04-Apr-2011- Livid Farm

Michael

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet #1 RCer was hoping for Feenik Sodin to be holder of the RC cape.

A fine tribute, and while everything else was decent - good this update, I really appreciate that they paid tribute to Larryr, especially after the story behind her time playing.

What did they doe? I don't have access to the update.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

A fine tribute, and while everything else was decent - good this update, I really appreciate that they paid tribute to Larryr, especially after the story behind her time playing.

What did they do and what was this story about the playing time? I don't have access to the update.

They did this

Ohai Larryr Larriar

screenshot20110404um200.png

Also read this, gives you some insight

Post by Ixindor on this page, somewhat in the middle http://forum.tip.it/...s/page__st__540

jpegsigtest.jpg

What did they do and what was this story about the playing time? I don't have access to the update.

If you mean what did jagex do, they replaced the guy who gave you the RC cape at 99 rc (Aubury?) with a new NPC named Larriar, AKA Larryr, the top RC'er for years and years and years

leatherw.png

So now they're copying minecraft.

[insert trollface here]

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

leatherw.png

So now they're copying minecraft.

[insert trollface here]

Minecraft stole pickaxes from Runescape, so now it's even.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Going to be interesting how much of an impact the tan hide spell has on the semi decent non xp profit of tanning hides. (200k/hr) Which has 0 level req and is done by newer players.

Also like the idea of farming xp outside of waiting for it.

7/10

Winarr.png

Rate at which you collect points is absolutely ridiculous...I get it has to be exclusive, but this is like the first week dung came out...I could get 99 mage again in the time it would take to unlock these spells.

ghostsnshade.png

new shades and ghosties

Those aren't new, those are what mine have looked like for months

Kinda late now, but I just started reading this thread. :P

They're more transparent ;) so is the poltergeist and they're darker

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

"Larriar" is possibly the greatest update I've ever seen tongue.gif

It probably would have been named after Phoenix, but considering he's still active (I think?) it would be kind of strange to do so.

20-30hours of non-afk gameplay for each reward, does not seems very efficient to me unless someone has proven the spell is game breaking/broken :mellow: .

Banked prayer urns no longer prevent ashes from dropping.

Just did a quick Wiki search. That's awesome that they did that. Far more deserving than Phoenix IMO.

I disagree. Phoenix was the first to 200m, and he did it during the trade limit. Larryr quit, and I don't support quitters.

Also, pheonix has about 5/4ths more exp than Larryr.

Phoenix Odin had access to the same exp rate or better than Larryr did and had multiple updates to make runecrafting at a steady rate easier. Larryr achieved the rates through capitalizing on being 91 runecrafting in the earliest days when nature running was very profitable. Rune running was basically brought to the forefront of everyone's mind at this time and it was built from the bottom up.

I think both are amazing accomplishments, but considering how long Larryr stayed atop the highscores, far above everyone else, and how much more standardized runecrafting is today (straight grinding vs putting long hours into maintaining a company), I think Jagex made the right choice.

Besides, we're all going to quit this game voluntarily or involuntarily some day.

@Livid farm: FML I have to play another failed D&D for taskmaster back?

2496 Completionist

Do you have to spend all your points getting the other spells before you can obtain Disruption Shield? If yes, is it the same rule for getting Group Vengeance?

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Do you have to spend all your points getting the other spells before you can obtain Disruption Shield? If yes, is it the same rule for getting Group Vengeance?

From what I understand, you don't lose your points as your purchase the spells. However, once you purchase Vengeance Group, that's when they deduct the points.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I'm surprised no one mentioned the fingers!!

Fingers where? :blink:

The fingers I'm going to give Jagex for adding another task to the task list.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the fingers!!

Fingers where? :blink:

The fingers I'm going to give Jagex for adding another task to the task list.

^ Lmfao...

The ones on the two Clan Camp representatives!

2dgucz6.png