April 11th, 2011

Ren

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The servers are most likely run on linux, I think the game is developed on windows though (because most developers know windows better then mac). At least they test it on mac.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The servers are most likely run on linux, I think the game is developed on windows though (because most developers know windows better then mac). At least they test it on mac.

Servers are Linux, and their PCs are using Windows Vista (probably Windows 7 now) I believe. I saw a picture of the Jagex offices a while back and it showed a developer's PC.

td2sig.jpg

Swedishboy: The hitchhiker's guide to galaxy.

Oh lol i thought i was a picture of Jagexs custom support workers. :unsure:

Here's your Customer Support:

[hide]vogons3.jpg?t=1302540845[/hide]

Laughed so hard. :mrgreen:

And for Dire, may I present Jagex's new and highly antipated bot detection system.

vogons2.jpg

She's ready, willing, and able to stamp the "banned" forms in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters

Roflmao! What are those creatures?

limdog.png

another facebook update

Hello again guys!! Were having issues with our core hosting providers they are looking into it but we still have no timeframe. We really appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this. :) ~Zach

lol@jagex

Do they run everything off 1 server or something? No wonder RS runs like poop

SOS_100x100.png

Help drive change Canada

Are we done filling this topic with inane pictures?

Nope.

[spoiler=Large Image]

don__t_panic.jpg

It seems rather appropriate.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

And for Dire, may I present Jagex's new and highly antipated bot detection system.

vogons2.jpg

She's ready, willing, and able to stamp the "banned" forms in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters

Best quote-chain in this forums I have ever seen. Honestly.

Mod Emilee here busy answering questions on the forums:

[hide]clerk.jpg?t=1302542018[/hide]

You'd better wise-up before she starts reading you some of her poetry ... :unsure:

nyuseg.png

vogons2.jpg

Roflmao! What are those creatures?

Vogons.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

another facebook update

Hello again guys!! Were having issues with our core hosting providers they are looking into it but we still have no timeframe. We really appreciate your patience while we work to resolve this. :) ~Zach

lol@jagex

Do they run everything off 1 server or something? No wonder RS runs like poop

With them using the word core I would say no they don't.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Servers are Linux, and their PCs are using Windows Vista (probably Windows 7 now) I believe. I saw a picture of the Jagex offices a while back and it showed a developer's PC.

No matter what OS the servers or dev pc's run - the game is coded in (a variant of) java, so it should be compatible with Linux distros, windows and mac.

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

im still logged in game and playing fine but i read this from rs forum that could possibly help?

Search on google "runescape select a world"

Choose the 2nd result or whichever result says "The No..."

Click that and choose a world with players online.

Wait for it to load and you can login however you will not have access to the lobby.

I think that's more than enough H2G2 pics. The Vogons are a bureaucratic race much akin to red-tape government not tech support of any kind. I dont get the joke

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I think that's more than enough H2G2 pics. The Vogons are a bureaucratic race much akin to red-tape government not tech support of any kind. I dont get the joke

That's the joke. Jagex has become so bogged down, bureaucratic, has so many different teams, etc. that their product is suffering.

True dat -- Jagex is more like the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation ... <_<

nyuseg.png

im still logged in game and playing fine but i read this from rs forum that could possibly help?

Search on google "runescape select a world"

Choose the 2nd result or whichever result says "The No..."

Click that and choose a world with players online.

Wait for it to load and you can login however you will not have access to the lobby.

That sounds dangerous. I'm not going to fall for some hacksite ;)

553VriC.png?1