Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: why is it more beneficial to have a surgebox instead of cosmics? I thought cosmics saved more time...

Primal warriors/gorger eye, cosmics you can make doubles anyway so.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Question: why is it more beneficial to have a surgebox instead of cosmics? I thought cosmics saved more time...

Primal warriors/gorger eye, cosmics you can make doubles anyway so.

I see. Okay thanks. I'll bind one when I find it.

Edit: Does anyone do floors 30-36ish? It's all I can do right now D:

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

30-35 is pretty common, but you might have some trouble with low occults like 36. Most people try to avoid trio.

Why do people avoid trio? So when I get to say, floor 40 I'm better off soloing the high 30's?

Trio...is...

I...

The thing...

It is the worst boss in the history of Dungeoneering, it manages to achieve being time-consuming, having the highest K0 potential of any boss, as well as just being generally a pain in the ass due to the way that the bastards all pray switch, all at once.

Trio = bad. Remember that, and you'll like Dungeoneering.

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

30-35 is pretty common, but you might have some trouble with low occults like 36. Most people try to avoid trio.

Why do people avoid trio? So when I get to say, floor 40 I'm better off soloing the high 30's?

Trio has the most KO potential of any boss. If the mage and ranger decide to target you at the same time, you're dead unless you have tons of food and get lucky (they both hit over 700).

I would just try to find a team anyway. They're less common, but people still do them.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Trio has the most KO potential of any boss. If the mage and ranger decide to target you at the same time, you're dead unless you have tons of food and get lucky (they both hit over 700).

I would just try to find a team anyway. They're less common, but people still do them.

Really, it shouldn't take you THAT long to get 89 DG, and it all gets better from there-on in, because flesh and thundy are the two easiest and fastest bosses in DG (well, Necro with multiple hexes is faster, but still.)

dungensweapers.png

JOIN CHICKENSWEEPERS TODAY! FUN, FREE, AND IT WON'T MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE YOU'VE JUST BEEN ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS, OR YOUR MONEY BACK!

The ranger hits about 450 max, not 700. The mage and warrior hit around 700 max.

The ranger is faster and more accurate though, so yes it's a horrible boss.

As soon as you hit floor 42 you can do that for all your occults, it has a very nice boss (Flesh spoiler).

siggya.png

Don't let Trio turn you off trying to find/host low occs though.

With entangles/blockers for the meleer and mage pray, and trying to take down the hippie ranger as fast as possible, it is a manageable boss (albeit deaths are almost inevitable).

It's just kind of annoying and infuriating.

dungensweapers.png

Weird I've almost never died on Trio with a 5:5 team.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

i bet your teammates were pissed off at you.

trio's not bad in a good team that knows not to trample the traps, else it becomes a pain unless someone has binds.

I'm not sure how they decide who to focus on, but whenever i do the lure, or i'm the first one in, even if i leave then go back in the mager and ranger focus on me. It's next to impossible to tank more than 3-4 hits if they do

Join "DGS" Guest Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn

WarpedHeroKeyer16.pngblood_neck.png

Maybe I got lucky.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

yup, and at 71dg you can do quite a few floors with DGS too :D

Vidded myself notkeying, Team was ouse/gywn/zend/emethe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IXa6qRaB2I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLnnC7QdgFA

probably the worst dg of the day but any help would be nice lol.

I was practising this snaping bsn.

the bigger things ive noticed are the lack of piety flashing, the derp on the boss and for getting to gate ht when i went there.

As some of you may have noticed, Rocked is now a bronze key in the clan chat. The "head keyer" rank (which was a silly name) has been re-dubbed the "leader" rank, which belongs to Grimy and Rocked. It's typically the case that Grimy deals with the technical and metagaming aspects of DGS, so Rocked will be joining him in that area. For those who don't know, both Grimy and Rocked are able to issue bans and promote ranks (keyers/wingmen/mods). Rocked will also be much more involved in all of the boring administrative stuff, including decisions on guideline changes.

For his first task, we've asked him to pick 30 people to perm ban from DGS, so he'll be doing that over the next few days. :)

Just kidding.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

348767989.png

Here are my rings

dungeoneering level of 87.

you should have a higher berserker ring for your level and nice rings lol.

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

Some trio methods:

-The lure method where one person piles the three in the corner, hoping the meleer gets stuck behind the other two.

-Binding the warrior (not recommended to go out of your way to craft bind runes)

-Best in my opinion: If the ranger and mage are not on the north or south walls, you can trap the meleer north or south of the ranger or mage as long as no one tramples the one you want to focus on. Then one person has to tank the ranger hits (drop food for that person) and the rest of the boss is damageless.

2496 Completionist

when you lure trio you just "hope" that meleer gets stuck? :/

there are ways to always lure it correctly

but noobs always mess it up as soon as they enter anyway L

@ rare that was good that you were taking initiative, trying to do paths etc

to add on to what you mentioned for improving, you should also have just taken the gt to gd instead of waiting on zend to take gt to ghosts. also drop your gatestone more when doing a path

glad to see all that map reading but sometimes I'd like to see it done more losslessly

siggya.png

Its easy to lure trio properly, but keeping it is the hardest part. I find the lure gets ruined more often with deaths or when an idiot tele's out then by trampling. This hasn't happened to me when I dg'd with DGS (and I can't wait til I can again), but it happens more than enough with other people.

Neltak.png

I have an idea.

What if you

1. drop the ggs in the corner.

2. Lure the bosses such that the mage ends up in the corner, with the meleer on one side, ranger on another wise, and two walls on the other side.

3. That way, everyone else can tele in without having to worry about the mager attacking them(since it can't move through warrior/ranger.

4. Meleer and ranger hit lower than the mage = winning.