15-Sep-2011 - RuneScape Classic: The Final Countdown

The Observer

ScreenShot028.png

I was refused a Classic cape when they released them, when I posted a JMod moron on the forums who made me look like an idiot, told me if I had played I would have the cape and caused people to troll me with GF newb can suck my balls because here is my proof I played Classic >.<

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I logged on my level 51 account in full iron and immediatly

LOL THIS SUX

FREE STUFF PLESE

HAHA NOW I HAVE THE CAPE, GETTING OF THIS PIECE OF _____

FREE STEEL1 CAN I GET FREE STUFF PLEASE

logged out

my poor memories :(

I understand exactly what you mean. There's quite a difference in-between new players today and those who were new when RSC was the main RS.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Thought it would be nice to get one of my first accounts ever to have another run through Runescape Classic, it's still a 9 HP account and I never transferred items and stuff over to RS2 so I kinda hoped when I logged back in, I may have a bit of cash or items left over on it.

Sadly I was spawned at Tutorial Island with all my stats wiped...including my 9HP.

newvsold.png

Funny seeing the same account with 9 HP still in current runescape yet starting off with 10 in RSC. Curses, wish I still had some stats, I knew it was good in mining.

I've gave up RSC on Jon Arcane because it's a nightmare to build myself up to the level I need to be to complete Legends quest with no money or methods of making money. I'm hoping starting off with a noob and getting a few quest rewards will help me to start again and fulfil a goal I never completed haha!

I logged in but didn't like the look of it so logged off a minute later and went back to normal-RS.

This.

RSC Classic was decent back in the day but nothing spectacular. Looking at it now remembering how [cabbage]ty it was makes me thankful for RS2

ScreenShot028.png

I was refused a Classic cape when they released them, when I posted a JMod moron on the forums who made me look like an idiot, told me if I had played I would have the cape and caused people to troll me with GF newb can suck my balls because here is my proof I played Classic >.<

Same situation here bub. At least I can get the cape this time... but only 2242 days this time :P

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

So now the entire point of a classic cape is ruined. Good job Jagex.

They have opened RSC a few times previously already. Hence how I got my own classic cape months ago.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Guide is busy at the moment

Just keep spam clicking, after talking to the first guide it gets a lot easier.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Just keep spam clicking, after talking to the first guide it gets a lot easier.

Or go to the top left icon for the menu's and click to skip the tutorial.

I find it nice to see how the tutorial was back then, so similar to the tutorial island in RS2. Nvm the rest of it don't want to level in RSC :P

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

unledrb.png

lol @ beggars

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

It seems like they're pushing classic, even though they're closing. Maybe they think it'll draw more players in to paying for membership.

As for the classic cape, I'm not too bothered. The item has no stats(as I recall), plus it's not like it was difficult to get before. I signed up for classic during one of the openings a couple years ago and I can surely get the cape. It should be that only veteran players who've had classic accounts since version two was released get a cape, but they can't take that direction now.

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

jijilentosmi.png

How skills felt so accomplished and rewarding back then... I really wish this final reopening wasn't the official death of it. Sure there are 500 players on it right now, but in a few months that will most likely dwindle down to the teens again. I personally don't care for the classic cape. It's not like it meant you were around in during RS1 anyway.

FairTraders.net (Merchant Guides + Grand Exchange Update Notifier)

Get FREE Grand Exchange updates through the website, by email, or through your mobile device!

ftsig.png

Anyone know how many people regularly played classic before the re-opening/how many we can expect to stick around?

tl;dr Should I waste my time on classic if there wont be anyone else to play with in 3 months?

It is doable, stay! :smile:

I played +- two weeks the last reopening, it was hell: shop stocks were depleted and training spots were packed.

Began playing again a week or two ago (year and a half after the last reopening?) and it was a dream: shop stocks were full and if you encounter someone, they are friendly and helpful.

RSC has a much older/nicer community compared to RS2.

Onrelated:

Killed a lvl 172 in the grand tree quest yesterday at 52 cb in classic, such an adrenalin rush! :thumbsup:

Did Ritual Of The Mahjarrat today on RS2, sentiment afterwards: 'meh...' :razz:

Guess I like being a noob. :cool:

I really wanna get some of the members classic quests done (Did all the f2p back in the day) But its rough without armor/weapons. Anyone aware of whats a good money maker today and how much I should be spending on rune items?

Since so few players play these days, only expect to find rune in there respected shops so around 150k for a set. Money wise, you best bet is smithing then selling to shops as running into another player is pretty slim and the chances of them actually wanting to buy, whatever it is you have, is rare.

I do understand the nostalgia for classic, but I honestly don't see why so many people get so hyped up when Jagex opens it back up. It was fun back in the day, but to play it now after so many years is an experience I never want to put myself through ever again.

Most people who stuck around classic after RS2 launched ended up botting or moved on to RS2 anyways..

tFtfA.jpg