04-Apr-2011- Livid Farm

Michael

Trees look amazing with all the Graphics Options turned on.

:thumbup:

treees.png

Looking down while running though them doesn't even look like Runescape at all!

treees2.png

And here's a side-by-side comparison of the old vs. new.

treees3.png

Also, this is going to be used alot here..

nogame.png

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you use Vengeance Group in DG without unlocking it first?

In a dungeon right now, just tried clicking it and it says I need to help out more on the Livid farm first.

GAY

Oh well, I am not spending 35 hours for a marginal benefit. I already did it once with MA, never again.

td2sig.jpg

If you're going to shove giant trees into our faces, at least assure they don't look like ASS.

I teled to rimmington. I am greated with a giant co...tree in my face. Which doesn't look nice.

I challenge you to find another game that attempts even attempts to make pixels look realistic up close.

Your complaint is kinda, not realistic.

If bioware isn't going to do better on their 10-20 gb computer games

I'm not going to [bleep] about jagex not trying to do better on a browser game.

Jagex does [cabbage] wrong a lot of the time, but this graphical update was by no means a mistake.

Well while it might be good, the problem is that with the current camara angle in which you look at the player (top down 3rd person) doesn't really help creating a realistic atmosphere.

And problems like these you'll always have with a camara so far away from the user.

An over the shoulder view or similar would fit much better with these graphics!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[spoiler=Text + Images]

Trees look amazing with all the Graphics Options turned on.

:thumbup:

treees.png

Looking down while running though them doesn't even look like Runescape at all!

treees2.png

And here's a side-by-side comparison of the old vs. new.

treees3.png

Also, this is going to be used alot here..

nogame.png

Do you think that maybe they updated the spirit tree too? It is with in the area. I cannot wait for them to update all the tree, esp. Magic. This could also open up seasons, imagine at the thanksgiving event, a Lumbridge full of greens,yellows,oranges,and reds. So much they could do. Good graphics updates are always welcome in my book!

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

I love how the trees actually look much larger and like a forested area now instead of a bunch of individual skinny trees.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think this is a really fun update, I have enjoyed my time at the Livid Farm so far and it keeps training fresh and alive. However, the rewards system I don't like. I'm currently on 20,000 produce points and I can't imagine going all the way up to 800,000... :S . I'd much prefer a reduction of the costs otherwise we might see this die out :/

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

I bet #1 RCer was hoping for Feenik Sodin to be holder of the RC cape.

A fine tribute, and while everything else was decent - good this update, I really appreciate that they paid tribute to Larryr, especially after the story behind her time playing.

<3 the new trees.

Regular, Oak, Willow, and Yew pictured.

miscnewtrees.png

miscnewtrees2.png

bobross.jpg

Now, let's add some happy little trees...

Everybody needs a friend. Even a tree...

Looks like an interesting graphical update. I'm not really interested in the Livid Farm itself -- only the spells it rewards, but I'm not yet willing to put in the time to achieve 60 Farming to begin nor put aside 40 hours to get the spells.

Looks like unlimited Home Teleport is now permanent, last week the text in the spell-book hadn't changed, now it has. It doesn't state that there's a 30-minute timer any longer. Too lazy to read the patch notes, anyway.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

A fine tribute, and while everything else was decent - good this update, I really appreciate that they paid tribute to Larryr, especially after the story behind her time playing.

Am I blind? I really want to see what you're talking about.

EDIT: Is the new character a tribute to Larryr? I also want to know more about her time playing.

EDIT: Is the new character a tribute to Larryr? I also want to know more about her time playing.

Post by Ixindor on this page, somewhat in the middle http://forum.tip.it/...s/page__st__540

I wish Jagex would release some purely cosmetic trees that are huge, all trees in the game at the moment are tiny in comparison to what they should be. Yew trees are enormous, but on RS your character is half the size of one. I love the graphical update, but would love to see some things sized up a chunk :(

GuidesForScapers.png

Legalize baby punching. Tax and regulate it. Punch babies erry day.

Post by Ixindor on this page, somewhat in the middle http://forum.tip.it/...s/page__st__540

Just did a quick Wiki search. That's awesome that they did that. Far more deserving than Phoenix IMO.

Just did a quick Wiki search. That's awesome that they did that. Far more deserving than Phoenix IMO.

I disagree. Phoenix was the first to 200m, and he did it during the trade limit. Larryr quit, and I don't support quitters.

Also, pheonix has about 5/4ths more exp than Larryr.

crossed_body.png

Do you think that maybe they updated the spirit tree too? It is with in the area. I cannot wait for them to update all the tree, esp. Magic. This could also open up seasons, imagine at the thanksgiving event, a Lumbridge full of greens,yellows,oranges,and reds. So much they could do. Good graphics updates are always welcome in my book!

They didn't sadly. :(

98920997.png

I think the size of the new trees is what it should be also. They aren't ginormous, but like fairly average trees. When they update evergreens (north of Falador), those might possibly be made quite large. Up to Jagex really.

I don't like the livid farm much. It's like MA but you can't afk it as much <_<. Loving the trees though.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

So the limit on the number of people in a 3x3 box that can get veng'd is 50. Proof via RSOF Jmod post.

50veng.png

All I have to say is i hope they DO NOT lower the cost, something that can be very powerful should take time to acquirer.

Also, the RSOF thread is fun to read, lot of whiners who think the one spell that blocks 1 hit and has a 30 second cool down, is gonna make a giant impact in the Pking Community.

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M