How are you preparing for Bonus XP Weekend?

Da2Shae

Well personally I'm combining herb runs (Chaos Druids) with Manage thy Kingdom (All herbs, 5 on maples) and I plan on selling all my herbs/seeds/nests.

I'm thinking of selling my stuff on the Sunday of that week since I've heard about how everything crashed last year two days before the weekend. I just want to be safe by selling a bit early just in case everything crashes early.

What are you guys doing? Collectors, when are you selling? Skillers/Fighters what are you training?

I also have no Idea what to train on that weekend.

Predatorsig.png

RSN: Cool Guy878 "D2S" (lost all my friends after a 2 year break, feel free to add me.)

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is already another topic discussing the double xp weekend. ;)

Specifically this question? Is this the conversation thats going on in that thread?

Also that smilie face creeped me out. Just saying.

Predatorsig.png

RSN: Cool Guy878 "D2S" (lost all my friends after a 2 year break, feel free to add me.)

The other thread doesn't specifically address this topic but there's no need to create 1000 threads all addressing different parts of the same issue.

There are tons of people offering advice/asking for advice/telling what they're going to do for bonus exp weekend.

For the most part it seem - people are going to be training those money sucking or time intensive skills - namely: Construction, Herblore, Summoning, and Agility.

There are the most popular ones I've seen as of now.

I'll probably wait till after bonus exp weekend to do herblore - I'm just farming/selling my herbs now and wait til prices crash before I buy back herbs.

I'll definately be training construction (gotta get to that altar!) and after that - work on some odd and ends. When the 10 hours expire, I'll then go get my summoning to 68 for Bunyip. Hunting those charms now is a bisch though.

capt%20kevin.png

I had saved a few herbs from MTK but nothing major, but I sold up some stuff and should manage to get 93 Herblore if I've calculated everything correctly. After that I'll just fletch which was what I was going to do before I found my saved herbs.

No reason not to test the herb market and sell now, since the guide price doesn't have to rise to keep up with demand in the free market. Just keep an eye on what different herbs are going for and sell when you think is best, I think a lot of people are going to be selling their stuff even earlier than last year since everyone knows about the crash 2 days prior to the BXPW.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I've had my MTK stocked up for about 3 months anticipating another weekend, and hurrah! it's here. So I'll probably be doing herb till 91/92 then either firemaking or thieving. Also, at the beginning of the weekend I will check all my Magic trees and Papaya trees and plant new ones. Then log back on Saturday night and check them again, then start with herblore :P

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

I'm collecting Obsidian Charms (300 to go) for Lava Titan pouches. Furthermore I'm busy Dungeoneering to earn 20k tokens for the Scroll of Cleansing (Wasteless Herblore) while farming Snapdragons with Juju Potions.

When I got my Scroll of Cleansing, I'll make my Snapdragons and other herbs in unf pots, and make Prayer Potions until Herblore 81 or so. Will sell those Prayer Potions quite expensive, and be ready to 2.7x my Saradomin Brews and Super Restore Potions. Hopefully I'll end near 85 Herblore.

If I got preparation time leftover, I'll probably plank some Teak Logs. At the sunday I'll be Summoning.

Ufi8J.png

My supplies (has already increased a bit due to farming and slayer)

First half an hour:

-Check health on 2 Spirit Trees

-Check health on 5 Magic Trees

-Check Health on 6 Palm Trees

-Check Health on a Calquat Tree

-Check Health on Cactus

-Check Health on 5 poison ivy bushes and pick the berries

-Torstols farm run

That should net me over 450k farming XP :)

After that, I'll do some construction, bought 85k oak planks (Hopefully 99)

I might take breaks to make some air battlestaves (Been saving the daily 80 ones)

And to end it, smith 20k mithril bars which should get me 90 Smithing, maybe a bit more :P

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

First half an hour:

-Check health on 2 Spirit Trees

-Check health on 5 Magic Trees

-Check Health on 6 Palm Trees

-Check Health on a Calquat Tree

-Check Health on Cactus

-Check Health on 5 poison ivy bushes and pick the berries

-Torstols farm run

That should net me over 450k farming XP :)

After that, I'll do some construction, bought 85k oak planks (Hopefully 99)

I might take breaks to make some air battlestaves (Been saving the daily 80 ones)

And to end it, smith 20k mithril bars which should get me 90 Smithing, maybe a bit more :P

I've already calculated just a tree run with two spirits, and it's about 485k xp. You should get about 530 with that :)

2s0cxth.png

Staking for money to buy herblore then gonna do summoning when I'm at 1.1x.

Also gonna do some farm runs, starting to farm a lot more now since I have the money to train it. Before its like omg I only have like 20-70m I can't afford this :| But now... well yeah. I've staked.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Sold stuff, spent money on herblore, bought stuff for herblore, went to TDs, got a TD head (all of the dragon chucnks they drop are part of their body) and claw drop, sold that, spent more on herblore. Hoping to get enough money for 1k spec restores, super antifires, super att/str pots. Or maybe I'll try to get 500 of em or something. Right now I'm looking at 2.5k+ super def pots and 6k+ super attack pots. (I'm making more unf pots then I got the supps for, due to scroll of cleansing - so after I make my unf pots I'm buying more secondaries.)

Tl;dr

Herblore, making money for herblore, more herblore.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

I'm doing Herblore and Summoning. I'm not sure what I'm doing between those though. I'm thinking either Ape Atoll or hunting butterflies.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

Got some herbs I bought a few weeks before it was announced, so I decided to save them, plus my MTK herbs...plant some trees beforehand...that's about it.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

85 herblore atm, just need to get 86 before the weekend to get to work on these:

capturenow.png

Can't afford 1k torstols yet, so after I've got 1k of each extreme I'll just slowly make them into overloads once the weekend's over probably.

Gonna do a farm run at the start of the weekend too, for schmidts and giggles

77yLQy8.png

As soon as the weekend starts: Cash in my stack of ~20 or so combined long and curved bones with the Dorgesh Kaan goblin guy, which will net me 71->72 Construction.

Teleport to Ourania, and spend the 10 hours runecrafting at ZMI. Estimated levels: 66->73 Runecrafting.

Then, head to Castle Wars bank to commence turning 18k+ charms into pouches. Currently the levels gained will be 79->93 Summoning, however I will continue to slay up until the weekend starts, so I may squeeze out one or two more levels. Ideally three.

After that, I don't know. I've kicked around a couple of ideas (getting to 75 or even 77 RC, Agility, Fishing, Herblore if I can buy supplies cheap enough a day or two before to make it worthwhile, Mining, etc.) but nothing is set in stone yet. One thing I will NOT be doing is slaying; I've been doing it close to nonstop since the last weekend saving up charms and I will be taking a break from slaying for the time being.

So at least 22 levels, and likely even more than that. 2100 total is quite close indeed.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

Gonna train rc and agility.

Trained enough Herblore last bonus xp weekend so I'll probably sell my herbs, which would profit me about 18m.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.