HYT Friend Chat has a new home!

Serpent Eye

UPDATE 16-NOV-2011: The new/updated rules for the HYT Friend Chat have been posted in the Clan Chat Directory topic. They may be found here: http://forum.tip.it/topic/263779-clan-chat-directory-post-your-chat-info-here/page__st__120__p__5096223?do=findComment&comment=5096223 If you have any questions or concerns about these rules, please PM me.

Hey you Tip.Iters! |^_^|

In lieu of recent events, I'd like to make a quick announcement just in case anyone has a puzzled look on their face! For the past few years, my good friend Shyla (you may know her as twiley or Lady Heinous) has been the owner of HYT Friend Chat, often coined the "Official 'Unofficial' Tip.It Chat." She was the third-generation owner, following the leaderships of ForsakenMage and Lightning. Our chat is not a 'specialized' chat in the sense that we aren't a PKing or warring clan, nor are we a skilling clan. HYT is simply a place to hang out and chat with friends and hopefully have a good time, talking about a variety of subjects including RuneScape-related ones.

Sadly, Shyla retired from actively playing RuneScape on Saturday, November 5, 2011. I can't, and wouldn't try, to speak for her, so you'll have to contact her for the gory details.

That being said, Shyla has passed ownership of the HYT Friend Chat to me. I am honored that the torch has passed to me, and will do my best to maintain a friendly and inviting chat; it's my sincerest hope that chatting in HYT can be as fun for you as it is for me.

You may now join HYT Friend Chat by using my RuneScape username,
Serpent Eye
Please note that there is a space in between the two, unlike my forum name.

Shyla has changed the name of her channel to [serpent Eye] in the hope of pointing inquiring minds to my channel. She has also disabled chatting in her channel, so even if you continue to join it, it's going to be awfully quiet!

For the time being, we will continue to follow the latest rules set in place by Shyla. The HYT Friend Chat rules can be found in the Clan Chat Directory topic in General Discussion. [link: http://forum.tip.it/topic/263779-clan-chat-directory-post-your-chat-info-here/page__st__100__p__3844905entry3844905 ] A revised list of rules will be posted in the Directory as time permits.

If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me on forums or in-game. Again, my RuneScape username is Serpent Eye and my Private Chat is always set to On. Look forward to seeing you!

Thanks,

- Serpent Eye

(Moderators or Admins, I'm posting this here on advice from a Tip.It Admin as I wasn't quite sure where it should go. Sorry if it's a bit out of place and I understand if it has to be moved elsewhere, although I'd like to believe they didn't lead me astray. :P)

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

It's a shame to see Shyla retire, but she's been a great chat owner for a good 2 years.

Good luck, Serp :ohnoes:

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Amg serpy nows owns the chat. Thanks for the thread - I would've never known. Lady h should prob change her chat title to your name just to redirect peeps.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

I remember the lightning days +)

I stopped joining in the chat after it changed +(

2880_s.gif

[spoiler=Clans]Current Events Leader of Tal Shiar Alliance

Current Raid Leader of Wilderness Guardians

Current Old School Power Ranger of Team Power Rangers

Current Member of Clan Europe

Ex Member of Team Dark Legacy (R.I.P)

Ex Paladin of Old Age Militos Deci

Ex Leader of New Age Militos Deci

Ex Early Veteran of Pk Masters (R.I.P)

I was wondering when an announcement would be made about this. Good luck, Serpy. We'll try not to be too hard on you. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

HYT is dead! Long live HYT!

Ah well, glad to see that the torch passed to you Serpy, you know my entire feelings on the whole sorry shenanigans with the CC and the FC and so for the most part I've spent the past few months hanging out in Mod Chrisso's Chat... However, now that you're chat leader I might endevour to come into HYT every now and then.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

SERPENT EYE WILL TEAR US ALL LIMB FROM LIMB!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Serpent for president.

Glad the torch was passed onto you, couldn't see anybody more deserving <3:

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

My presumption is that I can't join in the fun?

Why not? Did you do something to get you kicked? lol

Admittedly, I have wronged in the past - a different version of myself that I actually loathe. Despite having changed as a character, the associated stigma - the depiction of my character has not changed (being labelled a troll, a 'wbm' - whatever that entails, etc.)

I do wonder if it could change - in the future, or the foreseeable future, though.

To answer your question: yes, I was initially 'temporarily chat-banned' which changed to 'permanent ban' as a result of failed negotiations (let's just say I was persistent).

I wonder if I could get a second chance...

My presumption is that I can't join in the fun?

Why not? Did you do something to get you kicked? lol

Admittedly, I have wronged in the past - a different version of myself that I actually loathe. Despite having changed as a character, the associated stigma - the depiction of my character has not changed (being labelled a troll, a 'wbm' - whatever that entails, etc.)

I do wonder if it could change - in the future, or the foreseeable future, though.

To answer your question: yes, I was initially 'temporarily chat-banned' which changed to 'permanent ban' as a result of failed negotiations (let's just say I was persistent).

I wonder if I could get a second chance...

It is a new regime after all, you can ask the owner for letting you off maybe on a shorter leash than others. Just pm him/her and hope for the best.

Yay for HYT chat, and go Serpy. :D (pity he smells) You got big shoes to fill too after all the great pervious owners but im sure you'll do amazing with all the passion and hard work behind the scenes you put in day in day out for the chat. with having to cope with my noob self along the way

Yay for HYT chat, and go Serpy. :D (pity he smells) You got big shoes to fill too after all the great pervious owners but im sure you'll do amazing with all the passion and hard work behind the scenes you put in day in day out for the chat. with having to cope with my noob self along the way

Don't worry, Serpy has big feet!

and you aren't the only noob he has to deal with ;)

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!