04-Apr-2011- Livid Farm

Michael

Just curious if the Ardy spell is any closer (even a few seconds or ticks faster) to the farming patch than the fishing/ranging guild teleport? That way I know if I should just stop after getting the 2nd spell.

Form what I've heard fally and ardy spells both land u simialr distance as cathurby one (aka right on top of it)

Of course fally is largely useless as by the time u get it odds r u got cabbage-port (item>runes for teleing when distance is about equal)

But yeah ardy by the sounds of things shuld be useful to those who lacke elite ardy cape.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely the best and cheapest way to train farming now.

The cheapest way to train farming is herbs...because it makes money :rolleyes:

Although being able to get a constant Xp/hr farming rate is interesting (even though it is low)

Disruption Shield looks game breaking awesome

It's an anti-rush at best. It doesn't work on NPCs, so it's only good in Pvp situations, and the 30 second cool down makes it anything but gamebreaking.

Who knows spiritualise food may even make combat familiars useful. (Doubtful... but hey at least they are trying.)

Combat familiars are already useful. Although I am interested to see the spells effect on them, if it makes them significantly stronger.

I hope they don't give in and nerf the points for the pker crybabies that need everything handed to them.

I actually agree, since buying the spells doesn't consume points, I see nothing wrong with spending the time to go for the last spell...as well as unlock ALL the other ones with it. If they lower the points, they'd make buying the spell consume points.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

I did MA and I'll do this, I guess... Eventually anyway. I enjoy the thought of Disruption, even if it won't be incredibly useful. I'll mostly be doing this for blue Vengeance though.

I also need everything but the Magic XP, so that'll be good over a while... I've honestly no idea how to power-farm lol.

2dgucz6.png

Just curious if the Ardy spell is any closer (even a few seconds or ticks faster) to the farming patch than the fishing/ranging guild teleport? That way I know if I should just stop after getting the 2nd spell.

The spell is actually farther away from the farming spots then the Fishing guild teleport.

It teles you to the gate just north west of the north ardougne bank. Kinda sad.

And the south Falador tele is also useless.

Waste of programming tbh.

The spell is actually farther away from the farming spots then the Fishing guild teleport.

It teles you to the gate just north west of the north ardougne bank. Kinda sad.

And the south Falador tele is also useless.

Waste of programming tbh.

Ah that's a shame, was hoping for an alternative that would be closer. Fix this jagex :(

I_Am_Farming.png

it'd be more of a waste if they made a teleport that's the same distance..

There's already two alternatives, one's free (unless you count buying the necklace), and the other is high leveld, but better. Why add another?

Maybe this teleport location could be used for something else?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Does no one find 43 hours absolutely ridiculous? That's like half my total in game time, idk how many times the time to get a chaotic...if they changed the amount of tokens for dung rewards they are definitely going to have to change this.

I don't think it's so bad considering the power of those spells (mainly disruption shield). I'd rather not have everyone running around negating my special attacks and casting veng on 50 people at a time.

I don't exactly see why people keep saying it's going to be game breaking, disruption shield be very useful in pvp (veng group seems useless...i'd be barraging in a multi zone) and will rock edge pking but no more than say dung or korasi did. 43 hours is probably more than a lot pkers (mainly pures) have even spent in game. No other game breaking update ever took 43 hours to achieve something usefull, and this is like 5x the time to go from 1-80 dung.

There's normal good exclusive, like the time to get 99 in a skill, get 80 dung, stuff normal for an rpg ect...and then there's this. Even if it was lowered to like 10 or 20 hours to get those spells there still would be a very small minority that would use them.

I kind of like the fact it takes awhile to get it. Jagex has made everything waaaay to easy. It's time to put something in-game that kids can't get after school before bed-time.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

I kind of like the fact it takes awhile to get it. Jagex has made everything waaaay to easy. It's time to put something in-game that kids can't get after school before bed-time.

kids totally have more free time tbh

Naaxi.png

I'd rather spend 50 hours doing something more fun/exciting. It's not like the activity changes at all... it's the same thing starting from square one.

Yeah, didn't Jagex say that they were trying to reduce the amount of grind in Runescape? This update isn't exactly supportive of that...

a70c7.png

It gets even worse once you realize the minigame isn't actually randomized at all - it follows a set pattern.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

finally got the first spell unlocked. Anyone think they'll cave and drop the points?

I really, really hope they do....

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Guest TrixStar

Maybe I haven't noticed but i see no negative affect on saying something wrong to Pauline. Whats the point of putting them there if there's no penalty?

EDIT: it also seems to me that this would be very easy to bot :\

This reminds me a lot of Temple Trekking/Burg De Rott Ramble. Great concept...iffy implementation. That said I still like the idea of getting some of those spells, they're magnificent. It's just going to be a long...loooong road to it though.

hzvjpwS.gif

Maybe I haven't noticed but i see no negative affect on saying something wrong to Pauline. Whats the point of putting them there if there's no penalty?

EDIT: it also seems to me that this would be very easy to bot :\

negative phrase means she doesn't get energised and u dont get xp or points

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

if they changed the amount of tokens for dung rewards they are definitely going to have to change this.

They didn't though, and I don't see them doing it for this either.

The spells require time/work to get. You either deal with it and get them or call it a waste of time and go do something else.

God forbid Jagex add something that takes time to get.

40 hours is a reasonable life span for this activity, considering that once you unlock all the spells there's no point in ever playing it again (no one's going to to play just for wishes).

If you want the spells you'll play it. If you want them but don't value it as much as 40 hours, you won't. There's nothing wrong with this equation and Jagex should not nerf the time required.

Tact.gif

if they changed the amount of tokens for dung rewards they are definitely going to have to change this.

The spells require time/work to get. You either deal with it and get them or call it a waste of time and go do something else.

God forbid Jagex add something that takes time to get.

What? They did reduce the cost of all dungeoneering rewards.

Or do you not remember bonecrushers at 110k and chaotics at 400k?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

What? They did reduce the cost of all dungeoneering rewards.

Or do you not remember bonecrushers at 110k and chaotics at 400k?

Yep, I remember that. However, they said the next day(s) that they never intended them to be that much compared to the token ratio that was added with Dungeoneering. They simply forgot to change the prices after changing the rate one would receive tokens. If I remember correct, they said it in the FAQ post about the update.

Jagex addressed the points issue already in the FAQ post and said the current time required to get the stuff was what they wanted it to be, which is why I don't think they will be changing it.

What bothers me the most, is that it takes 30-40 hours, or so I have heard. Which is even longer than getting berserker ring (i) which takes about 25 hours? And even then you do not need to pay as much attention, and you can actually play for fun too.

It is also a set pattern, it is not random. And it requires a lot of attention if you want to do it quickly. You might get 5-10 seconds to rest before a new cycle comes around.

The magic experience might be decent though. And the farming experience might be the fastest you will get per hour. (Though, I think most agree they would much rather use 5-10 minutes to plant 11 (fruit) trees and get 150k+ exp, than doing this for 1 hour and get 40k experience. Or, herb farming, and gain 6-7k experience, and 250k a run, which takes 5 minutes)

Not sure if the construction and agility experience is worth mentioning.

And also, this might be worth mentioning: You are paying 15m to get all the spells. If you can buy astrals at 134 GP each. (So yes, it might even be upwards to 20m with the current astral prices)

15m, for 8 spells, 2m farming experience, 240k agility experience, 250k construction exp, 500k crafting experience, and also 2m magic experience. Also this all takes 40 hours.

You could, however, get all of this experience in about 25 hours. Costing you 20m for the farming experience, 14m for the magic experience, 2m for crafting, 3m for the construction experience. That Togheter is only 39m or rounded up to 40m. And that leaves you 15 hours to earn 25m to make it the same, which would be 1.6m an hour. Of course, this is only if you can get the astrals etc. really cheap.

I really wish they could just reduce the points needed, just by a little. 20 hours would still be a grind, but at least that's 20 hours less than 40 hours.

Also note: Experience rates are not very accurate. It is all a very rough estimate, and the numbers might be up to 20% off.

Give a man a lighter, and he will be warm for a while.

Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.