Tip.It Times - 6th November 2011

tripsis

Time for a new release of the: >>>Tip.It Times!<<<

I'd like to remind people of the rules pertaining to Times threads:

[hide=Read these rules before posting in this thread]

Rampant flame wars have taken control of virtually every week's times discussion topics. The following guidelines must be followed when posting on this topic. Posts that ignore these guidelines will be removed.

1. You are invited and welcome to express like or dislike on articles and a particular author's writing style. It is not acceptable, however, to flame or personally insult an author. Posts that aren't anything but an attack will be removed from the topic.

2. Spelling and grammar errors can be reported to tripsis by PMing her and they will be fixed promptly. It is not necessary to post them on the discussion topic.

3. Off topic posts that do not discuss the content of that week's articles will be removed. This is not the place to discuss the direction of the times, how much you love or hate the times, etc. Off topic posts will be removed.

By keeping within these guidelines, Times discussion topics will mean more for the Panel and Administration than just a place for flame wars. Flame wars do not provide any useful feedback to the Times, which is mainly what we're aiming for with these topics: feedback.

This policy is effective as of now, November 17, 2010. Any posts prior to the creation of this policy may or may not be removed according to the new guidelines.

[/hide]

When replying please make sure to clarify the article you are replying to! Thanks!

If you spot any typos or mistakes in the article then please PM them to me :)

Enjoy the articles!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Runefest article was awesome :D Can't wait to hopefully go next year! Also well jealous you got to meet Mod Chrisso! :P I spend a lot of time in his FC when I'm online and he's a fellow metal and F1 fan!

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Chuckled at the "Best Costumes" picture. Two guys in epic looking robes and armour, and finally ... the guy with the boxy looking Profound Platebody.

That's Castle Wars, bahaha xD

The idea is that people (I assume NPCs) go out on their bots,

Typo :P

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

There are few times I am sad about living in Sweden. One of those times was today, after having finished the RuneFest article. So much fun...And I missed it all just because it is so far to go there and I don't have the money to travel (poor student = me :( ).

Great set of articles, as always.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

The 'resources' article described a hypothetical world that was pretty much the way WoW has been for the past 4 years. So yes, there's obviously a market for it, not really the same market that RS is currently aimed at perhaps, and it would be taking RS from its own niche into a more competitive niche. Sounds like a bad idea to me.

Loved all the pictures from runefest, makes me wish I didn't live an ocean away. <_<

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

lol Tripsis you cropped me out the shot :P

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Five articles this week o.O and to think I was going to submit one this week lol

;) Worse-case scenario we could've put it to next week too hehe.

Runefest article was neat! Fictionals were good this week as well, maybe the two black/white knight storylines will crossover?

I personally would rather not have my story crossover (no offense to the other authors), simply because I already have a whole storyline mapped out, although not to the end yet; Chapter 2 is already in my head and ready to go soon. :oops:

Plus it didn't work out too good when we had Saradomin's Sun, War Running, and A Dying Flame in previous years it feels like, i.e. the story was great, but it's hard to mesh the stories together when you don't know what the original creators had in mind.

Awesome article and great pictures. :) Thanks for sharing.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

I personally would rather not have my story crossover (no offense to the other authors), simply because I already have a whole storyline mapped out, although not to the end yet; Chapter 2 is already in my head and ready to go soon. :oops:

Plus it didn't work out too good when we had Saradomin's Sun, War Running, and A Dying Flame in previous years it feels like, i.e. the story was great, but it's hard to mesh the stories together when you don't know what the original creators had in mind.

Can do a crossover after both storylines are pretty much finished.

That Grande hot chocolate with no whipped cream gave me the caffeine I needed

Hot chocolate doesn't have caffeine. :P

Really enjoyed the Runefest article, the pictures made me wish I was there!

Does too! :P

The very small amount of caffeine found in cocoa may also be a concern, though a typical eight ounce cup of hot chocolate contains nine milligrams of caffeine, while an eight ounce cup of coffee may contain up to 133 milligrams depending on the brand.

Just not a lot :-w

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Really enjoyed the Runefest article, the pictures made me wish I was there!

Well, chocolate does contain theobromine, a compound very closely related to caffeine. Iirc the difference is one active group (methyl vs NH

-group.) [/chem nerd]

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Well, chocolate does contain theobromine, a compound very closely related to caffeine. Iirc the difference is one active group (methyl vs NH

-group.) [/chem nerd]

Does too! :P
The very small amount of caffeine found in cocoa may also be a concern, though a typical eight ounce cup of hot chocolate contains nine milligrams of caffeine, while an eight ounce cup of coffee may contain up to 133 milligrams depending on the brand.

Just not a lot :-w

I stand corrected then. :P

The tour of RuneFest was a great read. Thanks to Tripsis, Mage_UK and Siobhana for doing a great job representing us - even if you did fail miserably at the pub quiz. Perhaps next year you guys should have more quiz and less pub. :wink: :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Thanks for posting this. I've been waiting for the pictures for ages!

By the way, anyone got pictures of the food? LOL.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)