Vanity Items - RS Prepaid cards and Ornate Katana

Articultural

Can someone confirm if this new katana deal is fake or not?

Go into a GAME store. Look on their website. Don't rely on people to tell you or you might end up getting fooled some day...

runescape.png

https://gamewallet.game.co.uk/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Katana = FAKE, it was in junk email, I'm registered to Game and there's nothing on their site or RS about it.

Thievingcapesigcopy.png

Jeffery.png

180th to 99 Divination + 1st W36er

Rambo, cannot pk call your friends bro :). Wait nevermind none of SAPK/PKS can. Kappa.

Katana = FAKE, it was in junk email, I'm registered to Game and there's nothing on their site or RS about it.

Real emails can get caught up in false positives ya know?... If you are registered to the GAME website then click GAMEwallet and then you'll see a massive banner (see my post above) for the Katana.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

How can you seriously complain about this? You can easily go out and buy one of the cards if you want one of these VANITY items so badly.

I guess you would have to leave the house to do that though.

Do you realize not everyone lives in the UK or a country where they sell the cards at?

It would cost me 10k$ to travel there and buy one of those game cards.

How can you seriously complain about this? You can easily go out and buy one of the cards if you want one of these VANITY items so badly.

You do realize so far the promotion has been offered once in the US, and now in the UK? Any players from countries outside these two did not have the chance to get it at all.

2480+ total

You do realize so far the promotion has been offered once in the US, and now in the UK? Any players from countries outside these two did not have the chance to get it at all.

It's been once in the UK, then went to the US, then Australia and now through GAMEwallet.

I was lucky enough to be on holiday in the US when the promotion was going on.

With the exchange rate, it was the same price as my discount membership price as well. :P

• 1 month later...

Now you can get a barbed bow for 90/100d game card.

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Now you can get a barbed bow for 90/100d game card.

WTF is wrong with Jagex?

Make the damn cards available worldwide before you start doing such campaigns. :shame:

The loyal credit card users once again get nothing.

So any images on this Barbed Bow? (and like above, they really should cater to Credit Card users, and not just sweeten it over with "Loyalty Rewards".

EDIT: Gross. I'd prefer the Katana. What a hideous item for a "Vanity Item".

Popoto.~<3

So any images on this Barbed Bow? (and like above, they really should cater to Credit Card users, and not just sweeten it over with "Loyalty Rewards".

Thanks for posting a picture for all of us to see!

Regardless I don't know why everyone is so upset. It is a useless item you will throw away or keep in the bank forever.

Thanks for posting a picture for all of us to see!

Regardless I don't know why everyone is so upset. It is a useless item you will throw away or keep in the bank forever.

There is a picture of it on the main Runescape page.

Give people some time to actually get it in game and post some screenshots.

4e0Vn.png

Because having membership until September 2012 isn't long enough.

They could've at least waited until Easter and released an Easter item. Not that they aren't planning on doing that. I know they are.

. . . I just bought a 90 day card last week too. #-o

EDIT: Oh wait... REDEEMED between those dates... Okay brb.

EDIT: Okay... Ew.

qAL1j.gif

9nXt8.gif

1PR0E.gif

Dont know if i dislike the ice mask more or the bow. They're rushing these promoes too fast, not good development for a costmetic... wasnt there anything special about the arrow shooting with the bow?

Katana is still far the best promo so far.

As said in the FAQ these promoes will be used for shop promoes at first but later on in other offers, so in the end for the patient one will get the chance to get it too through bank cards.

Edit: ForsakenMage is there anything particular interesting in firing the bow?

. . . I just bought a 90 day card last week too. #-o

EDIT: Oh wait... REDEEMED between those dates... Okay brb.

EDIT: Okay... Ew.

qAL1j.gif

9nXt8.gif

1PR0E.gif

Wow, that bow looks rather...plain. I mean yeah it's got the barb look I guess, just..meh. I'll just stick with my original method of payment. :blink:

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png