04-Apr-2011- Livid Farm

Michael

Is the Farming XP pretty consistent the entire way through?

If you know what your doing, yes. The curing part only has about 4-5 different patterns that cycle so it's pretty easy to memorise which plant is which.

For a full cycle you need to fertilise three patches, cure three plants, fix two fences and either bundle the flowers or energise Pauline but never both.

I can do a whole wave with like 20 seconds to spare.

Sylpheed.png

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you know what your doing, yes. The curing part only has about 4-5 different patterns that cycle so it's pretty easy to memorise which plant is which.

For a full cycle you need to fertilise three patches, cure three plants, fix two fences and either bundle the flowers or energise Pauline but never both.

Lies I've had bundling and energising in the same round several times.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

The time spent getting the spells is fine, it's just that the activity has about 1 minute of content that they expect us to do for 40 hours. With no random element to it and no change at all it gets boring *very* fast. This combined with the fact that it's not AFKable at all (having to pay constant attention means even watching TV isn't really doable) makes it not very fun at all and probably the most grindy thing in this game (even more so than fletching arrows for example, which is a simple repeatable task but doesn't require full attention span).

This.

I'd rather have them make the game more fun and less repetitive than have them lower our time required to be there to get everything

....I'd find this update a lot more fun and less repetitive if they severely cut down the time needed to get all the rewards?

I'd rather have them make the game more fun and less repetitive than have them lower our time required to be there to get everything

And if it is fun time will fly by quicker. It is impossible to multi task this boring minigame. I also have trouble differentiating 3 of the 4 in the cure plant menu.

Takes time. After a while you get the hang of it.

it could happen

they lowered chaotics and dung rewards

they made spirit shards cheaper

they raised the droprate on nex

the list goes on, i could see it becoming easier

There are also instances where they didn't make it easier, such as their refusal to weaken nomad.

That's not even kind of the same thing. The examples above are cases where either they simply lowered the amount of time taken to do something.

Nomad is supposed to be a combat challenge. Also: He is ridiculously easy. Did it on my first try using like 5 brews.

Bla. Some people found Nomad hard. The problem about a combat challenge in RPGs is that how hard something is generally depends on levels. Come to think of it, I never found his moves that hard, it was the fact that his regular attack spell had so much DPS on me. Aka I was taking damage too fast from the regular spell.

Lies I've had bundling and energising in the same round several times.

Never seen that once. You're either lying, mistaken, or have a different definition of round then me and Slypheed.

Er, you aren't including energizing her for fighting off the Suqah are you? That's actually a "distraction" on the farm, which doesn't actually give any Produce Points. I realize you still right click and select energize for this, so it's fairly similar to the regular energizing done in most rounds. However, a key difference is you don't choose* what "encouragement" to give when helping with the Suqah attack.

*If you do choose the encouragement, you aren't helping her with the Suqah. It's possible to energize her once for part of the normal round and then once again to help her with the Suqah attack, or vice-versa.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

No it was not for suqah and yes i do know what a round on the farm is and I can 100% at least twice (but i recall around 5 occasions possibly) i've had to energise pauline in the same round as tying bundles.

1 round being between her advancing the farm and thus triggering the fence breaks etc to shift.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Wow there's actually something worse than Mobilizing Armies. At least you could AFK that... and I'm pretty sure that only takes ~25 hours or so to get to 300.

But of course because of the shield spell anyone who wants to compete in PvP is now going to have to spend 40 hours grinding. Or botting :lol:

By the way does anyone know yet weather you can use the shield spell alongside vengeance? Or do you get the cooldown message on the shield spell after activating vengeance?

Wow there's actually something worse than Mobilizing Armies. At least you could AFK that... and I'm pretty sure that only takes ~25 hours or so to get to 300.

But of course because of the shield spell anyone who wants to compete in PvP is now going to have to spend 40 hours grinding. Or botting :lol:

By the way does anyone know yet weather you can use the shield spell alongside vengeance? Or do you get the cooldown message on the shield spell after activating vengeance?

In the case that you have both activated the first hit against you will be negated, and vengeance will activate on the second hit, assuming it damages you.

Hameigh.png

Ok, so I tested how long the Spiritualise Food spell booster your familiars timer.

I used a Wolpertinger, it has a max time of 62 minutes.

I used the spell at 20 minute left and it was boosted to 32 minutes.

In other words, the spell boosts your familiars timer with 20% of it's max.

I also tried to see what the "boosts it's combat stats" did.

I tried with two familiars, Wolpertinger and Steel titan.

I used the Monster examine spell to see their stats.

Wolpertinger's base max damage is 224, when I boosted it, it became 235.

Steel titan's base max damage is 244, when I boosted it, it became 260 (still saw a 262 when I tried it so it might be able to hit up to 269. It's like the missing decimal from before constitution update)

I'd say the boost is around 5-7 percent boost in damage.

I have no idea if it boosts their defence. Their max hp also remained the same.

Ok, so I tested how long the Spiritualise Food spell booster your familiars timer.

I used a Wolpertinger, it has a max time of 62 minutes.

I used the spell at 20 minute left and it was boosted to 32 minutes.

In other words, the spell boosts your familiars timer with 20% of it's max.

I also tried to see what the "boosts it's combat stats" did.

I tried with two familiars, Wolpertinger and Steel titan.

I used the Monster examine spell to see their stats.

Wolpertinger's base max damage is 224, when I boosted it, it became 235.

Steel titan's base max damage is 244, when I boosted it, it became 260 (still saw a 262 when I tried it so it might be able to hit up to 269. It's like the missing decimal from before constitution update)

I'd say the boost is around 5-7 percent boost in damage.

I have no idea if it boosts their defence. Their max hp also remained the same.

Which food you actually used?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Cooked sharks, haven't thought about testing other pieces of food. Might be different.

Edit: Got some more info.

The spell only works on food that heal 120 lp or more.

From what I can see, all food gives the same boost on Steel titan.

No it was not for suqah and yes i do know what a round on the farm is and I can 100% at least twice (but i recall around 5 occasions possibly) i've had to energise pauline in the same round as tying bundles.

1 round being between her advancing the farm and thus triggering the fence breaks etc to shift.

Well I've never seen it happen and neither have the three people I asked who had 200k+ produce points so forgive my skepticism.

Sylpheed.png

I suppose it could of been a bug that go fixed since I last did it; but it definitely happened. My pauline energising seemed some what erratic compared to other reports, eg varying between 2 and 3 rounds before she needs it and having 2 rounds in a row etc.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Just got the Disruption shield spell and here is some information.

The knowledge base is wrong, it's recast time is one minute, not 30 seconds.

It can completely block special attacks from Korasi's sword, making it useful to prevent rushers or whatever.

It blocks damage from Ice spells but will not prevent you from being frozen.

If you cast it, you will not be able to recast it until the effect is gone. So you will have to go and get damaged by a player to cast it again.

The effect goes away even if you are hit by a 0/shield splat.

I will be getting the Vengance group spell tomorrow.

It can completely block special attacks from Korasi's sword, making it useful to prevent rushers or whatever.

If you cast it, you will not be able to recast it until the effect is gone. So you will have to go and get damaged by a player to cast it again.

...so... NONE of the spells are worth it at ALL?

NONE?

Holy [bleep] jagex you outdone yourselve this time. Why the [bleep] did I even get 210k produce...

NONE?

Holy [bleep] jagex you outdone yourselve this time. Why the [bleep] did I even get 210k produce...

I thought you canceled your subscription for this month >_>

77yLQy8.png

NONE?

I thought you canceled your subscription for this month >_>

Ya sadly it doesnt end for a bit yet.

But so far, that's every single spell being worthless and/or more time consuming to get than easier methods. Venge group, regardless of which way it works, will realistically still not be very good anyway.

Does it block all the damage from a claws spec or only the first hit?

Does it block veng/ring of recoil damage done to you?

Fou.png

Wouldn't the first hit be 0 anyway, making the rest of the hits be 0 as well?

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

NONE?

way to ignore the familiar food one, rc pouch repair, and group veng :thumbup:

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Venge group may be helpful at nex but doesn't justify the time to get it imo. It would be funny to see nex constantly being venged by everyone if everyone has the spells and position correctly/effectively. In a 7 man team averaging 4 brews a kill that is only 900 lp venged off or so a kill per person assuming 50% of hits are venged back.

Wouldn't the first hit be 0 anyway, making the rest of the hits be 0 as well?

That depends, because claw specs will hit in different patterns, typically X X/2 X/4 X/4, but not all the patterns involve the first hit doing damage, in which case the spell may or may not be useless against the attack.

I'm not sure why you crossed out my second question.

Fou.png

I'd like to get the spells... but I can't see myself every playing this minigame for long enough to get them.

Very tedious, and once you figure out what's happening (about 5 mins after starting), it is just the same thing repeated over and over... Spells would have to be way better for me to want to get them.

I'd like to get the spells... but I can't see myself every playing this minigame for long enough to get them.

Very tedious, and once you figure out what's happening (about 5 mins after starting), it is just the same thing repeated over and over... Spells would have to be way better for me to want to get them.

Isn't that most things in runescape?

Haha, you play around and figure out what you're supposed to do.

Then you're stuck doing the same thing over and over.

It's not that horrible an update - it's a way to train farming which is hard to do outside of your herb/bush/tree runs.

I guess it'll make farming a little bit easier (and now you don't have to buy and break a bajillion seed pods)

capt%20kevin.png

Venge group may be helpful at nex but doesn't justify the time to get it imo. It would be funny to see nex constantly being venged by everyone if everyone has the spells and position correctly/effectively. In a 7 man team averaging 4 brews a kill that is only 900 lp venged off or so a kill per person assuming 50% of hits are venged back.

veng doesn't affect nex..=(

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.