Vanity Items - RS Prepaid cards and Ornate Katana

Articultural

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbf they SHOULD make all the membership vanity items available to ALL membership types. I certainly wouldn't object to throw an extra month onto the end of my membership via paypal to get them, but game cards are like impossible for me to get.

This ice mask is ugly, but 6 for the price of 4? I'll take tht ta muchly. Got membs til sept 2012 now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If the fine print is to be believed, they did learn something. This is available to credit card/paypal subscribers.

Still nothing for recurring memberships, of course, but it's 'progress'.

Not really learnt anything.

Sure this one doesn't exclude people unable to get game cards, but why do they have game cards?

Because not everyone can pay by credit card or paypal; so they are jsut excluding thoose people this time.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Not really learnt anything.

Sure this one doesn't exclude people unable to get game cards, but why do they have game cards?

Because not everyone can pay by credit card or paypal; so they are jsut excluding thoose people this time.

Hence 'Progress'. With the single quotes. :razz:

Yet another one... <_<

icemask.png

At least it's got a rebate. If you see yourself playing for the next 6 months, then paying for 4 months and getting 6 is a good deal.

2480+ total

I actually don't mind the new offer. All it is really, is a discount of two months and I mean the item is just a bonus to me. I'll probally never use it but as I normally wait last minute to buy membership I normally end up using my phone because I don't have a credit card nor a store that sells game cards reasonably close. $10 a pop, Bam. ..But convient. This offer gives me 6 months ($60 my cost) for 24 and change using paypal. Thats a savings of $36 off or over three months free. Pretty awesome, no?

Also for you long term monthly members, You save money every month, Do you not? I would think this would be as big or bigger of an advantage over an 'ugly mask' that you probally wouldn't use anyways. Thats pretty awesome as well, I think. Also there is nothing stopping you from accepting this offer either as far as I know. A friend of mine pays by monthly credit card payments and now I from what I get he hasn't lost his discount except hes paid for the next six months before it comes off again. So I don't get the negative part to be honest. Jagex has done some shifty things recently involving things in the past although I do not believe this is truly one of them. For those of you who already have a year or even half a year and don't want to re-up I can see being fustrated although this offer still would effect the majority of players.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

I already have membership until march from all the other promotional items. This'll put me all the way to September. I'm positive by that time they'll have released a promo item for Easter, Summer and possibly something else random.

They should make vanity items available in the Loyalty shop after a set amount of time from the promotion. I'd say depending on how many months the item was for 15k would be fine.

So like Katana/Turkey Hat would cost 45k points.

Green Skin would cost 15k.

Reverse Ice mask would cost 60k.

Sure those prices would put a lot of people off, but at least makes it available to everyone. Also, the overlapping items is rather annoying I got the Katana then Green Skin but still have members so decided against the turkey hat (which I realized on like December 6th they added into the POH costume room...) I'll be getting the Ice mask since my mem ends this month, but for people who like to collect stuff this is probably putting small dents into their wallets. I even know of some people who buy Runefest tickets but don't go. However, they'll often mail tickets to European players so it's not 2 bad.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

They hurting for money that bad after the bot bust?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I bought the 6 month membership thingy, threw the mask away as soon as I got it.

6 months for the price of 4 was a lie though.

Cost me 14£ when normally its 3.20£ a month

-.-

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I bought the 6 month membership thingy, threw the mask away as soon as I got it.

-.-

Not a lie. It's based off standard membership rates, not loyalty rates.

hzvjpwS.gif

-.-

Not a lie. It's based off standard membership rates, not loyalty rates.

Yeah only recurring credit card gets loyalty rate.

Normal price is £3.50

4*3.50 = 14

Plv6Dz6.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

game-header1.jpggame-header2.jpg

title-game-card.jpg

game1.jpg

game2.jpg

game3.jpggame4.jpg

game5.jpg

game6.jpg

game7.jpg

The Katana is back... provided you use the GAMEwallet to setup your subscription.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Interesting. Surprised (and delighted) they are bringing these back.. It is cool because it means those of us who missed out might have a chance again. I just hate permanently missing out on items like that...

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

If anyone did sign up through GAME for the Katana you'll be thrilled to know that the GAME website was hacked today. They stored passwords as plain text so yeah...

If you've registered with GAME at any point just be careful as to what happened.

Hopefully Jagex take note of this and immediately cancel this promotion. Although I doubt Jagex will do anything about it.

If anyone did sign up through GAME for the Katana you'll be thrilled to know that the GAME website was hacked today. They stored passwords as plain text so yeah...

If you've registered with GAME at any point just be careful as to what happened.

Hopefully Jagex take note of this and immediately cancel this promotion. Although I doubt Jagex will do anything about it.

Turns out that's not true, it was a complete fabrication.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/17/game_hack_denied/

At GAME we guard our customers' details very carefully.

We have thoroughly investigated the hacking claims made today by the website Pastebin, and can confirm that they are entirely false. The published email addresses are not registered users of GAME.co.uk, and there has been no breach of our database security.

We would like to assure all our customers that their details are well protected, and advise anyone who has any questions to contact our customer services team via the website, our Facebook page or Twitter account.

Troll was trollin

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

So assuming that site is save? How does that website work, can I buy the the membership online on that website and still get a katana? (can't find that add anymore on the rs website)

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

That ad wasnt on the RS website, it was emailed to me.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi