Infinite Gold Glitch

Logdotzip

Someone completely unaware of this wouldn't accept 2b for a 1,3b (?) item so quickly. They'd think he accidently offered All instead of X.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fake. I've known Svew before and he really is only capable of client-side things. He's done them before, they're in his other videos. He can't change anything within the game itself, only change what he can see visually.

And using this as an excuse to to bash Jagex? Laughable. What will you come up with next, Batman?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

This has to be a fake, why would anyone who knew about a bug like this release a video. You could fund your entire college career off this, check out how much IRL cash people will throw around on a phat these days.

Why would you destroy a magic box that spits out dollar bills?

And to show a video of the entire exploite? Couldn't make it easier on the developers.

Fake!

Fools_Taco.png

Jagex's word on this matter is extremely suspect, especially since none of their actual programmers will be there at this time of day.

However, as a programmer with at least general knowledge of Java and two's complement math, I'm even more skeptical of this video.

It's true that if you could manage to get -2 coins, this could potentially produce very bizarre results unless Jagex had pre-emptively coded an awful lot of extra checks. However, supposing for the sake of argument that you could manage to get -2 coins, the most cash you should be able to generate is a single pile of max cash. If the video showed his pile of -2 coins becoming negative max cash, and he then had to get rid of it and re-get -2 coins to produce more, I'd be far more inclined to believe this video. But there's no logical reason why withdrawing 2B from -2 should leave -2 in his bank according to the way Runescape handles numbers -- it should leave -2,000,000,002 in his bank.

Edit: Here's another good reason to suspect this video of being fake. His video shows 1318 banked Santa Hats, considerably more than even Chessy had. The GE buy limit on santas is 2/4 hours. So it would take 109+ days (3.5+ months) to purchase that many through the GE, and previous comments indicate this guy's said that he discovered the "glitch" ~2 weeks ago. Could he have bought all of the rares through player-to-player trade? Yes, he could have, but it would be no easy task to find 1318 santa hats for sale in such a short amount of time. Such a vast increase in demand should have caused santa prices to go through the roof.

I'm assuming here that the guy's at least smart enough to use a disposable account to show off this "glitch". If he had somehow accumulated wealth greater than Chessy's prior to discovering the bug, and he was smart enough to discover a bug of that magnitude, there's no way he'd show off the bug on his main account which he hardcore merched with for years. That would be monstrously dumb.

TLDR: Negative cash should behave very differently if it were possible to get, and also he has far too many santa hats to have bought in the ~2 weeks this "glitch" has supposedly been in-use for.

Edit 2: Just checked at world 2, and santa prices seem fairly normal. I'll admit, when I first saw this I was worried, but the more I think it through the more I'm convinced it can't be real.

The santas part is probably the best evidence so far for it being fakes, as well as the other part, and what sees_all is saying about it being easily faked, then recorded to make it look real.

100% fake.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

svew is known for client editing lol all the stuff lin his ' big glitching vid' such as inf prayer and multiple lent items was done with cheat engine(client side)

tl:dr Fake, i didn't even have to watch it.

beat me to it

guy himself isn't legit in anything he posts on youtube and I doubt this is an exception.

he's got all you going pretty well though so props :rolleyes:

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

Just woke up and the first thing I did was come back to check on this topic from my ipod before turning on my PC. I am glad to see its a fake and good job to Jagex for pointing it out so quickly.

Now I can enjoy my day grab a cup of coffee and some breakfast and enjoy the easter update.

--TearGod.

xxteargodxx.png

When buffer overflow was mentioned, I was highly skeptical. It's not possible to cause a buffer overflow through normal operation of the machine, but it may be possible through some tinkering with the underlying JVM. No guarantees, though.

Also, I have to stop and consider the source. This player has had a reputation of trying to make Jagex look bad. Why should I believe anything that he's spouting off now? :|

Third, I would presume that any stackable entity in-game would be enforced to be positive (so 231-1 max for any stack, of course). Making it register negative with both the client and the server sounds like a feat that's too good to be true.

Correction, the player in question doesn't have a reputation of trying to make Jagex look bad, he has a reputation of making Jagex look bad.

Second, I know you're one of the players who always adamantly defends Jagex regardless of the situation (you've proven that before), so I figure even if it was 100% not fake, you would doubt it, elsewise your precious rank might be in jeopardy.

But it is true, I don't know if this is real or not, I don't claim to know jack about java. Still, whatever svew was trying to do with this video, reaction wise, or gameplay-affecting wise, it worked.

Ah, don't you just love to bring that old fact up. rolleyes.gif Get with the times. I left MMG's clan chat 4 months ago. But that's neither here nor there; you just seem to love throwing that in my face every time I try to make a constructive point. Get. Over. It.

Anyway.

I'm not doubting it because I'm siding with Jagex. I'm doubting it because my instincts as both a Java programmer and Computer Science tutor are telling me otherwise. Not just that, but I can't trust anything that this person says due to his shady past.

From what you're describing the attack sounds like it's coming in from the network side. So it's tangentially related to the JVM (Socket), and is running Java at this point - which is still a bounded language. So this makes the claim of a buffer overflow even less credible.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

This is Fake

The guy has a lot of cash from abusing staking glitches. He used cheat engine to create the negative value, CLIENT SIDE.

Whilst I appreciate this thread is about debunking the glitch in question, I'm afraid that we generally don't allow any threads discussing this sort of topic.

For those who are aware of the video the OP is referring to, I am very confident it is fake (though it has been sent on for investigation just in-case).

~ MMH ~

w4M8t.png

So all we know for certain is that several mods believe this video to be faked, but are still investigating its legitimacy?

So no we dont know thats its fake.

No we dont know that it's real.

My personal opinion is that it could easily be real, and with effort faked.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

Someone completely unaware of this wouldn't accept 2b for a 1,3b (?) item so quickly. They'd think he accidently offered All instead of X.

Why not? Who wouldn't accept more money for something worth less?

The only reliability this video has is who was it uploaded by, and the guy happens to be one of the biggest RS bug abusers, note how he records the actual screen, thereby making this extremely difficult to be fake.

If it's real, and it's entirely possible it is (Has to do with overflow Buff in java), what do you think the repercussions will be?

What stops him from recording a video without compression, editing it, and rendering an uncompressed AVI of the edit? Then he/she can just record it with a camera while the edited vid plays fullscreen. There's no real difficulty in that :P

Also, if it was a real buffer overflow, wouldn't it become −2,147,483,648? That's 1 gp higher than 2,147,483,647, the max pile limit. -2 gp through overflow could only occur from somehow combining two full max cash piles. Maybe that's what they were getting at by using -2? But then, if RS even let you withdraw from a negative pile, it wouldn't magically stay -2. It would let them keep withdrawing until it hit −2,147,483,648, at which point it would wrap back to 2,147,483,647. So no money would have been created, and storing 2gp or more would destroy their 4b :P

At any rate, it's been proven fake so these points are moot. But can I see where it was confirmed fake (besides Jagex mods' claims)? At any rate, if it were real, then the effect on the economy could be neutralized...

infinitephatsflat.png

:rolleyes:

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

What makes me think that in the video, he examined the money in his band and it said "x coins". I don't think buffer overflow is the right term for what he did in the programming, such as forcing a null value for the total GP in his bank.

Forcing a null wouldn't be THAT hard to do, especially with how the game engine has so many different angles it can be attacked from.

What I think could cause this serverside is that I'd imagine that someone's bank has every single possible item stored in it, but with a <null> value if you have zero of that item. Or even barring that, he withdraws more than is in his bank, forces a <null> value, but manages to interrupt (<break> or throw exception) the error checking portion of the code that would go and remove that <null> value from the bank.

Anything as simple as withdrawing more than your max cash (as in more than is in your bank) and then being forced away from your bank (I have no idea how to actually do this, I'm just conjecturing based off of what I've read about glitches historically) could trip this, or going through more complex means of doing this has potential for abuse.

Also I have literally ZERO faith in jamflex bugtesting, especially after the big ROW bug and countless other exploits based off of the MAIN PURPOSE FOR THE UPDATE. So it's really not that difficult to believe that someone has gone through a bunch of backdoors to force this.

plzstayokrf4.png

sodb4jz.jpg

Sodb Forum

siggiedxc2.png

Stop thinking. It's Runescape.

Why not? Who wouldn't accept more money for something worth less?

Because anyone with a bit of mind would know they'd just hit decline. Please think before you write :rolleyes:

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

i probably would tbh

tru that.

this is a game, why not get irl money for something that has no positive effects on your life like money would?

the economy is [cabbage] (in america) u gotta do what u gotta do to get money. jobs are becoming harder and harder to get now.

imo, only either an idiot or the wealthy wouldnt abuse that glitch for irl gains.

I like getting hard when I PK

I myself have been able to get a -cashpile. In-fact, I posted screenies of it here on TIF many months ago. It was when we managed to give ourselves a negative trade limit which allowed us to trade unlimited amount of money between accounts (When trade limit was enfprced).

We weren't able to withdraw unlimited amounts, however.

09144a99bb.png