Newest Administrator!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll retract my who statement and say something useful such as "don't ban me jimmy I love you".

Woah back away, he's my guy. :(

You have Y_Guy, gtfo.

HAD, he blew his chance. :(

My couch is your couch. akonsup.png

j0xPu5R.png

Yay :thumbsup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

I disagree with this promotion. Jimmy_Jim is not one of the more well known moderators on the forum (I only knew who he was after a situation in the beginning of April). I agree with a post that Aeil made earlier that has been moved to a different topic in regards to this decision. I don't feel that he is active enough in Runescape to moderate as well as others who are currently admin and those who could have received this promotion. I also feel that to be a strong admin you should be connected with the community you are in. Considering that not many knew much about him before this promotion, I don't think he has a strong enough of a connection with the community to gain the full trust of the community. I think there were other candidates that could serve better due to their knowledge of the game and involvement in the community.

I may be wrong, but for now that is what I think about this.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

Congrats!!! ^.^

Last why such a downer bro :'(* Meh even though you posted something like that you could at least congratulate him in that same very post To Be honest he was like the first Mod that gave me a Compliment does that count that I met him recently??? Well not really sure if it was a compliment persay more like a good luck thats even better :)

-Saiga Tatsumi

Peace Homies! Photographer by Day! Sword Saint by Night!

I disagree with this promotion. Jimmy_Jim is not one of the more well known moderators on the forum (I only knew who he was after a situation in the beginning of April). I agree with a post that Aeil made earlier that has been moved to a different topic in regards to this decision. I don't feel that he is active enough in Runescape to moderate as well as others who are currently admin and those who could have received this promotion. I also feel that to be a strong admin you should be connected with the community you are in. Considering that not many knew much about him before this promotion, I don't think he has a strong enough of a connection with the community to gain the full trust of the community. I think there were other candidates that could serve better due to their knowledge of the game and involvement in the community.

I may be wrong, but for now that is what I think about this.

This opinion is awfully subjective; Jimmy is extremely active on many sections of the board and very well known. While the runescape boards are important, they don't make up the forum in its entirety; there are many other sections with different needs that must be attended to.

I also don't understand how being active in Runescape possibly affects your ability to be an administrator.

What this post boils down to is basically you saying "I don't know him well, so he shouldn't be an admin".

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

This opinion is awfully subjective

Aren't all opinions? ;)

I'm speaking in regards to the Runescape forums. I've heard multiple people say they don't know who he is, and I was one of them until recently.

Considering that he is now an admin, he will be more likely to involve himself in more forum boards. This is fine unless he decides to move into the Runescape boards, which has caused problems in the past.

Also, considering that a very large portion of the forums are based around Runescape, as is the site itself, I'd expect an admin to be active in the game and know what is going on in order to make good decisions.

I never said he shouldn't be an admin, I said there are people who I think are better qualified for the position.

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

This is going to make me sound like an a-hole, but perhaps if you hadn't joined the forums less than a year ago, you would have known about him. Oh well, I tried :ohnoes:

Congrats anyways Jimmy :thumbup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Tip.It is a large forum and our Off Topic is quite separated from our Runescape, the popularity of it is one of the things I really like most, but it does unfortunately mean that you don't really get to know everyone in the community. If you don't know a person then you're certainly going to have doubts, but from my experience staff work is more about how you can deal with the community than what you know about Runescape. Sometimes it IS important to know, but that's why we have many admins.

If you really have concerns that General Discussion is lacking in administration then go ahead and PM some admins why, maybe even suggest who you think could be a good admin, but just because you think Jimmy may not be the right admin for the RS section, doesn't in any way mean that he does not deserve this :)

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Shouldn't take me a year to know who he even is. I'm not the only one who feels this way either.

I'm sorry, but I haven't really seen you around before tbh.

Maybe some people in the RS section haven't heard of him, but I bet lots of people in the rest of the site haven't heard of one or two of the RS board moderators.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Shouldn't take me a year to know who he even is. I'm not the only one who feels this way either.

to be fair, more people know who he is now than they new who I was before I was promoted. I never ventured outside of clans before I became admin.

Jimmy will be great, he has my full endorsement .

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I'm sorry, but I haven't really seen you around before tbh.

Maybe some people in the RS section haven't heard of him, but I bet lots of people in the rest of the site haven't heard of one or two of the RS board moderators.

In fact, venture into any subforum that you don't frequent, you'll see a load of new faces. Self-sustaining communities can and do exist on these forums with no interaction with the rest of it: See, Off Topic, General Discussion, Blogscape, Falador Tavern, The Gallery, the Clan forums, the Varrock Library, so on, so forth.

Congratulations, make us proud.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Jimmy hates me because I'm from NZ :(

Who are you?

Oh, you're from New Zealand, no matter.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Who are you?

I lol'd

I didn't recognize the name, but I saw your avatar and went "ohhhhhh THAT guy" haha. Gratz bro. Make it count

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Oh, I didn't post here yet?

Conga-rats!

CongaRats.gif

:twss:

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Who are you?

Got to admit, I loled also.

Congratulations Jimmy.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Who are you?

It's k Felix... We'll get him...

But congrats Jimmy, you're going to do a great job as an Admin :) :thumbup:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

All the best, Sir.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction