03-May-2011 � Capes of Distinction

Exclusive is fun. That's what keeps the game fun for most of high levels.

Finish every thing the game has to offer only to obtain a cape that you only want because of it's stats, and you did not care about any of the things you had to do to get it (120 dung, champion scroll, 99 in non skilling skills etc). Yeah...exlusive is "fun". It's a way for people to become a bigger of a no life so they can go around in the game thinking they are special, when in reality they have wasted tons of time on a game where their achievement has no value what so ever in real life, and they...ABSOULTELY SUCK.

There are alot of steps along the way... 10s-90s, achievements, max's, comp and trimmed comp, so don't worry, you don't have to get trimmed comp reqs just to get any of the capes. As the normal comp already has the stats there really shouldn't be anything against the trimmed cape.

Danq, that cape is called cw 5k games cape, that's basically 90% of the whole trim requirement.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are alot of steps along the way... 10s-90s, achievements, max's, comp and trimmed comp, so don't worry, you don't have to get trimmed comp reqs just to get any of the capes. As the normal comp already has the stats there really shouldn't be anything against the trimmed cape.

Danq, that cape is called cw 5k games cape, that's basically 90% of the whole trim requirement.

Ok. I must admit that if the non-trimmed one does not require alot then it's cool. So what does it require you to do?

The hardest cape in the game, meant to symbolise having done everything, playing the game to the fullest isn't going to have easy requirements. I personally think the requirements are fitting.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Botting dungeoneering would be absurdly complex, even a bot to just clear c1s would die hundreds of times and not be able to do any keys.

There was a dung xp glitch that allowed massive xp gains (think a form of it still exists, not sure).

Exclusive is fun. That's what keeps the game fun for most of high levels.

Finish every thing the game has to offer only to obtain a cape that you only want because of it's stats, and you did not care about any of the things you had to do to get it (120 dung, champion scroll, 99 in non skilling skills etc). Yeah...exlusive is "fun". It's a way for people to become a bigger of a no life so they can go around in the game thinking they are special, when in reality they have wasted tons of time on a game where their achievement has no value what so ever in real life, and they...ABSOULTELY SUCK.

That actually has to be true. Even if you were 100% efficient since you were a lvl 3 getting the trimmed completionist cape means you either no lifed like 10 years of your life away or you botted.

No life is subjective, but there's definably some sort of reasonable threshold lol.

whaa! Easter event removed! I never got round to doing it! :(

I skipped it too. Once they started having members-only holiday events (ie: Hati Wolf), I decided I no longer had to be a completionist. I guess that makes me truly retired now.

Back to the topic:

I dont have anything against the capes per se. But with the de facto personalized capes that were brought in with clans, it does seem a bit like overkill.

As for the 10 year cape: its not like they cant add it in. As for me, Ill just stick with the scythe as a badge of longevity. Its a cheap crowd pleaser. :thumbsup:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

My problem with the trimmed cape is that it doesn't offer ANY benefits over the non-trimmed version, but requires an IMMENSE amount of additional effort. To get the trim, you have to do EVERYTHING there is in the game, so the trimmed version SHOULD be superior to the non-trimmed version.

td2sig.jpg

My problem with the trimmed cape is that it doesn't offer ANY benefits over the non-trimmed version, but requires an IMMENSE amount of additional effort. To get the trim, you have to do EVERYTHING there is in the game, so the trimmed version SHOULD be superior to the non-trimmed version.

How is that different with a partyhat that give +0 stats but is max coins.

Then don't do it? What?

capt%20kevin.png

They have to take into consideration the "I'm being forced to do tons of stuff I don't want to do but I want to be the best" crowd and the "I want to show off all the things I've done because it's taken forever" crowd.

I understand why you have a problem with it, but I also understand why they didn't give the trimmed version better stats then the untrimmed one.

Some people feel Jagex are forcing them to do something they don't want to just because they want the best item. I've seen plenty of people like that around tif the past few weeks.

5k castle wars games

i don't have any words to express my emotions

Your icon expresses it well enough. Holy [cabbage]. Well, that's one cape I won't be getting. Yikes.

Silverfox30.png

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.
^^^At least I'm not the only crazy one

They have to take into consideration the "I'm being forced to do tons of stuff I don't want to do but I want to be the best" crowd and the "I want to show off all the things I've done because it's taken forever" crowd.

I understand why you have a problem with it, but I also understand why they didn't give the trimmed version better stats then the untrimmed one.

Some people feel Jagex are forcing them to do something they don't want to just because they want the best item. I've seen plenty of people like that around tif the past few weeks.

That's two good ways to look at it. And i totally agree.

Personally i got the classic and 5 year cape just fine. Is everyone who is trying to get it asking the npc's the right questions? They didn't exactly choose the best chat options for either

For hans, what do you do here?

For iffie I'm here to talk about what you are knitting

jpegsigtest.jpg

The Classic Cape Emote sucks. It deosnt relate to RSC at all other than the 2D-ness and that when u skilled a little bubble used to go over your head... But its not something everybody REMEMBERS about rsc.

The veteran hood is pretty cool though :) I got to encorporate it into my outfit somehow

nashv.png

Pixel Signature Made By Me.

i got the classic cape fine, got the milestone capes fine.

still cant get the vet cape though... I KNOW my account is older then 5 years.

:/

edit: having fun looking at rswiki says about them (don't worry, I know not to trust it)

aparently the Examine for the uber cape is:

"You have completed Runescape ; Go outside"

XD

and the emote. well...

you turn in to a dragon.

nuff said.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Has Jagex/the Pmods released any more information on the Trimmed Completionist Capes?

Honestly, sounds a bit ridiculous to have 5k castle wars games played.

Hopefully - they'll change this in the future (like they changed the reward for the Livid Farms)

capt%20kevin.png

Has Jagex/the Pmods released any more information on the Trimmed Completionist Capes?

Honestly, sounds a bit ridiculous to have 5k castle wars games played.

Hopefully - they'll change this in the future (like they changed the reward for the Livid Farms)

It would be much more realistic to just have you obtain enough tickets for a full set of the highest-tier CW armor (I hate CW so I don't know what it's called). It's still a humongously huge chore to undertake, but it's much less arbitrary.

td2sig.jpg

5,000 castle wars games may be arbitrary, but it's not newly so. This is the requirement to purchase the Castle Wars Professional Cape, released May 27, 2010 - the final castle wars reward. If they were going to change this, chances are they would have done it by now.

Alphanos

Alphanos.png

5,000 castle wars games may be arbitrary, but it's not newly so. This is the requirement to purchase the Castle Wars Professional Cape, released May 27, 2010 - the final castle wars reward. If they were going to change this, chances are they would have done it by now.

Ohhhh, I see. In that case, I am more okay with it.

I still think that, based on the amount of time required to get the Uber cape, it should give a +20 attack bonus, +50 defense, +20 prayer bonus, and +10 strength bonus. That's fitting I think, considering you've accomplished every single thing the game has to offer.

td2sig.jpg

For some reason these capes have given me a new incentive to play the game more, max skills, etc. It's not the capes that caused this determination, bit we'll see where it takes me.

This update was more awesome than I thought.

I love my new max cape and veterens cape.

maxcape.png

I'm glad that you can color coordinate the capes.

The fairy pink was horrid.

So now, I plan to get the completionist one day in the future.

Simply because it has 5k castle wars games involved.

Thats legendary. (too bad Jagex couldnt count and I have 1.3k games played and 6k ticket. :rolleyes: )

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

9/10 for the update. Every other cape is great.

However, the RSC cape is nothing more than a dissapointment:

capevsrsc.png

The classic emote is pretty awful.

I wonder why they didn't use classic graphics for it. Just looks like your character is thinking of a hatchet or something.

Decent update. The capes looks OK, but the pink color cape looks kinda.....

I liked Classic Cape and Completionist Cape best. Completionist emote #1. Max emote #2. Veteran emote #3. Classic emote #4, Classic cape emote is hella weak :(

Anyway, I look a-a-a-awesome with my Classic cape+Bunny ears. :P

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~