Dungeonsweepers (DGS) - Huge changes; read first post.

Obtaurian

medal woot !

Is there a way to apply to be a keyer without joining the rank? Like as some of you know i can't leave my current clan

repost

I believe pf isn't in the clan and is keyer rank on this thread. Mostly people have to know you since no star.

So yes.

siggya.png

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, Chee, toad, and I are starting a project on the critical path!

110617034617.png

We hope to discover patterns and information about how it works.

More information is located on grimy's forums

Thanks ! :)

siggya.png

Yeah, you can apply to be a keyer regardless of whether or not you can actually "join" DGS, but we would prefer you to hang out in the chat for awhile and get to know people first. We value commitment, after all.

EDIT: Expanded the abbreviations section. Big thanks to Mach One for that.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Yeah, you can apply to be a keyer regardless of whether or not you can actually "join" DGS, but we would prefer you to hang out in the chat for awhile and get to know people first. We value commitment, after all.

EDIT: Expanded the abbreviations section. Big thanks to Mach One for that.

Does this mean I can be mad at Mach for stealing my idea?

Our_Moon.png

Hi everyone,

I used to dg with this clan about three and a half months ago after which I quit the game for real life reasons. (Don't know if anyone remembers me? lol. I remember two people, Cheeesy and Jimi I think his name is :P)

I've come back to RS and I would like to dg again, but I see the guidelines have been updated? I meet the requirement for the berserker ring (87 dg + T8 berserker) but not for blazer as I am T8 Gatherer. I really try to key as many floors as I possibly can now and my question is, wouldn't it be better to have gatherer to minimise damage from skill doors?

Secondly, as I said before, I like to key as many floors as possible, is it a necessity to have a surgebox instead of laws binded? Because I'm sure that there will be a few floors that I may not get the chance to key and I see in the guidelines it states that "Celestial surgeboxes (CSBs) should be bound by all non-keyer DPSers."

Thirdly, I know that the keyers in this clan are very fast (I was absolutely amazed the first time I dged with DGS), but since my personal best has only ever been 34 minutes (usually 39-52minutes), would it be frowned upon if I was to host + key a floor since everybody is used to fast keying?

Thanks, I look forward to dging with you guys again and hopefully it won't be too long before I hit 110+ dg :D

Saj.

Hi everyone,

I used to dg with this clan about three and a half months ago after which I quit the game for real life reasons. (Don't know if anyone remembers me? lol. I remember two people, Cheeesy and Jimi I think his name is :P)

I've come back to RS and I would like to dg again, but I see the guidelines have been updated? I meet the requirement for the berserker ring (87 dg + T8 berserker) but not for blazer as I am T8 Gatherer. I really try to key as many floors as I possibly can now and my question is, wouldn't it be better to have gatherer to minimise damage from skill doors?

Secondly, as I said before, I like to key as many floors as possible, is it a necessity to have a surgebox instead of laws binded? Because I'm sure that there will be a few floors that I may not get the chance to key and I see in the guidelines it states that "Celestial surgeboxes (CSBs) should be bound by all non-keyer DPSers."

Thirdly, I know that the keyers in this clan are very fast (I was absolutely amazed the first time I dged with DGS), but since my personal best has only ever been 34 minutes (usually 39-52minutes), would it be frowned upon if I was to host + key a floor since everybody is used to fast keying?

Thanks, I look forward to dging with you guys again and hopefully it won't be too long before I hit 110+ dg :D

Saj.

no just tell people your still learning.

harpycopy.png

fyi, ladies dig the talons

Hot man of the Trickster Pirates.

I very rarely key anymore, and when I do it seems to be around 18 minutes, so I kinda stop there and say that's enough for me. I key around 1 floor every 50 probably so I don't really enjoy it.

Ideally I would have a second maxed player in the team to help with skilldoors but I don't seem to have that available anymore, anyway 54 gorger and team was communicating properly so it was easier to assess what was going on and getting gt moved ahead of time when it's last minute it becomes a problem.

jagexlauncher2011061718.png

I really need to get my keying style back into the 15 region, *If* I start again but I'll definitely need 2 or so pros (eyebeam make gates) ;)

Obviously as a keyer I can take all the credit but that's not fair a keyer is only as good as his team, the keyer just tends to pull the strings on when things should be done.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

I really need to get my keying style back into the 15 region, *If* I start again but I'll definitely need 2 or so pros (eyebeam make gates) ;)

Yeah.. I need to work on that + being faster to get out of HT (seeing how I'm normally last).

Well well, stuff to improve on I guess. :geek:

v7hblz.jpg

#3325 to 99 Smithing #4332 to 99 Herblore

Yeah.. I need to work on that + being faster to get out of HT (seeing how I'm normally last).

Well well, stuff to improve on I guess. :geek:

That's right Major Derp :cool:

Hi everyone,

Saj.

no just tell people your still learning.

Alright, thank you :)

I gave the common abbreviations section its own tab, so it's much easier to find/see now. I also added a few more abbreviations that Our Moon and Michael gave me.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Why is GDM said twice?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

Why is GDM said twice?

Cus it's twice as important!

GTE - GT end is missing

and FG - Free gte? is there idk why (typo)

I don't use a lot of those commands but I guess it's down to keyers preference

110617034617.png

How do you keep track of what rooms are part of the critical path?

110617034617.png

Anything after a pot door is not on the critical path. Otherwise, you can't tell.

^ There is a guide mode option.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

110617034617.png

Anything after a pot door is not on the critical path. Otherwise, you can't tell.

If you vidded it you could see which rooms had which keys and find out. But that is impractical and I thought you'd have a better way

110617034617.png

If you vidded it you could see which rooms had which keys and find out. But that is impractical and I thought you'd have a better way

ues guide mode.

110617034617.png

ues guide mode.

Why is part of it so bright? Is that guide mode?

2dgucz6.png

110617034617.png

ues guide mode.

Why is part of it so bright? Is that guide mode?

I believe the bright colors are guide mode rooms.

azeem1992.png

Tan = critical path

Fuzzy = bonus rooms

That's exactly what guide mode does. Critical path means those are the bare minimum of rooms that need to be explored in order to complete the dungeon.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

110617034617.png

It's good to keep track of keys obtained from pot rooms, because you know that they aren't critical path.

I think some resources can also tip you off depending on skill levels.

Like for example a soulgazer when I'm the highest slayer lvl (95) should be bonus.

We hope to find out more though.

siggya.png

jagexlauncher2011061718.png

Not sure how that could have been improved without another hex and everyone being maxed lol.

I wouldn't be too down on your keying, were pretty smooth dungeons. :thumbup: