Vanity Items - RS Prepaid cards and Ornate Katana

Articultural

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, that looks sexy. >.< I honesty don't want to support this but that's the only way I can buy membership atm. :/

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I just thought I'd make my opinion known, but, I don't see why people's reactions to this has to be so harsh.

I can't see this being the "slippery slope" to lead to micro-transactions.

What they are doing looks more like what I remember Gaiaonline doing with their cash cards, you buy the membership (or in their case "Gcash") and then get a bonus item for doing so depending on where you bought the card. The item in relation to the stuff you get by using the card is almost meaningless, but with them the items were actually tradeable and eventually were pretty cheap which means everyone had a chance at acquiring the item at least. (my only grudge here since I don't use the cards)

What they are doing looks more like what I remember Gaiaonline doing with their cash cards, you buy the membership (or in their case "Gcash") and then get a bonus item for doing so depending on where you bought the card. The item in relation to the stuff you get by using the card is almost meaningless, but with them the items were actually tradeable and eventually were pretty cheap which means everyone had a chance at acquiring the item at least. (my only grudge here since I don't use the cards)

If these were tradeable, that would be the same as selling ingame gold. Which is a step further in the wrong direction imo. Oh well, they probably won't make this item available to all payment methods, so your idea might even be less worse then. :unsure:

That sword looks good! Now waiting on the third RWT-item with Runefest...

I actually went to GameStop yesterday. The advertisement for this promotion was right above the subscription cards for all games, and looked/was phrased just like all the other promotions they do. I'm pretty confident that this was just to get GameStop to carry them, although that may be false because they may have had them previously too... #-o

2dgucz6.png

Ye I'm going to gamestop.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

If these were tradeable, that would be the same as selling ingame gold.

Right, which is why I think that they did, well, good with the way they did this.

(except for how most of the people that want it probably wont get it)

got one

since its "decorative", i had to play with it a little :oops:

[spoiler=Pics]

rskatanarecieve.png

goldhold.png

blackhold.png

its funny, theres no mention of it til u log into the game

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

blackhold.png

Whats the armour in this pic? i've been gone a long time :P

Looks really well designed although :o Is there a destroy option? Where does it say you can get it back if it is lost?

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

blackhold.png

Looks really well designed although :o Is there a destroy option? Where does it say you can get it back if it is lost?

Vyrewatch body, boots, legs

Classic cape, hood

I think the gloves were from the gold mining uniform

Katana

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

blackhold.png

Classic cape, hood

Katana

mobilising army gloves, or flame gloves I think

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

blackhold.png

Classic cape, hood

Katana

Nope, i own neither

blackhold.png

Classic cape, hood

Katana

Nope, i own neither

bronze RFD gloves?

[hide=Drops]Dragon: Spear x1, Med helm x3, legs x2, pickaxe x1, skirt x3, scimitar x1

Barrows: DH helm x1, Verac Brassy x2, Karil Skirt x1, Ahrim Hood x2, Guthan Spear

GWD: Arma Helm x1

Other: Handcannon x4, Leaf Bladed Sword x3[/hide]

[spoiler=Quotes]

blackhold.png

Classic cape, hood

Katana

Nope, i own neither

bronze RFD gloves?

they're Gold Mining Goves

[spoiler=Equip]

darkcostu.png

Hmm, I was kind of wondering.

Seeing as only US members can buy the pre paid card, does that mean they are the only ones that are able to redeem it?

Say you have a friend that lives in the US while you live in Europe. He buys a card, scans the card and send it to your email or whatever. Are you then able to get the item?

It's kind of the same deal with PSN.

I'm half expecting the next newspost to be 'Great news guys, we sold the company to a large RWT store!'

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Hmm, I was kind of wondering.

Seeing as only US members can buy the pre paid card, does that mean they are the only ones that are able to redeem it?

Say you have a friend that lives in the US while you live in Europe. He buys a card, scans the card and send it to your email or whatever. Are you then able to get the item?

It's kind of the same deal with PSN.

I believe the way the prepaid card works is that you can only redeem them in the state you bought them.

While this whole situation is extremely frustrating to those of us who pay our membership through credit cards month after month at least in the Q and A Nexus addresses the possibility of releasing it to others who use different payment methods in the future.

TSGsignaturev2.png

"I think that if the devil doesn't exist, then man has created him. He has created him in his own image and likeness." ~Dostoyevsky

Day after the promotion ends:

"We have decided that this item was most suited for this promotion alone."

- What about the people who were holding off getting it until later?

"Don't worry, with our next promotion there will be a brand new and awesome looking item to enjoy!"

What worries me is, I've heard them say similar things to the above. If I find a card with the item, I'm buying it for the item and taking the extra membership that comes with the item.