04-Apr-2011- Livid Farm

Michael

Just got the Disruption shield spell and here is some information.

The knowledge base is wrong, it's recast time is one minute, not 30 seconds.

It can completely block special attacks from Korasi's sword, making it useful to prevent rushers or whatever.

It blocks damage from Ice spells but will not prevent you from being frozen.

If you cast it, you will not be able to recast it until the effect is gone. So you will have to go and get damaged by a player to cast it again.

The effect goes away even if you are hit by a 0/shield splat.

I will be getting the Vengance group spell tomorrow.

Does it block all the damage from a claws spec or only the first hit?

Does it block veng/ring of recoil damage done to you?

I was never hit by a dragon claw special attack but I assume that the first hit is removed and the rest of the spec follows the usual pattern of damage.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people really walk around with lunar spells on?

Except if your pking or Zmi'ing.

A lot of people who have any sense.

After you have unlocked teletabs and have house portals setup lunar is by far the most useful day to day book.

If you wish to use mage to fight it isn't good.

It also isn't good if you need to alch or superheat.

But with lunar spell book you have direct access to every transport option going, other than a few wildy spots ancients hit (but spellbook swap covers them if you reallllllly want), and you have a a whole host of spells useful to an assortment of skills, especially farming, rc, herblore and crafting.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I have lunars on 90% of the time, I only change for quests. Every teleport is covered with an alternative, if I need the occasional high-alch I use the explorers ring.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

I've had lunars on 90% of the time since teletabs, only changed for quests. Every teleport is covered with an alternative, if I need the occasional high-alch I use the explorers ring.

Yeah I've been on lunars most of the time since I got 96 mage for spellbook swap over a year ago. Teletabs are great.

Hameigh.png

way to ignore the familiar food one, rc pouch repair, and group veng :thumbup:

Familiar food is what, a 5% boost to their damage? And it can only be used 1 time per familiar. If it lasts for the entire, then that's better, but it still sucks.

Rc pouch repair is garbage since you could repair already before. Just because it lasts 5x longer doesn't make it useful at all. By the time you unlock the spell you could have gained like 20 hours of runecrafting experience.

Group venge just isn't that useful no matter what way it works. If it splashes people near you, it's not really good for anything. If it gives vengeance to other people around you, then it sucks as well. You're all assuming that everyone else in runescape will have this spell and then you can cast the spell 1 after another to have constant venge. If points stay this high then you can definately count 95% of players not to have the spell.

I've had it on non-stop the past 3 months except:

- During Do No Evil when I was forced to use ancients.

- During Puro-puro impling hunting

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

Ok, I just unlocked the last spell, Vengeance Group and there are some things.

It is Vengeance effect to everyone around you, the kb is wrong.

It affects a bigger area then the tele group spells. Like 5x5.

... and basically - it's only useful in PvP circumstances, such as Castle Wars, Clan Wars or Soul Wars? :unsure:

nyuseg.png

Assuming it only works in multicombat (which it should) it will have permanent competition from ancient magics. Yay.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

It actually works in single combat areas too, it's fun to run around in low edge, casting it in large groups :D

It's kinda funny, Vengeance Other only works in multi-combat areas, but Vengeance Group works in single.

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch, but you'll never know.

A lot of people. :thumbup:

I'm always on lunars, except for:

- Do no evil quest

- Dagannoth Kings

- Ice Strykewyrms

It's great for farming and allows all ancient, lunar, and normal teleports.

I got some nice news.

Disruption shield completely nullifies multi hit specials like Dragon claws and Dds!

This is epic.

Only if you pk a lot...

For non-pkers this update was (dare I say it: once again) useless..

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I got some nice news.

Disruption shield completely nullifies multi hit specials like Dragon claws and Dds!

This is epic.

Only if you pk a lot...

pkers need updates once in a while too, this is really good for protecting from rushers :rolleyes:

dumb.png

archsupportei2.png

way to ignore the familiar food one, rc pouch repair, and group veng :thumbup:

you could repair pouches with lunar magicks b4 this update technically :P

Yes, but this one is faster to use (I'd assume), and makes your pouches last longer.

Saying it's useless because of Contact npc is like saying Ardy cape 4 is useless because of Skills neck fishing guild tele (for the farming run part of it)

... and basically - it's only useful in PvP circumstances, such as Castle Wars, Clan Wars or Soul Wars? :unsure:

false. This spell IS on the demonhiem spell book, I can see it being situationally good there.

While it's definitely geared more towards pvp, the other 2 vengeance spells were....so why wouldn't this one?

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

i just wana go around group venging people and watch the chaos :)

but on a more sane note, where can VG be used well?

cant nex it, if you got 50 people corp dies too fast to matter (maybe), same with godwars. castle wars would probably be some fun carnage, but not usefull really.

somewhere where you require a team and non lunar mage... oh that gives us a lot of options >.>

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Group vengeance would slaughter multi-target spell casters. Blood Barrage and soul split only heal around half damage dealt, and vengeance rebounds 75% of damage dealt.

300k produce points from group venge....can't wait.

Edit: And to the above, the only time I'm not on lunar is when I go to FoG (although with disrupt shield I might change my mind). Aside from that, tabs (even for trollheim), spellbook swap, and jewelry teleports ensure there's not much need for regular magic. I don't even use high alchemy on slayer tasks anymore since I use pack yak a lot.

Familiar food is what, a 5% boost to their damage? And it can only be used 1 time per familiar. If it lasts for the entire, then that's better, but it still sucks.

It also heals your familiar, which comes in handy for lower level summoners who have to use a tortoise.

Rc pouch repair is garbage since you could repair already before. Just because it lasts 5x longer doesn't make it useful at all. By the time you unlock the spell you could have gained like 20 hours of runecrafting experience.

You'd be surprised how much time you spent when using the npc contact spell. The giant pouch degrades every ~10 trips, and the 5x boost ends up saving you a lot of time.

Plus, you can get the spell in much, much less than the 20h you imply.

Group venge just isn't that useful no matter what way it works. If it splashes people near you, it's not really good for anything. If it gives vengeance to other people around you, then it sucks as well. You're all assuming that everyone else in runescape will have this spell and then you can cast the spell 1 after another to have constant venge. If points stay this high then you can definately count 95% of players not to have the spell.

Group venge is usefull for:

Dungeoneering.

Multiplayer PvP activities.

Of course, it depends on whether you like doing those activities or not, but I'm going to find it very useful in castle wars, soul wars or clanwars.

Maybe even get a little creative and use it on corp teams.

crossed_body.png

I got some nice news.

This is epic.

Only if you pk a lot...

At least you dont have to spend those extra 10 hours to go from spiritual food to unlock the "useless" shield.

I suppose this spell is useful for non-pkers in wild, but thats too much effort to unlock it. Kinda cruel that jagex force all those pkers out there to do a repetitive 44 hours non-afk, non-spam clickable activity in order to become viable again.

Does anyone else expect this activity to be modified with the next update?

I do, or atleast I'm hoping it is. That's why I haven't done it for more than the one hour or so that I tested it out on the day it came out. I saw how slow points were and how boring it was, and decided it wasn't for me, atleast not until they increase points/hour or something. (Yes, I'm lazy.)

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Sorry for being an [wagon] to everyone else, but the only thing I want them will tweak (if they even touch it) is the farming xp/h there.

Then I can smile at others that said that they will lower the points required and say that I wasted my time.