05-Jul-2011 - Salt in the Wound

Tim

It's not so much about them forcing DGing into quests, but more about them forcing Daemonheim into quest chains where it doesn't make any sense for it to be. In this example, Daemonheim is a square peg being pushed in a circular quest hole.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not so much about them forcing DGing into quests, but more about them forcing Daemonheim into quest chains where it doesn't make any sense for it to be. In this example, Daemonheim is a square peg being pushed in a circular quest hole.

Can't disagree there.

I've forgotten already, did the thing we get in daemonheim actually have any use in the end?

Quest which has no need for dungeoneering to be in it #1 http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/a_clockwork_syringe_members

Quest which has no need for dungeoneering to be in it #2 http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/sym_salt_in_the_wound_5_newest

As Deathknell rightly points out, the mythology behind demonheim doesn't fit either of these quests. Now if it were involved in a MOTM quest and we needed to find out more info about Bilrach or something. A Clockwork Syringe was clearly a way of enticing players who want the quest cape or like the Pirate saga to train it if they haven't already.

Also, where was the week long Farming celebration a year after it was released? Cause it's clearly the only skill Jagex have produced correctly. They seem to be trying everyone that dungeoneering is a skill when in reality it offers not much new to the game (looks at BA for 5 person team based minigame) and you're rewarded with tokens for items.. *cough minigame*. But hey, it's not as bad as MA!

asrhasrh.jpg

Can't disagree there.

I've forgotten already, did the thing we get in daemonheim actually have any use in the end?

It's gland was used to make the serum that would disrupt mother mallums mind control, which is what kennith and ezial through at her to weaken her enough for eva to attack her.

Side note:

Did anyone find a working word for eva's name?

Given her link to the knights i suspect a word play (sir tiffy cashien certification etc.) Best I got for Eva Cashien with evacuation

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nah, a Clockwork Syringe has a dungeoneering requirement. And it's not like they are the only ones forcing dungeoneering on us, to be efficient in combat at all, you better have chaotics or you are gonna get flak from anyone who runs past. Dungeoneering is just an overhyped minigame that was made into a skill so it didn't go the way of Trouble Brewing. (Do people still play that? I'm assuming they don't.)

BTW, this quest made me feel like I got violated in my circular quest hole. :shades:

But really, Jagex is painting themselves in a corner by making DGing being only about the magics of Daemonheim instead of Dungeon-delving.

There are a few places where it could be logical. ROTM for Bilrach, finding a Frem in the dungeons, etc. After that, it becomes hard and then you just end up forcing it in places where it doesn't belong.

I'm like a hot mess, but without the alcohol.

So whats going to happen with the penguin quest now that we don't have to deal with brain controled penguins taking over the other penguins?

Quest which has no need for dungeoneering to be in it #1 http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/a_clockwork_syringe_members

Quest which has no need for dungeoneering to be in it #2 http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/sym_salt_in_the_wound_5_newest

As Deathknell rightly points out, the mythology behind demonheim doesn't fit either of these quests. Now if it were involved in a MOTM quest and we needed to find out more info about Bilrach or something. A Clockwork Syringe was clearly a way of enticing players who want the quest cape or like the Pirate saga to train it if they haven't already.

Also, where was the week long Farming celebration a year after it was released? Cause it's clearly the only skill Jagex have produced correctly. They seem to be trying everyone that dungeoneering is a skill when in reality it offers not much new to the game (looks at BA for 5 person team based minigame) and you're rewarded with tokens for items.. *cough minigame*. But hey, it's not as bad as MA!

I agree that clockwork syringe didn't need to have a dg requirement. But a dg requirement for salt in the wound does fit. And its because of the mythology behind daemonheim that it does. It says in the letters that seekers do comunicate telepathically and because of that they might interefere with the sea slugs own telepathic network. So getting an item from a seeker which is only found in daemonheim does fit.

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

Dungeoneering is just an overhyped minigame that was made into a skill so it didn't go the way of Trouble Brewing.

Completely agreed, friend. It's Jagex's pet skill and they just love showing us how "awesome" it is.

Frankly, I'm hoping this whip update makes it just as good as chaotics.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

bet you that hex bow's gonna get smuggled by somebody.

actually knowing glitches there's gonna be a lot of [cabbage] going on.

The blue partyhat from the Draynor robbery cutscene can't be worn or traded. It just tells the player to tell jagex how they got it. The hexhunter bow there will probably do the same thing.

Um after getting ingredients for anti-mind control serum, the NPCs teleport out and Im left on the fishing platform. Where is this "citadel" they go to?

They "teleport" like 5 squares away from you, turn the camera south(?)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Rewards were disappointing to what i was expecting.

im guessing that Proselyte is the best we are getting?

Nah we still have the temple knight story line running, we'll get more ranks within their organisation and more armours eventually.

You can usually tell if its really a temple knight story arc quest becuz it includes using ur commorb thingy

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Great quest, nice sense of a challenge well completed with the puzzles, party mechanic worked well and allowed new things, army axe needs a knife addition, boss fight was nice but I wish we'd had to weaken the queen with a bit of combat first, given that we needed to use combat anyway it would have made sense and felt like more of an accomplishment.

I used 5 monkfish-that was all I had. I'm glad we don't get acolyte armour, because we were given proselyte to help us do this quest. It would have been more useful if the others could use prot prayers.

Dialogue was superb, but after-quest dialogue lacking: kimberly still underground, tiffy has no idea things ever happened.

And Thurgo now looks like a circus performer, or perhaps Alistair Darling with white face paint?

I'm not an efficienado.

Ok, guys, seriously, there something really bugged with this quest, in the 4th room there aren't any monsters coming. And my character cannot respond to anything, so I have to log out, in hope to reset the room. I log back in, I'm in the middle of Witchaven, and I can start over from room 1...

quest had horrible controls and the puzzles were just annoying. dialogue and humor were great, though. i love how Kenny is a jedi.

increased ammo bind is mostly useless. i want both csb/laws AND arrows, not just more arrows. oh well.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This quest truely felt like 'salt in the wound', I mean I hated this quest completely, aside from introducing that party thing again...

Why won't they go back to the old quests, where you have a hell of a lot to do, it's agonising and fun testing your abilities! Last real challenge was MEP2 imo, even WGS wasn't the hardest though I still have it a notch behind MEP2..

MEP2 was [bleep]ing evil. Although I do have to say, a lot of the new quests DO feel a lot easier then earlier quests - part of that is they're doing a lot less of the "fetch this random miscellaneous items" which can add like 10 minutes per item depending on how remote the quest is. WGS was good in my mind but a lot of the new "sequel" quests feel like they're just trying to end the storyline to make us happy as opposed to continuing the storyline in the same vein on which it was started. Still, they aren't half bad to me.

As for DG being forced into quests, I agree that Jagex just kinda screwed themselves by making DG all about Damonheim and not dungeon delving. Although I'm kinda surprised the Sagas aren't technically quests o.O

Also, I kinda liked the part with the chick dying at the end - I dunno, I like how it didn't end on a completely happy note. Kinda shows the evil of the slugs I guess.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

^Nice.

I found one as well starting in the second lever room. You have to put the other characters in front of the lever before they can pull it. Also, on some you cannot send them to the square right in front of the lever, the game tells you it is an invalid tile.

wessan.png