03-May-2011 � Capes of Distinction

For anyone who isn't aware, you only need the crafting level to make the milestone capes eg. my lowest skill is dg (55) but my crafting level is 70 so although I can only wear the 50 cape, I have made all capes up to 70.

Should be some help for the costume room...

with assist you can make the 90s capes too :P

Nukearcher.gif

Ranged 101/99, Str 105/99, Att 105/99, Hp 106/99, Def 100/70, Magic 102/99

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is absolutely no reason vets cape/classic capes should have been p2p only.

Business, that's 1 reason.

thats probably the only reason to. In my personal opinion its sad that they gloat that they are the number 1 free game but refuse to give f2p players cosmetic items with no stats.

Veteran and Classic capes both have stats.

Anyone that wasnt able to get last night, could check again at Iffie? I'm at work so cant play right now.

When I first tried, I could not get the classic cape.

I logged off and submitted a bug report.

When I tried again about 4 hours later, I could claim my classic cape *yay*

There is absolutely no reason vets cape/classic capes should have been p2p only.

thats probably the only reason to. In my personal opinion its sad that they gloat that they are the number 1 free game but refuse to give f2p players cosmetic items with no stats.

Veteran and Classic capes both have stats.

They should have the same stats as a teamcape imo. Still ridiculous that they didn't tell us it was P2P only for months while they already knew it. :mellow:

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

The fact that people who used the window to log into RSC some years ago, but never actually played it, are able to wear RSC capes bothers me very much. Makes the RSC capes pointless. Only people who actually played RSC should be able to wear the cape.

Margus.png

The fact that people who used the window to log into RSC some years ago, but never actually played it, are able to wear RSC capes bothers me very much. Makes the RSC capes pointless. Only people who actually played RSC should be able to wear the cape.

I agree with you there. I never bothered to log in even.

Uber cape: Quests, Music and Skills maxed.

Enhanced/Trimmed/Complete Uber cape: The former + 300 MA rank, 1250 Conquest rank, full Armour box+Magic Wardrobe, Vengeance group, Max Chompy, finished Statue of Dahmarrok, full banner of Champions, Gavel, Champion's tackle box, Bones to peaches, Taskmaster emote, lvl 5 Healer/Attacker/Defender/Collector BA (, Castle wars professional cape)

Seems like a fair way to handle it. Also, good luck with that.

I will now accept work as a psychic. :3

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

People who look back and ponder that question do look foolish, however, Jagex shouldn't encourage people to "complete" their game, because it takes entirely way too long to do so. Very few people find motivation to complete the game when there is no reward but a nice spot on the highscores. However they now added an actual reward for doing so, which is a very bad thing to do.

If you "complete" world of warcraft, you dont get anything. You have a bunch of achievement points but there is no cool mount or title you get for completing every achievement on there. I thought Jagex had the same philosophy until I heard of this update in their dev blogs. Now instead of people finding their own motivation to get a maxed total, they made it a goal, which will inevitiably get more people addicted and they will waste more of their own time for the same result, nothing.

As an individual thinking about other people's problems and choices, you can't help but not care most of the time, but when you are a company that has the power to keep 200k+ people strapped to their computer chairs every hour of every day, you have to start and wonder what exactly your company is doing and if it is ethical. It might be a little out of bounds to say this, but I feel companies like Jagex and Blizzard are doing the same type of damage to people's lives as tobacco companies do, not on the same grounds or proportions of course, but they are purposely getting people addicted to their product so they can make money.

Posted on another forum, but i do agree with it 100%.

People who look back and ponder that question do look foolish, however, Jagex shouldn't encourage people to "complete" their game, because it takes entirely way too long to do so. Very few people find motivation to complete the game when there is no reward but a nice spot on the highscores. However they now added an actual reward for doing so, which is a very bad thing to do.

If you "complete" world of warcraft, you dont get anything. You have a bunch of achievement points but there is no cool mount or title you get for completing every achievement on there. I thought Jagex had the same philosophy until I heard of this update in their dev blogs. Now instead of people finding their own motivation to get a maxed total, they made it a goal, which will inevitiably get more people addicted and they will waste more of their own time for the same result, nothing.

As an individual thinking about other people's problems and choices, you can't help but not care most of the time, but when you are a company that has the power to keep 200k+ people strapped to their computer chairs every hour of every day, you have to start and wonder what exactly your company is doing and if it is ethical. It might be a little out of bounds to say this, but I feel companies like Jagex and Blizzard are doing the same type of damage to people's lives as tobacco companies do, not on the same grounds or proportions of course, but they are purposely getting people addicted to their product so they can make money.

Posted on another forum, but i do agree with it 100%.

That's a very nice post. I agree with it 100%. And no it's not ethical, and that's the reason i will not have any great respect for Jagex. A game should not be easy, but the developers should not add rewards to encourage grinding.

They are number 1 free game, but it's only because of quantity of new players, and not because of Quality. Once the new players achieve most F2P stuff, they quit or go member. Same thing repeats, and new players come and go. So again, Runescape F2P is not a game popular because of it's quality or content. If it was based on that Runescape would be below #20.

And they also use cool Members artwork (Bandos boss, Phoenix) to attract players. So deceiving them that free worlds has all of this.

Anyone that wasnt able to get last night, could check again at Iffie? I'm at work so cant play right now.

When I first tried, I could not get the classic cape.

I logged off and submitted a bug report.

When I tried again about 4 hours later, I could claim my classic cape *yay*

I just got mine too.. :)

I think that the Castle Wars criteria should be changed, possibly to having an as full as possible costume room - it singles out one mini game and asks you to grind it for a massive length of time when there any criteria for playing all the minigames or having all of the Barbarian Assault items for example.

The whole point of minigames, castle wars especially, is that it's not about grinding. You dont stand there doing the exact same pattern of clicks over and over again, instead it actually introduces an element of skill. People seem surprised that a cape rewarded to players who have completed the game is hard to obtain :S As for your comment about BA, one of the requirements for the tripped cape is to have max rank in each BA role.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

They already provide F2p with an entire game of its own...Where's the incentive to give them more when they're being given...nothing in return?

If people really want the cape, forget about that magazine you want to buy or the popcorn when you go to the cinema and purchase a 30-day membership... :thumbdown:

I really don't want to get into it, anyway.

Also, extremely glad they introduced the trimmed version of the Completionist cape...Putting things into perspective, for most.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Runescape would have a lot fewer people if it didn't have a f2p starting thing.

That's undeniably true. Runescape does not have a good reputation, except that it's free and members is optional.

I'm not an efficienado.

They already provide F2p with an entire game of its own...Where's the incentive to give them more when they're being given...nothing in return?

If people really want the cape, forget about that magazine you want to buy or the popcorn when you go to the cinema and purchase a 30-day membership... :thumbdown:

I really don't want to get into it, anyway.

Also, extremely glad they introduced the trimmed version of the Completionist cape...Putting things into perspective, for most.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you here. Based solely on the wording of the update, there were implications that this wouldn't have any restriction on what the account's status was (free or member).

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

If you don't pay, you don't get to complain, IMHO.

F2P start might be good for the game, but Jagex will never get a cent from those f2p'ers who would be eligible for these capes.

I have played this game for over 6 years. Most of those years, I was a member, sometimes in more than one account. Now, I am not a member, due to real life circumstances that prevent me from playing.

Because I don't pay now, I don't deserve the capes?

crossed_body.png

F2P start might be good for the game, but Jagex will never get a cent from those f2p'ers who would be eligible for these capes.

I have played this game for over 6 years. Most of those years, I was a member, sometimes in more than one account. Now, I am not a member, due to real life circumstances that prevent me from playing.

I have to echo this sentiment. My membership merely lapsed in late March. I don't have the time or money to pay for it now, yet I was a paying member since 2004.

Not just that, but it really isn't about F2P or P2P entitlement. It's about what Jagex stated twice, and what they did. They said one thing and did another.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

I have to echo this sentiment. My membership merely lapsed in late March. I don't have the time or money to pay for it now, yet I was a paying member since 2004.

Not just that, but it really isn't about F2P or P2P entitlement. It's about what Jagex stated twice, and what they did. They said one thing and did another.

If you're not playing, you don't need the cape. When you start playing again, you can get it. What's the problem?

punitivedsig.png

If you're not playing, you don't need the cape. When you start playing again, you can get it. What's the problem?

A matter of wording and promises - I was led to believe I didn't need to be active at this time to receive the cape. Although it seems that the entitlement bias is still strong.

When I start playing, I fully expect to be able to get the cape on my main account and pure (who has been around almost as long as my main). it's not a matter of paying status, it's a matter of time and a matter of what Jagex was perceived to deliver. That and that alone is my argument. Stick to it if you want to debate it any further.

s1L0U.jpg

A matter of wording and promises - I was led to believe I didn't need to be active at this time to receive the cape. Although it seems that the entitlement bias is still strong.

When I start playing, I fully expect to be able to get the cape on my main account and pure (who has been around almost as long as my main). it's not a matter of paying status, it's a matter of time and a matter of what Jagex was perceived to deliver. That and that alone is my argument. Stick to it if you want to debate it any further.

Well you didn't lose anything due to Jagex's alleged "promise" since you did not rely on the promise to your detriment. No harm, no foul. You'll get the cape when you become a paying customer. Now if you pay in order to get the cape and don't receive it, THEN you'll have something to cry about.

punitivedsig.png

Mod Mark: I apologise if any of you feel misled, that was not our intention. It was always planned to have these as members only rewards, just as with the other capes associated with accomplishment like the skill capes. We do not intend to make them f2p and never did. These decisions were discussed early on in project development. The statement All players who have played for 5 years or more will have access to the cape is indeed an accurate one. However, they also require membership to buy one. Genuinely we apologise if you feel tricked in any way. Inviting the f2p community to help design the cape was intended to be a good thing, it seems now that that might of created the wrong impression. We will make our communication clearer next time.

15-16-524-62748204

2-3wakana-grina.gif

Oh dearie me, who didn't see that coming?

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats