Is this game even playable anymore?

PumpkinPete112

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it's not that bad (since I really don't do much of the stuff that is botted) they keep the prices for low. lol. So don't excpect to make alot of money with gathering skills(well farming, since u prob can't bot that).

Mostly it's more the idea, that people are getting "free money" and that goldfarmers run their bots and sell gp irl. Some may have other views

tuuskukk.png

Is this forum even readable anymore?

Because of bot threads of course.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

As long as you have a computer with internet connection Runescape is playable.

Jk aside, I never noticed bots to do anything negative for me, so I'd say Runescape is playable. Just like it has always been.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

there are real people like myself playing. To answer your question, yes, it is playable.

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

Is the game unplayable because of bots? No.

Do I sometimes become annoyed by the bots? Yes.

The thing that annoys me is not the fact they exist but the fact the gold they make on them is usually being sold for their benefit. That followed by others who buy the golds benefit in the game, I guess, eh.

Vit0c0rleone.png

F2p is pretty much unplayable but mems is alright.

I can tell you firsthand that is not true.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Well basically this is a bad time to make money by gathering any raw resource and selling it. It is, however, an excellent time to spend money by buying raw resources and using them to get experience.

I personally don't have any issues playing the game due to bots. Just minor annoyances such as blue dragon tasks (forcing me to go to Kuradel's dungeon) or black demon tasks (chaos tunnels).

j0xPu5R.png

Doesn't make much difference to my actual gameplay that I can see. Still is playable.

The number of players per world isn't that different than it has ever been, just less of them are inclined to have a conversation. - not that the average conversation in skilling areas was ever that stimulating.

The only thing members really notice is frost dragon, which just happens to be (or used to be, rather) the best consistent money maker for members. Otherwise I really don't see any other bots, even though I know they exist.

w4M8t.png

A friend showed me a screenshot of this bot running.

The lolzy thing about it was that it's a "trolling bot."

It runs around following people and smacktalking them, then logs how many of then say things like gtfo, stfu.

PM me in game anytime

It's a lot easier then that for an idiot to sound smart on the internet.

That's exactly what you're doing right now... just saying.

Some manage to ignore the crowd of bots at resource spots. Others are forced to live with them.

No one here can tell you if it's unbearable or not, we'll all have our own dissenting opinions. My advice is that you go and see it for yourself.

Linux User/Enthusiast | Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

At members, I can live with it, at LRC for example, the bots are good flesh-shields against those rock creatures.

At f2p, it is a bit harder to live with. I have a free to play account, and it's a real pain to train wc and mining. The willows at Draynor get chopped so fast that it takes twice as long to get an inventory full of logs. So I'm forced to chop willows at that little lake near the HAM-hideout, which lessens my exprates. Also, mining is quite hard because of the competition for ores, esspecially at the good spots as at the two iron rocks just across the resource dungeon at Dwarven Mines. So I've resorted to train mining in dungeoneering. :s

Is this forum even readable anymore?

Because of bot threads of course.

Ba-zing!

Ofc it's still playable; Look at all the bots playing non-stop!

Now, a better question... Is it as enjoyable as it once was? Not at all.

09144a99bb.png

Long break? Don't even bother then. The game is unplayable. Not because of bots, but because of the sheer fact that it's near impossible to get back to playing at that point. There's only two things fun to do: nex and dungeoneering. And to be honest, I don't even know about nex, since it takes near maxed stats to do. As for dungeoneering, it's only fun if you do it with some friends. Dgs is tolerable, if you've dungeoneered to a decent level before. Other than that, they're way too elitist to find fun. Pvm (other than nex, and maybe the corporeal beast; but again, that takes decent stats and drops are unbelievably rare) isn't fun, specially with your stats. Skilling is just outright stupid. The whole game is just a grindfest relying on skinner's box mechanics. There's only two ways I see you can get addicted to this:

1. You got hooked when you were 11 years old, like me ( and yes, by surfing this site, I admit that the game is incredibly addicting once you manage to get hooked to it).

2. You got hooked during the 2001-2005 era, when the idea of an online mmo was still novel.

I haven't played for a few months now, and I've been playing less than 1 hour a day for a year now. But I still find myself being drawn to log in to the game. Except whenever I log in nowadays, I just lobby stand. Every once in a while, a good friend logs in (most have quit), and I goof around with them (like doing 9001gp f2p magic stakes). But I can't find the will to actually do something productive in the game. With your stats so low, and not having played for years now, I'd just outright quit before I'd get hooked again. Drop all of your stuff (it's probably not even worth much now), don't renew your membership, and find yourself coming back to the game less and less until you quit. The game is unbearable at this point.

I'll probably get disagreed on and flamed because I'm on one of the oldest runescape fansite on the internet, where most people left are probably very loyal to runescape. And that's fine. I just felt the need to share my opinion because I felt the OP was in a very similar situation as me. But I'm not a mind reader, and the OP + everybody else is fully allowed to disagree with my feelings.

Now, a better question... Is it as enjoyable as it once was? Not at all.

Damnit, I could've just said this instead of wasting 20 minutes on a few paragraphs long post. But whatever, I liked writing that. Felt like getting something off of my chest.

Everything is playable if you use your imagination. Pretend those bots are real players.

Go Free to Play and see for yourself. Go get a 30 days membership and see for yourself.

They don't bother me much, only when they pop up and steal/train on my training spot. Lulz!

Dark_Yeng.png

2002 - 2003 RuneScape Classic Clans: Wild Dawgs (WD). Court of Dragons (CoD). BlacKnights (BK). Black Dragon Knights (BDK).

2009 - 2010 RuneScape 2 Clan/Team: Hardly Dead (HD). Ex-Team Silent Ember (SE).

~ Hmong Pride ~

they cause the prices to be low making most decent consistent money makers to be not worth doing anymore. There is no point in some skills like WCing since logs are so cheap, or fishing, mining, etc, all gathering skils which used to be decent money makers are not anymore. Now you have to PVM or stake to make money. Everyone says farming is good money, but the more people that do it, the less of a money maker it is, and it isnt even that good a money maker at that. People say it is only 5 minutes but it isnt, there is gear set up, stopping what you were doing, the actual farm run and then banking and gearing back up and return to what you were doing, so it is more like 15-20 minutes all told for a farm run, to make 150K profit, so that isnt that good.

thegame1431.png