Jagex to develop Transformers MMO for 2012.

Sylpheed

lol thats actually a good use of picture there though Das rather than just spam. As for Netdragon as far as I'm aware (i could be wrong) they have the licence to make a game in China, not globally.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, wait, they're taking people who work on runescape and assigning them to this? I was under the impression they brought in new-hires and kept the teams seperate and equally strong. Would they really take on this and shoot themselves in the foot with their other, current, known-moneymakers? I don't really think so.

yeah i don't get it, they could always just sell books and t shirts to make more money(even though they make mass amounts)

hey wait...

Sorry, but if Hasbro is backing you, you don't NEED to sell anything additional.

And christ if there are people stupid enough to buy RS merchandise and it's helping Jagex keep RuneScape going, does it even matter? It's not like you have to buy them to get ahead in the game. You've got a weird thought process that doesn't make sense to anyone but yourself, don'cha?

if it's my thought process why should it make sense to someone else?

it isn't in their head

just fyi i was agreeing with you btw with the point that they don't need to abandon rs for transformers(if thats what you referred to by moneymakers)

i'll assume so because i don't see too many people with i brought the wildy back shirts.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

So, wait, they're taking people who work on runescape and assigning them to this? I was under the impression they brought in new-hires and kept the teams seperate and equally strong. Would they really take on this and shoot themselves in the foot with their other, current, known-moneymakers? I don't really think so.

yeah i don't get it, they could always just sell books and t shirts to make more money(even though they make mass amounts)

hey wait...

Sorry, but if Hasbro is backing you, you don't NEED to sell anything additional.

And christ if there are people stupid enough to buy RS merchandise and it's helping Jagex keep RuneScape going, does it even matter? It's not like you have to buy them to get ahead in the game. You've got a weird thought process that doesn't make sense to anyone but yourself, don'cha?

if it's my thought process why should it make sense to someone else?

it isn't in their head

just fyi i was agreeing with you btw with the point that they don't need to abandon rs for transformers(if thats what you referred to by moneymakers)

i'll assume so because i don't see too many people with i brought the wildy back shirts.

coulda sworn i clicked edit, double posted tho

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I just can't picture anyone wishing to play as a robot which turns into a car, and vice-versa. Especially in a RPG setting...

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Wow, how many MMO's are they up to now? I completely lost count... and isn't the "early 2011" timeframe for Stellar Dawn release about to run out?

Knowing Jagex, this will never happen really. Or it will fail.

Okay, I love RuneScape, even though I dont play anymore, but Jagex just seems unable to get anything else out that is decent. When was Mechscape supposed to be released? 2007? Here we are 4 years later and looking at what seems to be another delay. That is infinitely ridiculous.

I would MUCH rather they focused all their resources on developing RuneScape, instead of doing all these other side-projects.

If you need a list all their current existing/being worked on products:

-Runescape (rly?)

-Funorb/"Jagex Games Lab". This includes all those iphone games. I also don't know if this should really count as being worked on, since it's practically dead...

-Stellar Dawn

-War of Legends

-8 Realms

-Planetarion

-Galaxytarion...

-This

And then some extra stuff I don't count as games but are still sort of important:

-An Ortho mode of Runescape. Basically this means the camera angle is preselected so it takes lower specs because it has to render less stuff. And then they'll release it on the iPad plus other products

-Kickabout on Facebook (lolfail)

-Project Ignite. Basically a way for publishers to get help to publish a game where TIGA to does all of the work and then they pass it on to Jagex, where they publish it and take part of the profit.

Also noteworthy, until recently they were working with Parasonic to put RS and stellar dawn into "The Jungle". But parasonic cancelled the product.

And if anybody cared to take count, only Runescape is making a profit out of all of these.

ive never seen a transformers movie, cartoon or anything before

i didnt even know that Autobot was from Transformers when i made the char name Autobot on RS. They banned it for being an offensive name than they wanna make THIS GAME?

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

i didnt even know that Autobot was from Transformers when i made the char name Autobot on RS. They banned it for being an offensive name than they wanna make THIS GAME?

They probably thought it made you look like a botter :P

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

They probably thought it made you look like a botter :P

I'm 100% sure that was the reason lol.

Funny how they think someone would bot on a char named Autobot, and not "abc123def" or some name like that, besides it was level 3 with 1 in all skills :mrgreen:

Maybe this is a stepping stone or dummy run (not sure about the proper business word for this) for stellar dawn or the other way around, similar to all those stories about the relationship between war of legends and 8realms.

Well, I have honestly no idea why Hasbro would choose Jagex, but I think they should get a chance at least. Apart from Runescape, Jagex has released only funorb yet, which practically did only really fail because they tried using subscriptions there as well. No matter how good the games are, there are tons of sites how offer small minigames, and almost none require you to pay money to enjoy them fully. The market was just overflown with free stuff already. But a lot of the funorb games are actually really decent.

I hope it crashes.

Crashes and burns.

I hope it's successful.

Successful and thriving.

More money for Jagex from non-RS Subscription = more money put into RS and new Transformers game.

Also from this subscription fee might lower back down to 5 USD per month.

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

I hope it crashes.

Crashes and burns.

I hope it's successful.

Successful and thriving.

More money for Jagex from non-RS Subscription = more money put into RS and new Transformers game.

I really cant see the subscription fee going down. <_<

I hope it crashes.

Crashes and burns.

I hope it's successful.

Successful and thriving.

In any case, the odd recent questionable update has certainly not been caused by a lack of resources.

Then was it a lack of understanding of what Smithing needed? Because clearly they didn't deliver.

Exactly. All the money in the world on its own can't buy you an insight into what the players are saying. Only having a look at what the players are saying will get you that.

I hope it crashes.

Crashes and burns.

I hope it's successful.

Successful and thriving.

Well, in real terms it has, because of inflation.

No one realized Jagex is the worst company to hire to make this game.

So many failed updates..

And so many successful ones? What about the fantastic and well planned Dungeoneering improvements? There's a balance to be had here, and it's pretty positive overall. Jagex did make a successful MMO out of Java, if that's a hint.

Edited by Will_H

~ W ~

sigzi.png

One year to develop a full MMO? I highly doubt it, even the best companies in the world with thousands working on a game could barely pull that off. I wouldn't expect anthing like it until 2013 at the earliest.

I'm not to good on what happens when a country acquires a new licence like this, does Hasbro give Jagex he funding for it? If so, it's great news for Jagex indeed. (Please for the love of god I hope nobody comments that they are selling out or something along those lines)

EDIT: What is with the sheer hate on Jagex here by the way? Hoping the game crashes and burns, thinking it will destroy RS? Where is the basis for these opinions?

Jagex already have an engine to develop it from, plus they are also developing Stellar Dawn - which will probably have some similar elements to a transformers MMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to dump stellar dawn.

Jagex already have an engine to develop it from, plus they are also developing Stellar Dawn - which will probably have some similar elements to a transformers MMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to dump stellar dawn.

They might favourte stellar dawn a bit more as they can get more by not having to pay for patents.

I suspect war of leglands will also be sitting in a much lower place on Jagex's homepage after 8relams is out, as their ?58,59,881,90930"]current venture isnt a really jolly one.

Remember, guys, Jagex made the game you've all been playing non-stop for years.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Remember, guys, Jagex made the game you've all been playing non-stop for years.

Yes and it's one of the worst game's we've ever laid our eyes on LOL. I think the reason most of us don't leave is because we (the ones playing for years) don't have the time to start a game that's actually good, plus this game is cheap - and you get what you pay for. :lol: plz Skyrim come out sooner :pray: