• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oi there's now 5 youtube embedds on this page that points to the SAME video >.>

stop quoting/reposting it already

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Saw gold dragon, its not fully gold, in between its wing bones its gold and part of its back, but the rest of the dragon is black, and I prefer the white smoke to the gold if I'm honest, just a status symbol not worth spending until around October of this year fulltime to get that.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Well. If I ever feel like devoting another 15,000 hours of my life to get the trimmed uber cape, at least it is suitably....well, completionist. I'm glad Jagex took this route in making the requirements for it. There was a debate here a while ago about what should and should not be in the uber cape, and I think Jagex actually got it right. The basic stuff goes in the regular uber cape, and only the most certifiably astronomical requirements in the trimmed version. Well done, I think.

Now to wait for my 10 year cape.

weathermatt.png

diy_wmatt.png

70s-80s-90s capes have no stats. Oh well, another update I'll never get a chance to fully take advantage of because there's no way in hell I'm grinding my way to max/completionist capes.

This. I'm never gonna grind every single level to 99...esp. when so many ppl who actually do are bots.

That kind of attitude is pretty pathetic. Just because other people are willing to do more work than you, they're cheating?

70s-80s-90s capes have no stats. Oh well, another update I'll never get a chance to fully take advantage of because there's no way in hell I'm grinding my way to max/completionist capes.

This. I'm never gonna grind every single level to 99...esp. when so many ppl who actually do are bots.

That kind of attitude is pretty pathetic. Just because other people are willing to do more work than you, they're cheating?

No I did not say that - the people who actually have completionist capes RIGHT NOW prob aren't bots. But let's be very frank, at this point the game is so permeated by cheating that you can really can't tell if the random person next to you got their 99 legitly. Take it a few months from now, how many people are gonna bot their ways to completionist capes...?

And YES I definitely have a thing against GRINDING alone. I always loved quests and adventuring - but GRINDING for hundreds of hours at end for grinding's sake? That's not gaming.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

And YES I definitely have a thing against GRINDING alone. I always loved quests and adventuring - but GRINDING for hundreds of hours at end? That's not gaming.

Runescape's an old MMO. Grinding is a feature.

Or have you forgotten Livid Farm already? Heh.

EDIT: The mining area update in the BTS will be no different.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Hopefully doing all that other stuff for the completionist cape will be beyond the grasp of somebody that didn't actually do anything to get to 99.

actually holding on to the completionist cape looks like it would be annoying, though

I mean, imagine if you had a new quest come out with an associated task that took a long while to complete. How will they handle that kind of thing?

8f14270694.jpg

I seriously doubt someone could bot all of that.

Botting 5000 castle wars games and every skill 99? Even jagex should be able to catch that

+ can't bot dungeoneering

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

oh and found this quote

You dont receive any special rewards after 25. We were thinking of doing so, but didnt want to make you feel compelled to do hundreds and hundreds of runs. Its just a bit of post-quest fun if you like the chimp ice task, the rewards are only cosmetic.

Mod Edam, RuneScape Forums[1]

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Botting dungeoneering would be absurdly complex, even a bot to just clear c1s would die hundreds of times and not be able to do any keys.

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Botting dungeoneering would be absurdly complex, even a bot to just clear c1s would die hundreds of times and not be able to do any keys.

Think what you will, I've already heard plenty of bragging about botting to 85.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

Be better if it was flaming wings instead of gold, Flaming Dragon > Black > Gold IMO

My bet is on them not bothering too much for something that will, at best, be used by a couple of new player per year(i'd guess there being 10 by this years end). Just not worth the effort, as comp cape has pretty reasonable reqs(the trim might even take just as much as the cape itself).

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

You really don't know much about bots then. My friend makes dg pures and sells them for $150 each. They die about once every floor, key, and even fish for food etc. He makes about $450 a month doing nothing.

Also they do c6 floors. You got to do your research bro.

I seriously doubt someone could bot all of that.

Botting 5000 castle wars games and every skill 99? Even jagex should be able to catch that

+ can't bot dungeoneering

A completetionist cape doesnt need the 5000 castle wars games.. the trim does and I'm not sure if that many people will bot for the trim.

But to your other comments - oh yes bots can definitely bot every skill to 99, and DEFINITELY a yes on the dung bot...

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Why aren't the Veteran/RSC available to everyone again? Even though I've been a paying member until the end of Spring Break (work + school)?

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Why aren't the Veteran/RSC available to everyone again? Even though I've been a paying member until the end of Spring Break (work + school)?

Capes being P2P aside, it appears from previous posts that even current P2P members will not be able to get it unless they were a member at the 5year/classic time point or however it works. You can have bunny ears/scythe (8-9 years ago) and you can't get the cape. Quite a load BS to be sure.

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Good luck botting for the castle wars games.

Has that 'castle wars' person gone by a different name in the past? When I used to cw I remember somebody very low level being names that constantly playing.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^