03-May-2011 � Capes of Distinction

A little nitpicky, but the last 4 or 5 polls have been about quest bosses and most of the choices were members-only while the polls were open to both f2p and p2p.

I totally agree though - f2p shouldn't have a voice when a poll is about members-only content. Hell, no one other than holders of accounts of 5-year-old accounts (MAYBE f2p 5YO accounts with members stats) should have been allowed to vote in this particular poll. If that were the case, maybe some of the people who were glitched on day one (5 years, members, but unable to buy cape) would have been sorted out when they tried to vote and were rejected.

Did I sound nitpicky? lol. I really felt betrayed; I mean, it sounds kind of bad that I'm complaining of something so minuscule, but I really got excited and took the time to vote. I decided to go out of retirement and prepared to buy membership this month, how could I not if Jagex was going to take time out of their lives to implement appreciation content. I haven't voted on almost anything, but after reading your post, I realize that maybe my thought was a little selfish.

Yeah, that bug sounds weird, I wonder what the coding problem was. I doubt they didn't test this.

You didn't answer my question <pout>.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hm, I don't understand the logic behind making it members-only when the poll was clearly enabled for everyone and the appreciation is for long-standing members who more than likely have purchased membership before. It really beggars the idea of "veteran" and "classic".

A little nitpicky, but the last 4 or 5 polls have been about quest bosses and most of the choices were members-only while the polls were open to both f2p and p2p.

I totally agree though - f2p shouldn't have a voice when a poll is about members-only content. Hell, no one other than holders of accounts of 5-year-old accounts (MAYBE f2p 5YO accounts with members stats) should have been allowed to vote in this particular poll. If that were the case, maybe some of the people who were glitched on day one (5 years, members, but unable to buy cape) would have been sorted out when they tried to vote and were rejected.

If the poll was only limited to people who the change would target - you would almost undeniably get a vote for change/upgrade all the time.

It's not like Jagex ever votes to punish you - all their "changes" are for the better so there's no point in putting a poll out that only targets a specific audience.

It's not really about punishment, rather, different levels of enjoyment from different choices winning.

I don't really understand your point at all, actually... Say even on the bosses polls. How can someone who hasn't completed all quests really have an adequate opinion as to what boss was the most interesting or fun to fight? At the very least, in that case, a max QP player's vote should count for more than others. When voting requires experience or specific rank or placement, votes should not be equal.

2dgucz6.png

ATLEAST give veteran cape equal stats to obby cape so it is worth wearing.

Then that would make Obby cape worthless and the price would plummet.

....Isn't it already worthless and the price astronomically low?

Personally I think F2P'ers should be allowed access to the Classic Cape and Veteran Cape. I know if Lightning was still remaining as F2P I'd be furious since she was 7th player and remained F2P all the way up until 2009, If I was that situation I'd be angry that all these years playing I don't anything to symbolize the years of my account.

Thats my two cents anyway

Popoto.~<3

If you're unsure of when you can obtain the cape...Han now tells you how many days you are away from it, with saying "You can get the cape within a year!", and then a message in the chat box which tells you how many days.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Personally I think F2P'ers should be allowed access to the Classic Cape and Veteran Cape. I know if Lightning was still remaining as F2P I'd be furious since she was 7th player and remained F2P all the way up until 2009, If I was that situation I'd be angry that all these years playing I don't anything to symbolize the years of my account.

That's a load of BS. I remember a few years ago (around 2007) finding out that Lightning has the most chompy kills in-game being around 10,000 or so. Unless I'm mistaking him for someone else, which I'm pretty sure I'm not.

That's a load of BS. I remember a few years ago (around 2007) finding out that Lightning has the most chompy kills in-game being around 10,000 or so. Unless I'm mistaking him for someone else, which I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Either way Lightning is ranked in thieving, herblore, agility, fletching, summoning, faming,hunter and has 99 slayer so quite clearly she has spent time quite a bit of time as a member.

Either way they are trite replacements for people who can't earn a skillcape.

In july i've played for 10 years, who cares? I played Classic? I actually have bunny ears and a scythe to prove i played and didn't just log in on rs2.

10 years of members in feb 2012....at $600, Jagex should just make me a lifetime member. xD

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xks-sWl5Eb4

Checked through the thread and didn't see this. Kinda disappointing that the color is the only change, but when you see the gold you should probably tell Castle Wars to peek outside and maybe investigate the terrain under the warm, glowing ball in the sky and not the incandescent lights of his house...

Honestly I truly do not get comments such as the above. Why in the world would you possibly care how some player in the game spends his time. He may even have a more fulfilled and accomplished life than you do.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-06-runescape-veteran-cape-jagex-responds

Typical reply from jagex.

Jagex sure are conceited:

QUOTE from link:

"That said, we are hugely proud of our free-to-play game. RuneScape offers millions of players one of the largest free-to-play MMORPGs, without ever asking them to subscribe. We give free players thousands of hours of content and it is a testament to the game that we have loyal players who have played the game for five years without ever paying us a penny. "

Most players who stay in free world are either one of these:

1) A player who explores free world and quits

2) A player who takes on "Free challenge"

3) A player who levels or stays free only to become member later

So that being said "Jagex your free game SUCKS". I can get the same "thousands of hours of content" from a free PC game very easily. And it would be 10 times better than free world.

To be bluntly honest, if you care about the game enough to do the amount of complaining I've seen some F2Pers do over a purely cosmetic item, especially after Clan Cloaks were just released for P2P and F2P alike (which I think look better, actually...) you should already be a member.

There's really no excuse anymore now that you can walk into any local gas station, GameStop, Walmart, Target or even Walgreen and buy membership credit with cash. Before, the whole "I don't have a credit card" argument held some water since prices were exorbitant for any other method, but not now.

The homeless who play from their local libraries may now voice their anger over my comments' excluding their special circumstance.

2dgucz6.png

To be bluntly honest, if you care about the game enough to do the amount of complaining I've seen some F2Pers do over a purely cosmetic item, especially after Clan Cloaks were just released for P2P and F2P alike (which I think look better, actually...) you should already be a member.

There's really no excuse anymore now that you can walk into any local gas station, GameStop, Walmart, Target or even Walgreen and buy membership credit with cash. Before, the whole "I don't have a credit card" argument held some water since prices were exorbitant for any other method, but not now.

The homeless who play from their local libraries may now voice their anger over my comments' excluding their special circumstance.

It's not a matter of "Become member". It's just stupid to advertise Runescape saying that it's popular because of the free version. And also using Members content artwork to lure future players to play the game.

Not everyone lives in a country with a GameStop, Walmart, Target or even Walgreen.

I wear that logged-in-during-rsc cape sometimes. Mostly just to mix it up with the other capes. Bunny ears are on there always anyways.

Haven't really bothered with the other capes, the cape (i forgot the name) which is based on all you skills... Hehe, it would be on 1.

What i'd like to see is a 10 year cape i suppose.

And also some new shoes.

I don't think these capes are too big of a deal, wouldn't mind if f2p had it.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

"Her"

....Maybe I get her confused with ForsakenMage....

TOO MANY WOMEN.

Popoto.~<3

I currently own the vet cape and classic cape. Unlike some, I may even shell out the cash on my rarly used nub account to get a vet cape for him as well because I think it'd be neat. Its only $7 after all, Less then some McDonald meals for a months worth of entertainment. If you play two hours every second day that comes down to only $0.23 an hour. I mean come on, I'm sure the majority of you even play more then that but can you name anything with better value? My only gripe is with the classic cape. I wish they made it so you had to actively play in classic to use it and not just log in. I heard they said they're were too few players to make that possible.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

Checked through the thread and didn't see this. Kinda disappointing that the color is the only change, but when you see the gold you should probably tell Castle Wars to peek outside and maybe investigate the terrain under the warm, glowing ball in the sky and not the incandescent lights of his house...

Honestly I truly do not get comments such as the above. Why in the world would you possibly care how some player in the game spends his time. He may even have a more fulfilled and accomplished life than you do.

I don't think its unjustified to say that he still spent an absurd amount of time on a game like Runescape lol. Even in 10 years that still seems ridiculous.

Not everyone lives in a country with a GameStop, Walmart, Target or even Walgreen.

Those living in 3rd world countries need not apply.

2dgucz6.png

yeah [bleep] p00r pple dey don't deserve to be play a game liek runescape

so i took off my turban and said imagine that! hah! me buying membership form you!!!!

inb4 nobody understands signs referance

a_final_name.png

Jealousy is a [bleep]. :P

To be fair I very much doubt that somebody that has nothing better to do than play CW games all day for months have anything interesting going on in their lives. It's highly doubtful they even have a job or an education at all.

2480+ total