Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to apologize to Mc, Obt, Cheesy and the rest of the DGS members for stirring up all this trouble. It won't happen again.

Edit: I didn't mean to stir up all this trouble. I spoke with Cheesy last night and it was an honest mistake. I'm sorry.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

i know this is probably several hours late but i post most of my pics before i get off for the night

110613165429.png

gratz dark@@@@@@@

I am MAD

meh,maybe I deserve it because I'm not 90 slayer :|

You could have 2496 total, 161M dungeoneering xp.. and not have one? :)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Damn, gratz :)

I need to farm you exp Ousekeys !

May be onto something there lol, last three Eds I've seen have all dropped BNs, first I bound to myself, the 2nd which was dropped in a team containing 3 BN and 2 Hexs binds and of course you know to whom the last one went. :thumbsup:

abandonnedherokeyer15.png

Is the Urn half empty or half full?

dgsl.jpg

^Yeh i knew about those three drops, read it on here, that's actually the only reason i want to dung with you.

Gimme a BN then GTFO.

Just kidding ofc :D

Nostar.png

Dagannoth Rex Drops : Zerker ring x2 / Dragon hatchet x2 / Warrior ring x3

Damn, gratz :)

I need to farm you exp Ousekeys !

May be onto something there lol, last three Eds I've seen have all dropped BNs, first I bound to myself, the 2nd which was dropped in a team containing 3 BN and 2 Hexs binds and of course you know to whom the last one went. :thumbsup:

So mouse, looks like I really do need to start dging with you more often, damn the times we're on though. Jimmy, grats but fffff...

funnyline.png
260pifq.jpg
dlWmf3d.pngcyndane.png
Balthamel.png

I'd like to bring up something that was mentioned 2 pages back (unrelated to mod drama), about spending tokens on blazer when one doesn't have 70RC.

The recommendation was to instead get t5 gatherer.

Which is sound advice, and I agree, get t5 gatherer.

But I'd like to add that you should also invest in blazer. Personally, I would get t5 blazer, but perhaps you might want to stop at t3 or t4. If you pick up rune drops throughout the dungeon, you should have enough deaths/bloods for at least 20-40 surges, if not more. Then you can just use some ess drops to make airs and other elemental runes and you got yourself a decent enough amount of surges. For this reason, I recommend you have a magic ring in the wings with zerker/gatherer as your quickswitch rings. Once you have a decent pile of runes, replace gatherer with blazer in your quickswitch and be ready to mage if the situation calls for it.

I'm not really sure if this is worth the effort, especially since I don't know the quality of dungeoneering the person who originally asked this has, so it might be better to work on other aspects before delving into this. But practicality aside, this should be brought to the asker's attention for future use, if not immediate use.

Updated: Unpack Keys.Zip.

Must read:

• If you've downloaded or used the previous one, you must go to My Documents and delete the Keying folder. The old one must not be running while, or you will be unable to delete this directory.
  • AVG seems to have a problem with Unpack Keys. It is most likely due to one of the updates below marked with an *. Simply add it to your trusted applications list if this is a problem.
  • The VirusTotal scan results for Unpack Keys can be found here. (1/43).
  • The VirusTotal scan results for Keying can be found here. (0/37).
  • To show the GDI+ window, hold left CTRL.
  • To select colors, grids, or shapes, left click.
  • To set home teleport, middle click on a grid.
  • To clear a grid of keys, simply right click it.

If you are worried about Unpack Keys, the source code is below:

[spoiler=Unpack Keys - Source Code]

#NoTrayIcon

Gui, 1: -Caption +Border +AlwaysOnTop

Gui, 1: Margin, 5, 5
Gui, 1: Add, Progress, w200 h15 vS HWNDS +0x8 -Smooth
Gui, 1: Show,, Unpacking Files... 
PostMessage, 0x40a, 1, 0,, % "ahk_id " S

IfNotExist, % A_MyDocuments "\Keying"
FileCreateDir, % A_MyDocuments "\Keying"
IfNotExist, % A_MyDocuments "\Keying\Resource"
FileCreateDir, % A_MyDocuments "\Keying\Resource"

FileInstall, C:\Keying\Resource\Resource.dll, %A_MyDocuments%\Keying\Resource\Resource.dll
FileInstall, C:\Keying\Resource\Keying16x16.ico, %A_MyDocuments%\Keying\Resource\Keying16x16.ico
FileInstall, C:\Keying\Keying[dot]exe, %A_MyDocuments%\Keying\Keying[dot]exe

FileCreateShortcut, %A_MyDocuments%\Keying\Keying[dot]exe, %A_Desktop%\Keying.lnk, %A_MyDocuments%\Keying

Run, %A_MyDocuments%\Keying\Keying[dot]exe

ExitApp

If you are still worried, and would rather not use Unpack Keys, or if AVG won't let you, you can skip the Unpack Keys by creating a folder in My Documents called Keying. You can then extract this ZIP file to that location (My Documents\Keying). As you can see from the source code of Unpack Keys, that's all it does. :P.

A screenshot of the new layout:

[spoiler=Screenshot]demood.jpg

Updates:

• Home teleport option!
  • Changed the layout to be, what I thought to be, a tad easier.
  • Rather then unpacking and having it store/use 64 key images, all the images are packed into a Resource.dll. This means: faster, no transparency issues/corrupt files. *
  • All-in-all, it should run smoother and require less memory usage.
  • Freezing issues should be fixed. I believe it was a problem with the GDI+ trying to create the PBITMAP from the key image file. Now that it used Resource.dll, this should no longer be an issue!

* - See above in the Must Read list.

The contents of Resource.dll are listed below and can be verified using various tools such as Resource Hacker:

[spoiler=Resource.dll]resource.jpg

To-Do:

• Add the option to remap keys, as some don't have middle mouse buttons.
  • Add the option to capture/display the last captured dungeon map.
  • Possibly add the ability for other members in the DG to edit the map. This will require a secure method of PC communication, which will take time.
  • Add an auto-update feature.
  • Merge with the skill script to add/display rooms with skill doors or resources or altars.

Thought/comments/questions/concerns?

Juxter.png

Quest cape achieved on 7/11/2010.

You'd have to be some sort of masochist to want to be a forum moderator on the RSOF. They're honestly better off, imo.

Just ran into this in a C2, not sure if it new or not but thought I should post it here:

bug-1.png

Tried everything but my character would just keep running at the long wall when i try to run past it for the key, as if there is no space in the wall where I've marked..

Obviously this could be a major problem if it occurs in 5:5s, submitted a bug report anyway

Edit: Found the same room again in another C2, so hopefully its not a regular occurance

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Reposting this so everyone sees it.

As Grimy said, DGSers will no longer be allowed to advertise for floors in the clan chat if there are banned players on the team. We haven't had this problem before, but apparently being on the banlist isn't clear enough, so I'm clarifying our position now. It really defeats the purpose of a ban if one can still reap the benefits of DGS, and it's generally unhealthy for the community.

If you're friends with someone on the banlist and you want to dg with them, use 117/148/3BO/UDG/No Quitters/etc. Thank you.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.