03-May-2011 � Capes of Distinction

For the ones that couldnt get the classic cape last night (including me), I just read something on the RSOF.

[qfc]15-16-599-62743823[/qfc]

3rd page

Transcript:

Mod Easty

Jagex Mod

03-May-2011 18:36:24

I've just released a fix that should address this, if your account was created before the RS2 release.

Livndeadgirl

03-May-2011 18:39:43

Mod Easty - o0 so does this mean only real classic players can get the cape now?

and if so those who did not play and already claimed one do those people lose theres now?

if yes thank you

Mod Easty

Jagex Mod

03-May-2011 18:41:07

No, I've only enabled players who couldn't claim the cape before a chance to claim it if their account is older than RS2.

There is no plans to remove access to this cape from players who can already claim it.

Anyone that wasnt able to get last night, could check again at Iffie? I'm at work so cant play right now.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the compromise Jagex made for trimming the completionist cape to let people show off, but not be required for best stats. Also they should add master tacklebox from Fish Flingers to the reqs for it.

Hameigh.png

Just checked at Iffie again, still no classic cape for me :/

Mildly pissed off at it, really. I should be able to get the cape if I've played since 01/02... meh. Just a cape, I suppose.

Maybe try again tomorrow. A friend of mine is maxed and has offenses from over 5yrs ago and somehow he cannot get the Veteran cape...

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

I probably should've noted in my previous post that I have played since 01/02, but I was on a different account back then - I don't recall the exact time when I created Link, which is my issue. The earliest holiday item I own came from the Christmas event in 05, but I know I played a fair time before that... I just don't know how long.

So maybe Link was created in classic, or not. I really don't know :/

Link_Olaran.png

Link, my account wasn't created in Classic and I have the cape.

Same, I logged onto Classic during the few days they "re-opened" it in 2009.

That's what I mentioned to him, I believe he said he didn't do that when we spoke in game briefly.

I would have preferred a single color cape for the Milestone capes to be one color with the same increasingly elaborate designs/styles as your progress in the game advanced like they have now. Having different colored capes in no logical pattern doesn't speak of achievement to me. It is nice that you can wear earlier milestone capes, but again, it's not exactly what I preferred. And honestly, it fringes a bit too close on the completionist's cape color customizing for my liking.

Well, regardless, I'm happy that everything went smoothly and I've now got my veteran, classic, and 70s Milestone cape.

hzvjpwS.gif

im interested to see why crazy ideas will be used to rig the castle wars requirement, as in finding a way to join the team with 1 minute left and get it to count as a match, or possible having this set up in multiple worlds to where u can have a cycle of finishing the game then hopping

im fairly confident this will be tryed by some people, possibly a company set up to get noobs to quit after 19 minutes for a lump of cash

time will tell, but something tells me that 2083 hours will motivae people to find a loophole

a_final_name.png

Would love for Jagex to clarify what they mean by having logged onto Classic at some point in their characters' time. Can't get that cape despite having played since 2001, despite having logged on during that reboot period in 2009. Oh, maybe because I wasn't a paying member then. Oh wait, they said the cape was supposed to be available to ALL players. Hrm. <_<

Sorry, just slightly annoyed. Slightly. Honest. *Twitch*

really perplexed by this issue. I got mine, but i've had my rsc account active since the rs2 switch. Anyone else got it and can say how they have access to rsc(either reopenings or having the account manually activated since 04)?

Well, it got fixed it seems, whatever it was. I'm assuming people have to wait until the next reopening to get back on RSC. :-\

I think that the Castle Wars criteria should be changed, possibly to having an as full as possible costume room - it singles out one mini game and asks you to grind it for a massive length of time when there any criteria for playing all the minigames or having all of the Barbarian Assault items for example.

imagangster.png

I would have preferred a single color cape for the Milestone capes to be one color with the same increasingly elaborate designs/styles as your progress in the game advanced like they have now. Having different colored capes in no logical pattern doesn't speak of achievement to me. It is nice that you can wear earlier milestone capes, but again, it's not exactly what I preferred. And honestly, it fringes a bit too close on the completionist's cape color customizing for my liking.

Well, regardless, I'm happy that everything went smoothly and I've now got my veteran, classic, and 70s Milestone cape.

The design does get increasing elaborate slightly the colours just distract from it. And the colours do go in a logical pattern.

Dark Green (10) Lime Green (20) Yellow (30) Orangey Yellow (40) Redy Orange (5) Red (60) Pink (70) Purple (80) Blue (90)

It's a gradient of colours

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I had already said I preferred the increasingly intricate design, just that I wanted one standard color. ;)

And you can make a gradient of any pishposh of colors, gradients are just fading in and out from one color to the next. The progression of colors does not make sense nor speak to anything of increasingly difficult levels of achievement. It certainly doesn't follow the color spectrum, or any other form that I can see. That's why I consider it illogical.

hzvjpwS.gif

It follows the electronic colour spectrum.

In graphics programs the colour picker slider usually starts on red and ends on red but it goes in that order of red thru orange to yellow to green to blue to purple to pink back to red.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

At first I was like "OMG I can make 70 all skills cape!" then I remembered I've only leveled Dunge to 33 on my Main. D:

Still Veteran's Cape and Classic cape, Im happy. :3

Popoto.~<3

If it followed the electronic color spectrum (which follows the same thing as the visible light spectrum) wouldn't it have started at red? I'm sure you might be right but that still isn't very logical, or it would've started at red.

hzvjpwS.gif

I got both the classic and veterans cape. The emotes for both were pretty good, so I'm happy. The classic cape emote is good as it is, nothing too flashy.

I found it interesting that apart from all 99s, I've done everything needed for completionists other than a single task and the livid farm. That's my next goal - to do everything needed for completionists, with dugeoneering remaining my only 99+ skill.

Agreed that the colors picked for the milestone capes don't follow an obvious pattern...

I mean really... All 70s is a realistic goal for most players, 80s a bit further away but still reasonable, and they get the two colors that - again - the majority of players aren't going to want.

Dark red would have been great for 70s.

Better yet, actually, the colors should follow what one might associate with those levels.

For example, the 10s cape should be forest green and khaki, like the old default colors, because that player is still just starting out.

20 could be cream and dark grey, like cows...

40 dull turquoise and green.

60 white and red like a dragon med.

I think you see where I'm going with this.

2dgucz6.png

If it followed the electronic color spectrum (which follows the same thing as the visible light spectrum) wouldn't it have started at red? I'm sure you might be right but that still isn't very logical, or it would've started at red.

You're misinterpreting the visible spectrum with the electronic color spectrum.

This is the order of the 10's capes

milestone_capes.jpg

Consider the volume of a cube:

600px-RGB_color_solid_cube.png

Where the Cartesian coordinates (with range x;y;z at 1;1;1) are in a Euclidean space. In the electronic color spectrum, the origin (0,0,0) is the color black; this is because there is no color contribution from Red/Green/Blue. On the other hand, 1,1,1 is white, due to full contribution from all colors.

If we let X be the intensity of red, Y the intensity of blue, and Z the intensity of green, then as we fix X and Y at 0, by increasing Z, color becomes more green. If we start at 0,0,1, and end at 0,1,0, then you would get the sequence of colors as on the capes:

20z7d78.png

To skip all the Calculus jargon, the 10's cape starts at Full Green, then by adding and taking away contributions from Red and Blue, we get the color order.

For anyone who isn't aware, you only need the crafting level to make the milestone capes eg. my lowest skill is dg (55) but my crafting level is 70 so although I can only wear the 50 cape, I have made all capes up to 70.

Should be some help for the costume room...