Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Bathing

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

I've been showering almost every day for a very long time now and I haven't noticed any change in my skin's health. Just saying.

Can't really compare until you've tried not bathing for a while :P

Aye. I used to think my friends' not washing their hair was nasty, but now I do it and actually get more compliments on how nice my hair is. I'd try not showering, but at the end of a day I'm literally covered in filth. So, I take as little shower as possible.

Yeah, I've heard that hair sans shampoo (after a few months) is actually really really good...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

The Observer
[ Display Name History ]

The Observer

Lead the charge

• SwiftKit Staff
  • 12,959 posts
I shower once a day. Twice if I did some strenuous activity or if I had a pretty uhh... riveting bathroom experience.

j0xPu5R.png

httpBen
[ Display Name History ]

httpBen

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Isn't it supposed to be better if you don't use soap and just wash with water? Like after so long you body returns to its natural ways - which can't smell too bad thanks to evolution, or else pre-soap people would have never found mates.

iamsomebody1
[ Display Name History ]

iamsomebody1

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
Well it's his life so I say let him do what he likes. It won't make him sick or anything.
372nd to max total level

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis

Well it's his life so I say let him do what he likes. It won't make him sick or anything.

It could very well make the people around him sick! :P Last year in my college dorm there were a few people who rarely showered. The entire hall started smelling like their BO. It was painful.
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
Being around people that do not bathe is very unpleasant.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

blaah
[ Display Name History ]

blaah

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Fluffyzoe64
I know a girl who showers every other day and doesn't wash her hair for like five days even though her hair is really greasy. It's gross.

The skin health claim relates to how dry your skin is - the more exposure to water in general, the drier your skin gets. (but this doesn't mean don't shower after chlorine exposure, that's one case where you definitely want to shower and use lotion afterwards - my brother brought lotion to school during the swimming unit and all the guys shared with him!)

But... People tend to like being around you more if you shower/bathe. In the case of your friend, this means GIRLS. If he's interested.
/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.
Posted Image
Insert rant here

[img ] CAT [/ img]

Tim
[ Display Name History ]

Tim

Eternal Session of Sound

• Members
  • 8,846 posts

Yuck.

I shower twice a day, you can tell which people don't shower because they just look greasy and horrid.

Or have dermatitis like me and ruins their hair image because of it. :<

Popoto.~<3

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,217 posts
I don't ever bathe.

I shower :D

up until recently, on a nightly basis or else I'd feel god awful about myself. But more recently I noticed I have better hair days if I skip a shower every here and there. But I do shower every day for the most part.
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Dizzle229
[ Display Name History ]

Dizzle229

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,771 posts
  • RSN:dizzle229
Showering too often is bad for your skin, so I try to shower four days a week, sometimes 1-2 more if gym days fall on a non-shower day, so every other day, with two one right after the other.
Posted Image

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • RSN:Lose No Hope
  • Clan:DGS
I shower every day In the morning and after practice. If I don't, my hair is just long enough that it will start to clump together and look messy/greasy.

Going more than a day or two without showering is disgusting IMO. I wish your friend the best of luck on his long, dirty, and smelly journey.

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
The amount people think they need to bathe is absolutely ridiculous. Until the soap opera commercials (which is where the term comes from btw) in the 50's it was considered narcissistic to bathe more than once a week.

Also, if you're out camping for any length of time, you're better off not bathing as it will help keep bugs away.

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Bows
[ Display Name History ]

Bows

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,352 posts
You sig cracks me up ltk.

OT: Gross. Disgusting. Going longer than 24 hours without bathing is absolutely disgusting to me. I would never be able to do it.

Giordano
[ Display Name History ]

Giordano

Troll General

• Members
  • 11,438 posts
  • RSN:Pasta Cheif
  • Clan:Chef Films
I bathe once a day, sometimes I skip if I'm clean enough.

I can't believe people shower twice a day on average. Ridiculous.
"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."
Posted Image

champion
[ Display Name History ]

champion

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,176 posts

The amount people think they need to bathe is absolutely ridiculous. Until the soap opera commercials (which is where the term comes from btw) in the 50's it was considered narcissistic to bathe more than once a week.

Glad I didn't live before the '50s then. People [bleep]ing stink if they haven't bathed in the past 48 hours, easily. I think some people just don't realize how bad they smell.

...anyone else notice how bad Gamestops smell of B.O.? Or maybe that's just the one I visit but... yeah.

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Also, if you're out camping for any length of time, you're better off not bathing as it will help keep bugs away.

I'd rather not sleep in layers of dried sweat after practices and games :P

TrueBeaver
[ Display Name History ]

TrueBeaver

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • RSN:TrueBeaver
  • Clan:Red Blade Hunters
Bath day - worst day of the year.
"The chief duty of the government is to keep the peace and stand out of the sunshine of the people." - James A. Garfield
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labeled a radical 60 years ago, a liberal 30 years ago and a racist today." -Thomas Sowell
"Profits are evidence of the creation of social value, not deductions from the sum of the common good." - Kevin D. Williamson

Posted Image

#1 Warring 90+ Clan. Awesome Community. Click to join.
Posted Image

Lose No Hope
[ Display Name History ]

Lose No Hope

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Bath day - worst day of the year.

First thing that came to mind was a kitten when I saw this post.

Zierro
[ Display Name History ]

Zierro

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,253 posts
Not gonna lie. I picked my name for a reason. If we were in a bus together I would probably offend many of your nostrils, but my female-comrade finds my bird-cage scent attractive so I'm not complaining. I just don't know - it's the one niche in my life where I feel no shame nor empathy towards any of the people I may have hurt. I'm proud of who I am.

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,477 posts
Bathe man.

Bathe often

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users