03-May-2011 � Capes of Distinction

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've been playing for 5+ years and have stayed f2p the entire time, you aren't doing anything to help jagex out. Membership helps fund the game. Also, it gives you a reason to go to members.

Jagex refers to F2P players when they are gonna advertise how many active players they have and accounts registered. So how are they not helping the game?

If you've been playing for 5+ years and have stayed f2p the entire time, you aren't doing anything to help jagex out. Membership helps fund the game. Also, it gives you a reason to go to members.

Gotta love the banner ads I see each time I open the game to play, right?

Membership does help fund the game, but don't ever tell us that viewing those ads doesn't help Jagex.

---------------------------

I suppose I can only hope that Jagex reverses their current decisions, but I think it's unlikely. Kind of makes you wonder why you are barred from receiving an object to denote a distinction you've achieved just because you don't pay for it. Keep in mind that some people don't pay because they cannot due to numerous limitations. Not everyone lives in the US and has access to Runescape game cards.

c88fa6c4d1b78db60e603ff611dd6e68.png

deviantArt | A book without a cover | My poems | My Sigs

I'm an artist of words.

Jagex refers to F2P players too when they are gonna advertise how many active players they have and un-active accounts. So how are they not helping the game?

P2Pers pay money which goes to pay the people who design and make these cape's salaries, and f2pers should have a reason to get members. Why provide content to people who aren't providing you with any real income?

edit; people use adblock/it's pretty damn stingey to play a game for 5 years and not pay a single cent to do so.

C1Geq.png

Kind of makes you wonder why you are barred from receiving an object to denotate a distinction you've achieved just because you don't pay for it.

You mean just like the pre-existing skillcapes? Not saying I agree with Jagex on this, but if they haven't budged on skillcapes, the others were unlikely.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

Kind of makes you wonder why you are barred from receiving an object to denotate a distinction you've achieved just because you don't pay for it.

You mean just like the already-existing skillcapes?

Guess it's not a very surprising choice of action from Jagex after all.

C'est la vie.

c88fa6c4d1b78db60e603ff611dd6e68.png

deviantArt | A book without a cover | My poems | My Sigs

I'm an artist of words.

Awesome! I'm going to get my Veteran's and Classic Cape! =]

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

P2Pers pay money which goes to pay the people who design and make these cape's salaries, and f2pers should have a reason to get members. Why provide content to people who aren't providing you with any real income?

edit; people use adblock/it's pretty damn stingey to play a game for 5 years and not pay a single cent to do so.

F2Ps are recorded as active players, and also their accounts. Also they must view ads. Not everyone blocks advertisement. Either way, Jagex gets cash for advertisements.

can only own 1 uber cape a time, but max you can have multiple.

Now please show me one with a beautiful colour scheme, because i've only seen those ugly pink ones(i know max can be customized so i'm hoping it's the same for comp).

Anyway, i made my bank with this update. Grimy wagered that getting the comp cape would involve a chicken, and needless to say, i turned into a puppy :ohnoes: Worth every penny :smile:

82762555.png

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Mmm. Some people who can't get the veteran's cape - it seems Jagex is discounting time played as F2P.

As for advertising in F2P - sometimes a malicious ad slips through now and again. Least that was how it was years ago.

I wouldn't know, now, because of Firefox. :thumbup:

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Anyone els having trouble getting vetrans cape? I try and try but hans just won't give it to me. and i know i've been playing on this account for at least 6 years.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Now please show me one with a beautiful colour scheme, because i've seen those ugly pink ones(i know max can be customized so i'm hoping it's the same for comp).

Yeah, both can be customized.

Here is something I made :thumbdown:

completionist_cape.png

Now please show me one with a beautiful colour scheme, because i've seen those ugly pink ones(i know max can be customized so i'm hoping it's the same for comp).

heresrs.png

The way mine is right now, may change to red tho

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Anyone els having trouble getting vetrans cape? I try and try but hans just won't give it to me. and i know i've been playing on this account for at least 6 years.

When did you start paying? They might be basing it on payment records.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

heresrs.png

The way mine is right now, may change to red tho

Put full torva on and make the colours match pl0x. Something over 99.9999999% of us will never own.

i think i got membs around the same time i joined tip it, but i'm not really sure its been so long.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I was talking to an actual Jagex Mod, because he was by himself by the f2p hill giants house entrance. Weird huh? Anyways another person came and asked how old his account was, and the mod leaked out, that when you recover an account it asks the year you created your account, which is based off your holiday item. Which makes sense why the 10yr cape can't be out yet, cuz the scythe is the first untradable?

So basically Im thinking if you skip out on holiday events gf 5yr cape.

Edit: Bunny years were first drop, soz I wouldn't expect 10yr cape out till 10yrs from easter '03 (I could be entirely wrong about all of this)

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101