Jagex to develop Transformers MMO for 2012.

Sylpheed

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus the old 80's cartoon which was decent until they made that movie with Lenord Nemoy.

Been utter garbage since.

Did you watch the same transformer animated movie i did? I honestly think you're just talking to talk.

the main purpose of the movie was to effectively kill off the entire toybox or the majority of it and bring in new characters to sell at retail - they did the SAME THING with GI Joe except they didn't kill off duke due to the backlash of primes death. Both Films introduce a ton of new characters intended to sell new toys. Buzz Dixon (Hasbro big wig at the time) even said so on the extra features of one of the dvd releases or at joe/botcon.

Some Transformers were good kills - the voice actor for Jazz died after the movie - And Casey Kasem left the show anyways.

Both movies were guilty of bringing in "big name" voice actors to help sell the movie to parents. Nimoy (trek), Orson Wells (citizen kane...war of the worlds), Robert Stack (Untouchables), Judd Nelson (Breakfast club), Eric Idle (Monty Python) - all of these voice actors were replaced for the following season. Hot rod and Ultra Magnus were key characters just as much as galvatron - and that arguement is a fallacy.

GI Joe brought in Burgess Meredith (Batman, rocky) Don Johnson (Miami Vice) , Jennifer Darling (Six Million Dollar Man), Sgt Slaughter (WWE), and other "household names.

Infact, both shows used and made use of former TV stars.

Gi Joe employed Kene Holiday and Lee Weaver (Matlock and Easy Street) and Transformers used guys like Alan Openhiemer, Roger Carmel, Scatman Crothers, Casey Kasem, Walker Edmiston and Aron Kincaid. Both casts has plenty of "Celebrities" doing roles before nimoy.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I loved watching Transformers as a kid, and actually wanted some of the action figures too. XD That being said, I can't wait to see what the game brings. :D

Thus the old 80's cartoon which was decent until they made that movie with Lenord Nemoy.

Been utter garbage since.

Did you watch the same transformer animated movie i did? I honestly think you're just talking to talk.

the main purpose of the movie was to effectively kill off the entire toybox or the majority of it and bring in new characters to sell at retail - they did the SAME THING with GI Joe except they didn't kill off duke due to the backlash of primes death. Both Films introduce a ton of new characters intended to sell new toys. Buzz Dixon (Hasbro big wig at the time) even said so on the extra features of one of the dvd releases or at joe/botcon.

Some Transformers were good kills - the voice actor for Jazz died after the movie - And Casey Kasem left the show anyways.

Both movies were guilty of bringing in "big name" voice actors to help sell the movie to parents. Nimoy (trek), Orson Wells (citizen kane...war of the worlds), Robert Stack (Untouchables), Judd Nelson (Breakfast club), Eric Idle (Monty Python) - all of these voice actors were replaced for the following season. Hot rod and Ultra Magnus were key characters just as much as galvatron - and that arguement is a fallacy.

GI Joe brought in Burgess Meredith (Batman, rocky) Don Johnson (Miami Vice) , Jennifer Darling (Six Million Dollar Man), Sgt Slaughter (WWE), and other "household names.

Infact, both shows used and made use of former TV stars.

Gi Joe employed Kene Holiday and Lee Weaver (Matlock and Easy Street) and Transformers used guys like Alan Openhiemer, Roger Carmel, Scatman Crothers, Casey Kasem, Walker Edmiston and Aron Kincaid. Both casts has plenty of "Celebrities" doing roles before nimoy.

Yea, I seen it in the movie theatre when it first came out. Top that?

I remember feeling crappy after the movie because as a kid seeing optimus prime kick the bucket in like the first 10 minutes of the movie was tramatic.

On top of that all the new toys were crap.

They definitely killed off the toybox and the series to top that.

In it's place was just wierd ass looking alien vehicles and then they moved on to bug/animal crap.

If you played with the action figures then you knew how cool shockwave/jetfire was to transform, and how stupid the redone megatron/galvatron was.

The movie definitely marked the end of transformers.

GI JOE is way older than me.

Kids were getting action figures in the 50s or 60s.

They redid it in the 80s with a cartoon and all the characters your thinking of.

I used to go down to the rich kid's house and play with his aircraft carrier.

You could actually land the f-14 on there and a super cobra to boot.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Yea, I seen it in the movie theatre when it first came out. Top that?

I remember feeling crappy after the movie because as a kid seeing optimus prime kick the bucket in like the first 10 minutes of the movie was tramatic.

On top of that all the new toys were crap.

They definitely killed off the toybox and the series to top that.

In it's place was just wierd ass looking alien vehicles and then they moved on to bug/animal crap.

If you played with the action figures then you knew how cool shockwave/jetfire was to transform, and how stupid the redone megatron/galvatron was.

The movie definitely marked the end of transformers.

GI JOE is way older than me.

Kids were getting action figures in the 50s or 60s.

They redid it in the 80s with a cartoon and all the characters your thinking of.

I used to go down to the rich kid's house and play with his aircraft carrier.

You could actually land the f-14 on there and a super cobra to boot.

Beat that?

I have half of the G1 casts autographs from Frank Welker to Don Messick. I'm too lazy to watermark my graphs, but i'm sure the staff members can vouch for my collection, it's scope and it's insanity overall. Personally I didn't mind the new toys, as more transformers/joes = bigger battles in my living room. Bigger battles = more fun. Jetfires shoulder broke on me - Which holds the record as one of my two broken toys (o-rings in joes never counted as broken imo).

I personally didn't think the insecticons were any more odd than the dinobots (Dinobot island is better than insect robots? really? :P - and grimlock is hands down my favorite transformer. ) either way, i'd take aliens/insects/anything over stupid ones from the movie like the mountain dew machine one.

Before the 82 Real American Heroes toylines the joes were 12 inch dolls, hardly the 3 3/4 inch toyline that went over a decade and spawned 2 cartoons, an animated movie, and a 100+ issue comic book run by marvel comics. I'm still working on completing the full run of gi joe figures when I can.

The Aircraft carrier you're referring to is the USS Flag and you could easily fit two skystrikers and the Tomahawk chopper or 5 or 6 Dragonfly copters - thing's like 7 feet long. thing was like what $89.99 in 1985 for inflation thats like a $200 toy today, Lol

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

So this is what Jagex spends their time on now, instead of giving us decent, worthwhile updates?

Cue the uprising of Transformers, and the Downfall of RS.

..... or perhaps Transformers failz

Korasi is much more appealing than Optimus, but less so than Megan >:-&

I hope it crashes.

Crashes and burns.

Oh, that's nice dear. Want to wish any more undeserved failure on people trying to go about their business? I see that you two are making quite good progress on your spitefulness, keep up the good work. icon_thumbsu.gif

[serious]

People, if you think this is going to impact Runescape in any way, you need to look up on how Jagex is structured first. The teams that work on the individual projects do not use the same resource pool. In any case, the odd recent questionable update has certainly not been caused by a lack of resources.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

In any case, the odd recent questionable update has certainly not been caused by a lack of resources.

Then was it a lack of understanding of what Smithing needed? Because clearly they didn't deliver.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Beat that?

I have half of the G1 casts autographs from Frank Welker to Don Messick. I'm too lazy to watermark my graphs, but i'm sure the staff members can vouch for my collection, it's scope and it's insanity overall. Personally I didn't mind the new toys, as more transformers/joes = bigger battles in my living room. Bigger battles = more fun. Jetfires shoulder broke on me - Which holds the record as one of my two broken toys (o-rings in joes never counted as broken imo).

I personally didn't think the insecticons were any more odd than the dinobots (Dinobot island is better than insect robots? really? :P - and grimlock is hands down my favorite transformer. ) either way, i'd take aliens/insects/anything over stupid ones from the movie like the mountain dew machine one.

Before the 82 Real American Heroes toylines the joes were 12 inch dolls, hardly the 3 3/4 inch toyline that went over a decade and spawned 2 cartoons, an animated movie, and a 100+ issue comic book run by marvel comics. I'm still working on completing the full run of gi joe figures when I can.

The Aircraft carrier you're referring to is the USS Flag and you could easily fit two skystrikers and the Tomahawk chopper or 5 or 6 Dragonfly copters - thing's like 7 feet long. thing was like what $89.99 in 1985 for inflation thats like a $200 toy today, Lol

I couldn't tell you what voice was from what future star or long time B actor.

It just doesn't matter, the toys were the point.

When the toys stopped being the point and what clown voiced what, then its over.

I was never that big on GI Joe because alot of the stuff was pricey.

I remember the aircraft carrier being over a $100 in the stores which is why only the rich kid on the block had it.

Only thing I owned was cobra's A-10 looking thing. I couldn't remember their made up name for the life of me.

I was big into He-man.

I had all the figurines, evil lynn, man-at-arms, he-man in like 3 or 4 different outfits, battlecat, panthor, skeltor, castle greyskull, snake mountain, and on and on...

Jetfire was my favorite transformer even if it was a Robotech looking jet and not a real one.

I also had the triple formers which were neat.

I can't remember the name but I had the robot/space shuttle/railroad train thing.

I also liked Dirge which was that european fighter/bomber looking thing.

I had a ton of star wars toys as well. (x-wing, tie fighter, darth vader's ship)

I have far more of that than anything else.

They are worth some serious dough nowadays, but I hang on to them.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Jetfire was my favorite transformer even if it was a Robotech looking jet and not a real one.

I also had the triple formers which were neat.

I can't remember the name but I had the robot/space shuttle/railroad train thing.

I also liked Dirge which was that european fighter/bomber looking thing.

Astrotrain

Sylpheed.png

Wow, how many MMO's are they up to now? I completely lost count... and isn't the "early 2011" timeframe for Stellar Dawn release about to run out?

Knowing Jagex, this will never happen really. Or it will fail.

Okay, I love RuneScape, even though I dont play anymore, but Jagex just seems unable to get anything else out that is decent. When was Mechscape supposed to be released? 2007? Here we are 4 years later and looking at what seems to be another delay. That is infinitely ridiculous.

I would MUCH rather they focused all their resources on developing RuneScape, instead of doing all these other side-projects.

"There are only two strategies in war. Move forward or change. The victor is the first to realise that when he cannot move forward he must change."

~ Mod Mark H ~

100000players-2.jpg

Wow, how many MMO's are they up to now? I completely lost count... and isn't the "early 2011" timeframe for Stellar Dawn release about to run out?

Knowing Jagex, this will never happen really. Or it will fail.

Okay, I love RuneScape, even though I dont play anymore, but Jagex just seems unable to get anything else out that is decent. When was Mechscape supposed to be released? 2007? Here we are 4 years later and looking at what seems to be another delay. That is infinitely ridiculous.

I would MUCH rather they focused all their resources on developing RuneScape, instead of doing all these other side-projects.

Theres a difference here though. Jagex won't have the luxury of taking as much time as they want as it's not an original IP they created, it's a franchise owned by Hasbro. Jagex may be making the game but Hasbro will be limiting their creative influence by a pretty large margin when it comes to story/character design/deadlines etc.

Sylpheed.png

So, wait, they're taking people who work on runescape and assigning them to this? I was under the impression they brought in new-hires and kept the teams seperate and equally strong. Would they really take on this and shoot themselves in the foot with their other, current, known-moneymakers? I don't really think so.

hzvjpwS.gif

This is relevant, as it has to do with transformers.

unicrondoesntapprove.jpg

Jagex can run runscape, but just bearly. They started development for mechscape, and have in development, off schedule, stellar dawn. To think a Transformers MMO would be successful, none the less develed by jagex, is laughable.

If ti does see the light of day, it won't be good, it will be rushed, and it will have a shelf life of 2-3 years.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

So, wait, they're taking people who work on runescape and assigning them to this? I was under the impression they brought in new-hires and kept the teams seperate and equally strong. Would they really take on this and shoot themselves in the foot with their other, current, known-moneymakers? I don't really think so.

You are correct, yet people think they know better for some reason. They've been recruiting for a "New MMO" for a few months now which I imagine is this. While obviously there's people who worked on RuneScape now working on Transformers it's not like Jagex have gone "Ok, all stop RuneScape development, lets all go to Transformers!". The development of this game will have little to no impact on RuneScape.

yeah i don't get it, they could always just sell books and t shirts to make more money(even though they make mass amounts)

hey wait...

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

I think that's enough of the pointless image spamming.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

yeah i don't get it, they could always just sell books and t shirts to make more money(even though they make mass amounts)

hey wait...

Sorry, but if Hasbro is backing you, you don't NEED to sell anything additional.

And christ if there are people stupid enough to buy RS merchandise and it's helping Jagex keep RuneScape going, does it even matter? It's not like you have to buy them to get ahead in the game. You've got a weird thought process that doesn't make sense to anyone but yourself, don'cha?

hzvjpwS.gif

Transformers has made hasbro lots of money. Here is a slide from the toyfare 2010 (where hasbro sells retailers products)

HIRWC-11_1289456790.jpg

I don't think Hasbro is hurting for money as far as merchandising goes.

Secondly it struck me as i remember reading about a transformers MMO before

HIRWC-08_1289456790.jpg

and sure enough Hasbro originally gave the liscence to netdragon

http://www.rpgrank.com/pc_gaming_news_NetDragon-Websoft-Inc-Team-Up-with-Hasbro-to-Develop-Transformers-Online_online_4739.html

Maybe it will sink like Titanic Bot? Bootleg and cheap but still considered popular due to the sheer absurdity of it !

4baee673_00e6_264d.jpg

I think that's enough of the pointless image spamming.

Is it really hurting anything?

transformers-facepalm-fail-180x180.png

Abraham Lincoln