05-Jul-2011 - Salt in the Wound

Tim

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Large compilation! Not very spoilery. :)

o5b4vs.png

If it doesn't resize automatically I'll put in hide tags...

Got to freeze a brute without being Bruno! ;)

The center-right is of Kimberly and her family after the quest. They and their chat options don't seem to have changed at all... Nice follow-up!! :mellow:

Bottom-right: Can't bind laws with CSB. I guess I should have expected that.

2dgucz6.png

I don't think acolyte armour would have been an appropriate reward for this quest. This was more about a group of people with a common goal, one of which happened to be a Temple Knight. The mission wasn't directly given by the Temple Knights to you, and you weren't provided with the full assistance via comm orb that I'd expect with a true Temple Knight assignment.

Besides, this was really a problem you (the player) caused. They're not going to promote you again for fixing it.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

^Totally agree, and besides, one tier up would be a +10 prayer platebody and defensive stats equal to rune, nothing to get that excited over (except for pking).

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Shame we couldn't get rubium grenades. Would've been an awesome weapon to use.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

PROSAYA GRENATA

If anyone gets that, I like you.

But seriously, rewards weren't that great for the annoyance of the quest. Unless you range solo dungeons. Still, xp is xp.

PM me for fitocracy invite

PROSAYA GRENATA

If anyone gets that, I like you.

But seriously, rewards weren't that great for the annoyance of the quest. Unless you range solo dungeons. Still, xp is xp.

Resident Evil?

Anyone see the text box where Ezekial say "Foxtrot, Tango... um... Whiskey!!!" aka FTW?

I laughed a little bit about that one.

Ftw

Nani mo dekinai

Chanto dekinai

Sore ga dou shita?

Bokura wa wakai'n da

Nanimo dekinai

Sugu ni dekinai

Dakara bokura ni kanou sei ga aru'n da

~AKB48

I really liked the quest storywise. Jagex humor always seems to win, at least for me.

The problems with this quest was the puzzles were really stupid, simple, plain and easy. They were hard because it took me forever to have any idea how to control those characters.

I don't do quests for their rewards anyways, just for the joy of it and I liked this one really.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

quest had horrible controls and the puzzles were just annoying. dialogue and humor were great, though. i love how Kenny is a jedi.

increased ammo bind is mostly useless. i want both csb/laws AND arrows, not just more arrows. oh well.

Amen.

"He
really
calls himself Noobz?"

Sheep.gif

[hide=STATS]Noobz.png[/hide]

So whats going to happen with the penguin quest now that we don't have to deal with brain controled penguins taking over the other penguins?

I agree that clockwork syringe didn't need to have a dg requirement. But a dg requirement for salt in the wound does fit. And its because of the mythology behind daemonheim that it does. It says in the letters that seekers do comunicate telepathically and because of that they might interefere with the sea slugs own telepathic network. So getting an item from a seeker which is only found in daemonheim does fit.

Interesting bit of info. I was wondering about the penguin side of the plot myself.

The party controls for this quest were just terrible. People say they are an improvement over the frem saga's controls when they were released?

I've been putting off doing the fem sagas, I'm not sure if I want to do them anymore if the controls are as poorly implemented...

DEGqA.pngQtYSR.pngHY2Ll.png

I think people have trouble separating issues of the controls vs the camera; skimming over the thread it seems a lot of people are moaning about how the party controls are bad; but judging by the more in-depths comments the issue was the camera and not the actual controls mostly with a few cases of not knowing the controls and obviously not pressing the pretty prominent info button to see instructions.

Personally I found the camera annoying for sure, but the controls themselves were quite nice. Few things I'd like to see added in future though:

1) Some way to give them food and pots to STORE and self use (more like the saga had) opposed to hoping they survive the battle so u can feed them bk up.

1a) An extra button to make them pot if they had pots.

2) Some sort of multi-select system that wasn't just group. (so for example you can easily send ken and eza to attack the plinth monsters without eva). Though this ain't vital.

3) Force the "info" screen to come up the first time you use the system. A fair few people seem to of complained about not knowing controls and obviously never tried pressing the "I" info button; which covered everything nicely

4) Sort the camera out so it actually moves with party members, not jump to where they are moving to even if it's miles away.

But all in all I liked the controls, just let down by the camera.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I had a rather awkward moment for about 10 seconds while first chatting with Eva because of my name... :-?

mageslugquest001.png

mageslugquest002.png

mageslugquest003.png

mageslugquest004.png

Maybe I should've been plain instead considering she cursed at us mages. =(

My friends made pures today and got this message:

110706141417.png

I think they're both convinced now. In all seriousness, though, this is really desperate.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

110706141417.png

I think they're both convinced now. In all seriousness, though, this is really desperate.

This is as bad as the pop-up for the artisan workshop upon successful completion of the bronze ceremonial sword in F2P.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

This is as bad as the pop-up for the artisan workshop upon successful completion of the bronze ceremonial sword in F2P.

The saddest thing about all these complaints from free players is that if you look at the server distribution and players that are online, free servers are dominantly half full while members servers have alot more players on them. I'm surprised jagex hasn't taken away a large portion of the free servers for p2p sake, yet. They clearly appreciate free players alot more than most of the members do.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

The saddest thing about all these complaints from free players is that if you look at the server distribution and players that are online, free servers are dominantly half full while members servers have alot more players on them. I'm surprised jagex hasn't taken away a large portion of the free servers for p2p sake, yet. They clearly appreciate free players alot more than most of the members do.

I see them more as half-empty. Anywhere from 300-400 F2Pers in each world are gold farmers. (I get these numbers from continual observation comparing the population before an update to the population two hours after the update.)

They do ought to reduce the number of F2P worlds. I'd like to see all the shenanigans in a full world between legitimate players and bots. Heheheh.

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats

[hide]

110706141417.png

[/hide]

That is unacceptable. I've kept myself quiet about the Loyalty Programme, but that's really wrong. MMG has somehow become what he originally claimed to hate the most, the CEO who thinks F2P is a demo for the member's game and thinks it's alright to bug F2Pers into upgrading.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

That is unacceptable. I've kept myself quiet about the Loyalty Programme, but that's really wrong. MMG has somehow become what he originally claimed to hate the most, the CEO who thinks F2P is a demo for the member's game and thinks it's alright to bug F2Pers into upgrading.

Hey, excuse me, mister, but isn't Jagex a company? Yes? They have the right to try and make money any way they want, yes? What's wrong with making F2Pers view in-game ads when they have advertising banners inset at the top anyhow? Who cares what they said in the past! F2Pers should consider themselves lucky they get to play the game at all!

I don't have to put a sarcasm tag on this, do I?

That view aside, you are correct about MMG.

1emk2e.png