04-Apr-2011- Livid Farm

Michael

disruption shield doesn't work on NPC's

Would have loved to use this spell for keying.

but i don't use lunar magicks outside of daemonheim.

don't plan to do learn any of these spells unless i max total or something.

info on xp rates would be awesome though.

Naaxi.png

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised no one mentioned the fingers!!

Fingers where? :blink:

The fingers I'm going to give Jagex for adding another task to the task list.

^ Lmfao...

The ones on the two Clan Camp representatives!

Didn't even notice they had fingers. Very nice. |^_^|

Do you have to spend all your points getting the other spells before you can obtain Disruption Shield? If yes, is it the same rule for getting Group Vengeance?

From what I understand, you don't lose your points as your purchase the spells. However, once you purchase Vengeance Group, that's when they deduct the points.

Nice. Sensible to do so considering the costs are absurdly high.

@TrixStar: I would hope so, at least by half like what they did with Dungeoneering tokens. Actually, I'm willing to wager that the reduction if any will be pretty substantial. In the area of seventy percent maybe? So then Veng Group would only be worth about 270K points. Takes sometime to grind, but no so much that you're on the edge of killing yourself by no-lifing alone (assuming you're not driven insane and off yourself with a knife).

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

Do you have to spend all your points getting the other spells before you can obtain Disruption Shield? If yes, is it the same rule for getting Group Vengeance?

From what I understand, you don't lose your points as your purchase the spells. However, once you purchase Vengeance Group, that's when they deduct the points.

Nice. Sensible to do so considering the costs are absurdly high.

@TrixStar: I would hope so, at least by half like what they did with Dungeoneering tokens. Actually, I'm willing to wager that the reduction if any will be pretty substantial. In the area of seventy percent maybe? So then Veng Group would only be worth about 270K points. Takes sometime to grind, but no so much that you're on the edge of killing yourself by no-lifing alone (assuming you're not driven insane and off yourself with a knife).

What about MA? They didn't change that

It's good as it is

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

Just did a quick Wiki search. That's awesome that they did that. Far more deserving than Phoenix IMO.

I disagree. Phoenix was the first to 200m, and he did it during the trade limit. Larryr quit, and I don't support quitters.

Also, pheonix has about 5/4ths more exp than Larryr.

How much XP Phoenix has over her is irrelevant - she made a huge impact... He didn't. Retaining #1 spot for as many years as she did deserves recognition.

But if we think about it for a moment... Has this had an effect on botters? Seeing as their normal right-click option would have been Aubury, will it halt their activities until they get updated?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Gahhhh I can't find any youtube vids of people using any of the new lunar spells :-(

Anyways, I have about 50k points now. Will get 800k+ one day o_O if I don't lose my sanity by then

2vuhgcn.png

Anyone got a rough current cost per hour for this?

Assuming you're using a mud staff and you cast every spell you can, you'll use:

1160 astrals/hr

80 laws/hr

520 nats/hr

At current ge prices, that's 240k gp/hr. But I know astrals have selling for way higher, and probably the other runes as well.

A rough estimate with astrals = 200gp, nats = 175gp, and laws = 300gp is 347k/hr. YMMV

Ernie_Loco.png

1160 astrals/hr

80 laws/hr

520 nats/hr

At current ge prices, that's 240k gp/hr. But I know astrals have selling for way higher, and probably the other runes as well.

A rough estimate with astrals = 200gp, nats = 175gp, and laws = 300gp is 347k/hr. YMMV

Well, based on those estimates and some of the math others have done, it will cost about 37 hours to get Venge Group, so 12.8m gp. That's not even counting opportunity cost for the time you waste doing this, just the amount of GP you spend. Not [bleep]ing worth it.

td2sig.jpg

1160 astrals/hr

80 laws/hr

520 nats/hr

Well, based on those estimates and some of the math others have done, it will cost about 37 hours to get Venge Group, so 12.8m gp. That's not even counting opportunity cost for the time you waste doing this, just the amount of GP you spend. Not [bleep]ing worth it.

Hmmm - I am trying to justify if I'd use the Lunar Spellbook enough to spend 13M on improving it ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Eh based on common training methods & the XP gained per hour from earlier in the thread.

Cost of XP in the skills is around 550k + 6minutes for agility. So if cost is 250k an hr your training the skills for half price. Obviously this is debateable as you can choose to spend LESS training skills & this figure is only valid if you value ALL skills trained here & the xp you get.

Basically it's not viable as a training method in any way - you HAVE to be doing this for the spells, even so the amount of hours it takes really doens't seem plausible at all. The only people that will do this are completionists.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Nice update and a godsend to farming.

Got me playing rs again.

Definitely the best and cheapest way to train farming now.

Disruption Shield looks game breaking awesome.

Who knows spiritualise food may even make combat familiars useful. (Doubtful... but hey at least they are trying.)

I hope they don't give in and nerf the points for the pker crybabies that need everything handed to them.

Looking forward to this vampire and werewolve hunting stuff next. :thumbup:

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Nice update and a godsend to farming.

Got me playing rs again.

Definitely the best and cheapest way to train farming now.

Disruption Shield looks game breaking awesome.

Who knows spiritualise food may even make combat familiars useful. (Doubtful... but hey at least they are trying.)

I hope they don't give in and nerf the points for the pker crybabies that need everything handed to them.

Looking forward to this vampire and werewolve hunting stuff next. :thumbup:

Never fails to make me laugh :-)

Eh based on common training methods & the XP gained per hour from earlier in the thread.

Cost of XP in the skills is around 550k + 6minutes for agility. So if cost is 250k an hr your training the skills for half price. Obviously this is debateable as you can choose to spend LESS training skills & this figure is only valid if you value ALL skills trained here & the xp you get.

Basically it's not viable as a training method in any way - you HAVE to be doing this for the spells, even so the amount of hours it takes really doens't seem plausible at all. The only people that will do this are completionists.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

You forget that this update actually changes alot about farming- previously uncampable skill became as normal as any skill, and if you combine this activity with watermelon/torstol/magic tree/palm/calquat farming the skill could very well be over 100k an hour purely farming(depending on how much you far per day, higher rates the less you do this activity). Also, 13m as the cost is actually quite low, you can even skip the last spell(which could very well be useless) and use the points to get some money back.

Oh, and double ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff at golv coming back.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

you can even skip the last spell(which could very well be useless) and use the points to get some money back.

Nope, you have to unlock all the spells to get wishes :(

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.