taking our time and enjoying it quite a bit. Of course it's nowhere near the best exp, but we have fun. Still, the higher levels of dungeoneering are quite far away (80 dung now) and I'm wondering how other methods would work.

I currently have 2 out of 3 "good" binds. :P I have hood, csb and empowered earth staff bound (have 91 magic, gives me earth surge right at start). If memory serves (not ingame right now, so can't check) I have blazer tier 6 or 7 and gatherer tier 6 or 7, which I quick switch between. As mentioned above...not exactly the ideal setup.

Is it possible to join a team while not having the required binds/ring classes just to see whether I like the style of dungeoneering in DGS?

I usually dung with a group of friends and we go quite a bit slower (upwards of 90 mins per large), taking our time and enjoying it quite a bit. Of course it's nowhere near the best exp, but we have fun. Still, the higher levels of dungeoneering are quite far away (80 dung now) and I'm wondering how other methods would work.

I currently have 2 out of 3 "good" binds. :P I have hood, csb and empowered earth staff bound (have 91 magic, gives me earth surge right at start). If memory serves (not ingame right now, so can't check) I have blazer tier 6 or 7 and gatherer tier 6 or 7, which I quick switch between. As mentioned above...not exactly the ideal setup.

I doubt many people will take you if you do not have a melee weapon.

Naaxi.png

Yea I remember someone in chat before whose primary bind was a ccs and he had trouble getting in to a team. Seeing as your magic level is nowhere near high enough to warrant you not using a melee weapon, most people who take you wil just assume you didn't read the guidelines and leave.

Blue_Sock.png

Only people without a csb or hex bind should ever have a gatherers ring.

The gatherers ring helps on rare occasion, getting extra herbs from farming or ores from rocks.

Which is definitely more useful than saving 2 seconds at start + slight bit of cash.

The only time I'd ever switch to gatherers ring for skill damage reduction if I had it as quickswitch is if I entered grooves room alone.

If you enter a gd with the wrong ring, it is a waste of dps. The food saved from skill damage reduction is pretty negligable.

siggya.png

You should be using a prom 2h, which is easily acquired. You will not be allowed to use DGS without the proper binds/rings, sorry. It's not like emp earth staffs are difficult to make, and upgrading your ring will help your perm team if you decide that DGS isn't for you.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.