What's causing the price of Ranarr going down? (Soceress garden bots)

Dire_Wolf

sorceress' garden bots.

Check out the Youtube vid by Jiblix called "What A Botiful World."

[sarcasm]

These must be the very select few that manage to barely squeeze by the elite detection system that Jagex has put in place which catches hundreds of thousands of bots each year.

[/sarcasm]

09144a99bb.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think most botters are wising up and leaving now that sorc garden only turns in about 200k an hour.

4.8m a day x 3 accounts (probably) is still 15m a day. And they already paid for the script so why leave. Still bringing in $300 bucks a month or 450m, they aren't going anywhere.

L2pullout.png

sorceress' garden bots.

Check out the Youtube vid by Jiblix called "What A Botiful World."

[sarcasm]

These must be the very select few that manage to barely squeeze by the elite detection system that Jagex has put in place which catches hundreds of thousands of bots each year.

[/sarcasm]

After talking to the bot detecting experts, it's fairly evident they can easily take care of the botting situation like they have in the past. I even got a picture of the team that gets it all done.

Monkey_Office_1A.jpg

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Got this off a youtube comment,

"73 members worlds * avg. 40 bots/world... 2920 bots.

^ Jagex makes about $20,000/month irl from them - I honestly wonder if they care."

Would be hard to resist tbh.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

^ Jagex makes about $20,000/month irl from them - I honestly wonder if they care."

Not for a multimillion dollars company.

WarBlastoise.png

What if the secretly put them in a fakescape for a month just for the lulz.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

The reason why they were so problematic before is that they were paid for by stolen credit cards.

j0xPu5R.png

99 Herblore is cheaper than ever. Keep it that way.

So is prayer and a lot of buyables.

Though money is harder to come by, so unless you have the cashpile already it's about the same for the average player.

I would disagree. Even armor is cheaper. Boss hunting is still fantastic income. I know very little people who skill for their money, so bots shouldn't really affect their income at all. :P.

The reason why they were so problematic before is that they were paid for by stolen credit cards.

I'm curious if this is still the case. I would assume these bot sites and gold sellers are making enough to pay for their own but could be wrong. Will be interesting to see if Jagex removes FT once again due to it nearly going bankrupt again.

09144a99bb.png

Its odd that every herb is going down EXEPT Toadflax. I have been farming TF since beginning of this year and its still 4.2k a pop. Why is that?

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

Its odd that every herb is going down EXEPT Toadflax. I have been farming TF since beginning of this year and its still 4.2k a pop. Why is that?

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Grimy_toadflax

"Grimy toadflaxes are one of the five herbs that cannot be obtained from the Sorceress's Garden activity."

hehe duh :P

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

The only thing this really bothers me with is farming. It's one of the few skills I enjoy training, and the decrease in herb profit isn't helping.

I think most botters are wising up and leaving now that sorc garden only turns in about 200k an hour.

4.8m a day x 3 accounts (probably) is still 15m a day. And they already paid for the script so why leave. Still bringing in $300 bucks a month or 450m, they aren't going anywhere.

Theres other, better, methods though.

u_r_b_e_x.png

Though money is harder to come by, so unless you have the cashpile already it's about the same for the average player.

I would disagree. Even armor is cheaper. Boss hunting is still fantastic income. I know very little people who skill for their money, so bots shouldn't really affect their income at all. :P.

You, and many of your friends, are maxed combat I presume? And when you say bosshunting, you probably mean nex, maybe solo bandos, dks, or corp, correct? That's a pretty small segment of the population, it's a vital part and the goal for many strives, but for most of rs money making caps out at green drags or frost drags. What this does is cut into the incomes of people in the middle and on the way to the higher-end bosses; I just spend 110mil on pray and considering that I hate/suck bossing I doubt I'll be getting it back anytime soon.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

You, and many of your friends, are maxed combat I presume? And when you say bosshunting, you probably mean nex, maybe solo bandos, dks, or corp, correct? That's a pretty small segment of the population, it's a vital part and the goal for many strives, but for most of rs money making caps out at green drags or frost drags. What this does is cut into the incomes of people in the middle and on the way to the higher-end bosses; I just spend 110mil on pray and considering that I hate/suck bossing I doubt I'll be getting it back anytime soon.

Before being maxed, I made tons of cash in Bandos teams. And on many of my accounts, I made most of the money at Tormented Demons before maxing. And to level 100 or so, I merched. Money is still just as easy to come by for lower levels IMO. Just depends what you're into.

Not for a multimillion dollars company.

Wasn't it 38M they made last year? (Sorry, no foreign currency key on my keyboard :P). I would see $20,000 to be a fair bit for them then.

09144a99bb.png

Tbh I think their 'advanced bot detection system' is actually really the player's reports. It's the reason I don't report bots anymore, because nothing major is being done about it and if there was such an advanced bot detection system, why aren't they going away? And more so, why are the bots I used to report still playing without being banned? But that's another issue in itself.

There are hundreds of them on every world - tzhaar city, sorceress' garden, living rock cavern, the fishing guild, you name it. I just have to realize they're a company and it's all about the money in the end unfortunately. The words 'moral values' and 'company' I don't think exist in the same sentence anymore in this day and age :-( (except for this example of course).

2vuhgcn.png

The words 'moral values' and 'company' I don't think exist in the same sentence anymore in this day and age :-( (except for this example of course).

And except for when the phrase "do not have" exists between "companies" and "moral values" :lol:

Anyway, bots are everywhere. Even places where you wouldn't think they would be. I believe it's only a matter of time until they make bots that even have herb runs built into their routine every hour and a half and other complex things.

As for reporting them, realistically you could sit there for hours on end reporting bots. But at the same time, you could add one of those bots you reported(One that has private on for whatever reason) and watch it be logged in almost constantly for the next two weeks. With no evidence of action being taken against it.

Simply put, Jagex(Just About Gaming Experience) does not give two [cabbage]s about our gaming experience anymore. However the worst part is that they act like they care. Hence the free trade/wild brought back. But i believe it did just as much damage as it did fix. Out with the statues inflating the market, in with the surplus bots crashing certain materials/items, and PKing recirculation crashing others. Wild/free trade essentially just created a double-edged sword.

I still think that a RuneScape 3 is one of the only courses of action. Of course an almighty bot-banner-omatic would be better, but based on Jagex's recent bluffings, that sounds unrealistic.

With a new game engine(Perhaps something that isn't java based), and completely new workings(Something that wouldn't be so easy to make scrips for), Jagex might be able to level-out the bot created to bot stomped ratio.

Of course that last part is just speculation. I have no clue how well a new game engine would work...

Hexiled Razz. Player since March 8th, 2005.

End of the day, we know, they know, they know we know, but they cannot simply say they know as thats against their interest to tell us the truth of the situation of why they arnt doing enough to stop them.

I do expect some proper PR on this sooner or later with some banning of some type or other. I am honestly surprised they havnt as I tend to see more and more people waking up to the fact that its become worse, which is against their interest.. especially since jagex made it easier to bot not far back there just more botters remaining botters. PLUS freetrade making it very easy to trade between accounts for average people.

Yet PR is simply see through unless they begin reversing some of their decisions when it comes to punishing bots. I dont care about 10000 bots a month whose stats have been reset >.> I care about better detection and 10000 bots a week being banned with no appeal and QUICKER rather than months. As many people know they do not get banned usually for months later if at all. (Including resets.) However that said even if it took 3 months for a proper ban that would still be an improvement on 3 months for a stat reset. ITS A BOT. The owner doesnt care about stat resets.. they never cared enough to get the stat themselves to begin with. (duh) They care more about if banned or not. Rwt being a different matter for the moment, stat resets+freetrade have made it very easy and appealing for average player to bot. Not that I think freetrade is a bad idea but rather how they are handling it.

Theres only one real way to even begin trust and thats to get rid of mmg tbh. Even then I would need proof that they reversing his decisions and taking action. I would need to see a reduction in all areas of botting and their stance being strongly against it rather than encouraging it.

Look at it this way, at least they're ruining the game for themselves and not for real legitimate players. Used to play Castle Crashers on Xbl, and it was extremely difficult to find a player who hadn't glitched all his characters to level 256 (normal max is 99) It basically made them invincible.

Here on rs we have threads created every single day on how bots are lowering the price of some low tier money making methods (if you could even call them that) and everyone is up in arms seemingly more because they're getting away with breaking jagex's arbitrary rules than actually effecting your gameplay. People who considering cutting yews or fishing sharks good money are hurting their profits more than bots ever could.

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

• 4 weeks later...

You can say that for just about anything, but think of it this way, Herblore is cheaper, but Farming is less profitable. Whenever something like this happens, you have the remember that there is a flip side. With that logic you could say that we should times the herb prices by 10 so that Farming's more profitable. <_<

Isaact20.png

Isaact20.png

sorceress' garden bots.

^Same as almost every other herb.

I guess that means now is a good time to train Herblore.

Jagex posted a note on Facebook saying that they're cracking down more on botters with Bot Busting sessions, and I'm sure that the Summer Garden will be a hotspot for those sessions, so I'll probably buy all my herbs now before their prices go back up.