Vanity Items - RS Prepaid cards and Ornate Katana

Articultural

Bumping this as the latest vanity item - Turkey Hat - can now be obtained through 90-day Target cards (US only) and 90-day GAME cards (UK only).

Why they once again limit it to some countries is beyond me. They would sell more gamecards if they didn't have a region-lock on them. Poor advertisement decision in my opinion.

unled175.png

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just vanity items, but it's starting to get rather annoying now that they're releasing them for every holiday event now. Considering the amount of holidays there are throughout the year, you would be buying more membership than what you would need for the whole year.

Should just limit it for 30 cards instead of just 90 day cards while allowing the option for other countries.

j0xPu5R.png

I'd love a turkey hat but I don't see myself getting another 90 day card for it. Was only last month that I got the green skin. At the rate Jagex are releasing these vanity items via mem cards people will be accumulating more members than they will ever use... perhaps that's the point?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'd love a turkey hat but I don't see myself getting another 90 day card for it. Was only last month that I got the green skin. At the rate Jagex are releasing these vanity items via mem cards people will be accumulating more members than they will ever use... perhaps that's the point?

Yeah I was thinking this too. At the rate they're releasing these items can we expect to see a Christmas themed item too? That would add even more days on. :lol:

So once again poor old Canada gets forgotten. :(

Maybe we'll get a special poutine hat for Sainte-Jean-Baptiste Day. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

[hide=RuneScape News Post]Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and UK and US account holders can mark the occasion with a hearty helping of RuneScape membership and an exclusive, non-tradable turkey hat item to adorn your head in-game and on the forums.

To take advantage of this offer, simply purchase a 90 day RuneScape Membership Card from Target (in the United States) or GAME (in the UK) and redeem it between the 18th of November 2011 and the 8th of December 2011. Next time you log in, the hat will be deposited into your bank, or sent to Diango if you don’t have space.

Not only will the card get you an exclusive item, but at $22.50 or £12.99 they’re a convenient and affordable way to stock up on membership over the winter and enjoy the great content we’ll be bringing to you as the nights draw in.

The RuneScape Team[/hide]

[hide=My questions to you... the reader]As far as I'm aware, there's no other way to obtain this "hat", therefore it's basically JAGeX selling an in-game item for real-life cash, do you think more of these types of items will happen in the future?

Being a credit/debit card customer my membership automatically renews but I'm not entitled to this product even though I pay for the Members version, do you think this is fair? Not to mention it's only available for the US and UK markets.[/hide]

Maybe I'm completely missing the point here, but who in their right mind would pay to wear a turkey on their head?

The same people who paid to turn their skin green. Cosmetic items are subjective and there will always be people who do and don't like them.

Also, I just had a horribly pessimistic thought - what if this is Jagex's way of slowly phasing out the holiday items/events and making them for members only? :unsure:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I use the membership cards anyway, I usually don't mind this. I do think it is unfair to people that pay with other methods though. Or people in countries where it is not available.

Why can't they just give us the holiday items like normal? Or even better like in RSC. Happy Thanksgiving!! *pick item up off ground and go back to playing*

*sigh*

35b9enp.jpg

Holiday drops in classic were so simple. Login at the appropriate time, pick up the first holiday item you see on ground, then logout.

I definitely don't like this new method Jagex is incorporating with using exclusive items if you buy membership cards. It's unfair to everyone that doesn't use that method of payment or doesn't have it easily available to them, which I would be willing to say is the majority of Jagex's user base.

tFtfA.jpg

I really hate the direction Jagex has been taking Runescape this past year. They have made some good moves, but it's the bad moves that have driven me away after nearly 6 years of playing.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Honesty, I am starting to get sick and tired of these vanity items being more common of an occurence. Are they this desperate to have good profit quarters?

The only reason I got green skin was because of the coincidence with that I was renewing my membership at the time. I don't like being pressured to add unnecessary days when I don't like to, especially when I get the idea Jagex is doing it for controversial reasons.

Seriously, the vanity items offers need to stop. They're implying acts of desperation and give the message you're focusing on profit than players. Yes, the economy is a bit messy, but this is a bad way to do things.

*hurls in mouth*

It's... so..... UGLY.

Chances are they'll be a Xmas one too, and only locked to UK and US. Freaking Racist to Aussies aren't ya Jagex >:C

[/joke]

'Atrocious' does more justice on descriptions.

It's a bit saddening I have to agree on the possibility they'll do it on Christmas.

Oh a turkey hat, just what I've always wanted. It would look great with my vomit coloured skin. Not. Atleast the things they come up with are fugly so I don't feel sorry at all for not getting them. The people that come up with the concepts for these objects have terrible taste and should probably be fired.

Maybe we'll get a special poutine hat for Sainte-Jean-Baptiste Day.

That's Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day, not sainte. Jean = male name in French. Sainte = female saint. Poutine is a terrible symbol, more like a hat with a giant beer bottle on it.

2480+ total

I was wondering why this topic got bumped after so long. And then I saw the front page. I seriously wonder how anyone thought this could be a legit incentive.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I was wondering why this topic got bumped after so long. And then I saw the front page. I seriously wonder how anyone thought this could be a legit incentive.

If they're going to pick vanity incentives, they should have made them stylish and desirable like the katana back in summer this year.

Don't see how people will buy 90 days for a cheesy hat.

Holy shit, you're all serious about a turkey hat. I usually check forums stuff before rs main page if I'm going to log in that day.

The only two things I like about this are that I can silently lol at someone I know who will go rush to get one (most likely on two accounts), and that their rwting is still, for now, useless ugly vain items that don't affect the actual game.

$15 with credit card, so $8 for the turkey hat. That's like, 15M? gp if I remember right from spambots. Might be less now with highscores nuke though.

Hat:

[hide]160px-Turkey_hat_equipped.png[/hide]

shamelessly stolen from rswiki

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png