Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, just did a med again and 32 min dg... Idk what I keep doing wrong. Feedback on my vid would still be appreciated. Thanks again DGS. :)

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I'll do a med with you sometime and see if I can tell, I just tried a solo med out and got 13:30 with necro and afking half the floor while texting. :/

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

im perm muted and looking to do lots of floors with you guys. i have a mic+skype, so will it be a big problem that im muted?

There aren't enough skype teams and most(if not all) of them are between pros, so if you already aren't very good, it will be very hard. Being muted is a big problem for dungeoneering.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I'll do a med with you sometime and see if I can tell, I just tried a solo med out and got 13:30 with necro and afking half the floor while texting. :/

Alright, thanks. Maybe later today?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

im perm muted and looking to do lots of floors with you guys. i have a mic+skype, so will it be a big problem that im muted?

There aren't enough skype teams and most(if not all) of them are between pros, so if you already aren't very good, it will be very hard. Being muted is a big problem for dungeoneering.

I thought dgs reccomended skype

We highly encourage the use of Skype when dungeoneering. A microphone is not necessary - you just need to be able to hear the keyer.

I'm no expert - but a lot of the players don't actually want to go on skype.

From what I've seen, skype teams usually take longer to fill.

Additionally, skype can be confusing because if you haven't really dg'ed with them - you can't really tell whose saying what.

capt%20kevin.png

Skype can also cause lag when dunging.

the communication improvement due to skype outweighs the lag's effect. but some ppl dont like skype and others dont like skyping with ppl they dont know so...

I know it's a bit early, but anyone thinking about going to runefest this year? I didn't go last year, but might think about going this year for a day or two, and there are a few dgsers going we could teach the J-mods how to dg properly ;)

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

I know it's a bit early, but anyone thinking about going to runefest this year? I didn't go last year, but might think about going this year for a day or two, and there are a few dgsers going we could teach the J-mods how to dg properly ;)

If I had enough extra money sitting around to afford spending $2k on such a trip I would, but, alas, I am a poor college student so it won't happen.

If I had enough extra money sitting around to afford spending $2k on such a trip I would, but, alas, I am a poor college student so it won't happen.

Yeah,I guessed most dgsers were probably not UK/European so wouldn't go, but I wondered how many were, I only know a couple of UKers and a few Dutch players

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

is there an irc for dgs?

tumblr_lnrk2aprkV1qakgd0.gif

is there an irc for dgs?

Nop. We do well enough with private forums and skype in addition to the clan chat.

As for skype usage, we do promote it, but not everyone is comfortable using it(for different reasons, including mother tongue and lag), though, for most floors, you only need a keyer talking and everyone listening in for it to work as a muted player, but if you aren't good already, it's unlikely many skype teams would accept you.

Well technically, yes, we DO have an IRC channel I believe, but literally no one uses it. I've been with DGS since more or less the beginning and I've never seen a single floor done on IRC.

is there an irc for dgs?

Nop. We do well enough with private forums and skype in addition to the clan chat.

As for skype usage, we do promote it, but not everyone is comfortable using it(for different reasons, including mother tongue and lag), though, for most floors, you only need a keyer talking and everyone listening in for it to work as a muted player, but if you aren't good already, it's unlikely many skype teams would accept you.

i am definitely not good. fresh off w117, so i have a lot to learn regarding the do's and dont's.

im a quick learner though and have been working on my ring tiers lately.

tumblr_lnrk2aprkV1qakgd0.gif

Skype really isn't great for learning- people use skype to be more relaxed and make floors faster with better communication, but that means everyone already has to be good at it beforehand. There is nothing worse than people raging on skype(which will happen with dungeoneering nubs).

To the guys dungeoneering with me like 10 minutes ago. Sorry for exiting the dungeon, but the computer crashed, and I can't get java to work again. Hope you don't encounter a mime or something that you needed me for. And I'll know better than to use the familiy mac when dunging. I'll try to get my own computer fixed! :)

Scherzo.png

To the guys dungeoneering with me like 10 minutes ago. Sorry for exiting the dungeon, but the computer crashed, and I can't get java to work again. Hope you don't encounter a mime or something that you needed me for. And I'll know better than to use the familiy mac when dunging. I'll try to get my own computer fixed! :)

Yea we got a mime, was a crap floor all in all