03-May-2011 � Capes of Distinction

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xks-sWl5Eb4

Checked through the thread and didn't see this. Kinda disappointing that the color is the only change, but when you see the gold you should probably tell Castle Wars to peek outside and maybe investigate the terrain under the warm, glowing ball in the sky and not the incandescent lights of his house...

Honestly I truly do not get comments such as the above. Why in the world would you possibly care how some player in the game spends his time. He may even have a more fulfilled and accomplished life than you do.

To be fair I very much doubt that somebody that has nothing better to do than play CW games all day for months have anything interesting going on in their lives. It's highly doubtful they even have a job or an education at all.

Someone did the math and in total is only 86 days playtime of castle wars iirc.

Sure that's just short of 3 months.

But that can be acquired over the course of YEARS.

I mean 5 games a day is a little over 1hr playtime and that would take 800 days for the full 4000 games

So like 2.1 years; but still perfectly feasible given the time frame. Factor in variable play time and even someone who doesn't no life could probably clock up 4000 in a little over a year.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean 5 games a day is a little over 1hr playtime and that would take 800 days for the full 4000 games

So like 2.1 years; but still perfectly feasible given the time frame. Factor in variable play time and even someone who doesn't no life could probably clock up 4000 in a little over a year.

The CW games is just one of the requirements. You don't get all 99s and 120 DG, 4000 chompy kills, champ scrolls and the other crap playing 1 hour a day. The time investment is massive, people with lives outside RS simply cannot afford the time to do that.

2480+ total

The CW games is just one of the requirements. You don't get all 99s and 120 DG, 4000 chompy kills, champ scrolls and the other crap playing 1 hour a day. The time investment is massive, people with lives outside RS simply cannot afford the time to do that.

Yes they can.

I know plenty of people who meet like 98% of reqs for both the normal and trimmed cape and have full lives outside rs.

Its perfectly reasonable to chip away at it long term; you could easily do it all within five years and have a very full real life.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Obviously I have no life because I have 88% of the stuff needed for the trimmed completionist cape.

Yet I go to school as anyone else would and go out like anyone else would.

Your example is the same as saying all emo's cut themselves when that obviously isnt the case.

Veteran cape isn't f2p. No offence but, f*** you jagex.

Agreed. That's really irritated me!!!! :x

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Obviously I have no life because I have 88% of the stuff needed for the trimmed completionist cape.

Yet I go to school as anyone else would and go out like anyone else would.

Your example is the same as saying all emo's cut themselves when that obviously isnt the case.

No one knows anything about your life, how long you play, whether you botted or whatever, so i don't see how that was relevant.

That's a pretty dangerous, sweeping generalization.

If this were metagame discussion, I could call you on that claim and ask you to itemize every activity in hours.

However, we'll have to settle for not believing you.

Anyway, like the champions challenge that it requires for completion, you really don't get anything more out of finishing the requirements, so it's not as if you HAVE to do it. I mean, with or without that reward, you still probably wouldn't have done a bunch of those activities anyway.

Overall it's like a true veteran's cape that you have to earn, in which you shouldn't rush the goals, but just let them come to you over the course of play.

8f14270694.jpg

In regards to the no life thing, I'll give some insight into how I have played over the years.

I have 99 all, 102 dung (120 should take me about 3 months once I get 105, assuming I start playing again).

I have done every champion challenge minus Spectres.

I have 1,200 Chompy Kills, the remaining 2,800 should only take me another 5-6 days of chompy killing @ roughly 150 / hr.

I have NOT done the castle wars requirement, which I will imagine would take me quite some time, only because I never liked the game.

I have done the majority of all the "smaller" requirements for trimmed cape, and only missing 1 Dungeoneering scroll for the regular completionist small req.

I have never once botted, or cheated in any shape or form to advance my character in any way (would never risk this account for anything).

So by these standards, I must have absolutely no life, whatsoever.

Here is a bit about my life now:

- Graduated university with honors every semester, in business (NOT an easy course).

- Working a Government job in my field of study full time, plus many days of overtime during tax season (I do NOT play at work).

- Engaged after a 6 year wonderful relationship, who also plays Runescape during downtime.

- At a healthy weight for my height/age (Few pounds lighter)

- Still find time to go for bike rides, run errands, pay bills.

All of the above, I also coordinate with multiple hours of Runescape. How? It's called "Time Management".

During University, I would do afkable skills such as fishing, woodcutting, etc while studying for exams. While doing homework, I would kill various aggressive champion scroll dropping monsters since it didn't require total attention. When I didn't have homework, or exams to study for, I would do whatever I enjoyed on the game, usually slaying, or random skilling.

This "No Life" argument is getting pretty pathetic, especially from people who know absolutely nothing about the person they are making claims about. I would put money on the fact that the majority of them struggled with time management, thus assuming if they can't do it, noone can.

Someone is taking this wayyyy too seriously.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

I mean, with or without that reward, you still probably wouldn't have done a bunch of those activities anyway.

I would have. :unsure:

Truth be told, I had a personal "completionist" list before the capes were even announced. My list had all the tasks for trimmed completionist + more.

I've had that list for over a year now, slowly crossing things off as I get time to do them.

To be bluntly honest, if you care about the game enough to do the amount of complaining I've seen some F2Pers do over a purely cosmetic item, especially after Clan Cloaks were just released for P2P and F2P alike (which I think look better, actually...) you should already be a member.

There's really no excuse anymore now that you can walk into any local gas station, GameStop, Walmart, Target or even Walgreen and buy membership credit with cash. Before, the whole "I don't have a credit card" argument held some water since prices were exorbitant for any other method, but not now.

The homeless who play from their local libraries may now voice their anger over my comments' excluding their special circumstance.

Not everyone lives in a country with a GameStop, Walmart, Target or even Walgreen.

Those living in 3rd world countries need not apply.

yeah [bleep] p00r pple dey don't deserve to be play a game liek runescape

I live in Europe and none of those shops are available in most of the countries here, except maybe Great Britain.

To be bluntly honest, if you care about the game enough to do the amount of complaining I've seen some F2Pers do over a purely cosmetic item, especially after Clan Cloaks were just released for P2P and F2P alike (which I think look better, actually...) you should already be a member.

There's really no excuse anymore now that you can walk into any local gas station, GameStop, Walmart, Target or even Walgreen and buy membership credit with cash. Before, the whole "I don't have a credit card" argument held some water since prices were exorbitant for any other method, but not now.

The homeless who play from their local libraries may now voice their anger over my comments' excluding their special circumstance.

Not everyone lives in a country with a GameStop, Walmart, Target or even Walgreen.

I live in Europe and none of those shops are available in most of the countries here, except maybe Great Britain.

Nope none of thoose stores r in the UK either.

Though Walmart owns Asda who does sell game cards, as do most other supermarkets in the uk which iirc are in a lot of europe too.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Nope none of thoose stores r in the UK either.

Though Walmart owns Asda who does sell game cards, as do most other supermarkets in the uk which iirc are in a lot of europe too.

Because I listed several stores there can't be local equivalents?

The game is made by a British company. I seriously doubt availability is lesser there than here.

Then again if you're the same people who thought Achievement Capes V2 were going to be F2P... :rolleyes:

And, if you can afford internet, you can afford RS. Can't make it any simpler than that.

2dgucz6.png

Game cards r trickier to come by in europe until v recently.

Game cards has always been somewhat of an American thing.

But after Walmart picked em up Asda followed suit (wat with being owned by same ppl)

Game and HMV both stock some game cards now.

Tesco, Sainburys picked up game cards to compete with Asda. I think some morrissons, co-ops and waitrose have as well.

And I'm fairly sure at least some of them stores have Europe wide presence.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

whoever said "5 cw games a day is only about 1h a day" is either terrible at math or they know some secret method to make cw 3x faster, because 5 cw games takes over 2 hours

a_final_name.png

whoever said "5 cw games a day is only about 1h a day" is either terrible at math or they know some secret method to make cw 3x faster, because 5 cw games takes over 2 hours

Pretty sure they meant tickets.

2dgucz6.png

Pretty sure they meant tickets.

I see my maths fail.

I was doing 20mins a game + 5 mins break. 5 games = 1hr ish.

Total blank on fact 1 hr = 3*20 not 5*20

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Join the losing team with 2 minutes to go in the game. Finish. Hop to another world with 2 minutes to go. Join the losing team. Finish. Hop again, repeat.

You'll need several worlds on rotation, and probably some help since I don't think the non-CW worlds are crowded enough, but it's easily possible to do 10+ games in an hour.

Nevermind, I reread and realise I missunderstood.

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

This is a great update. I love the new Veteran cape's emote a lot, even though the design of the cape itself could have been better in my opinion. The completionist cape is awesome as well, and I wish I could wear it :P.

For now though, I am very happy with my 40+ cape (4 more dung levels to 50+ cape) and the Veteran's cape.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak