Vanity Items - RS Prepaid cards and Ornate Katana

Articultural

Maybe we'll get a special poutine hat for Sainte-Jean-Baptiste Day.

That's Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day, not sainte. Jean = male name in French. Sainte = female saint. Poutine is a terrible symbol, more like a hat with a giant beer bottle on it.

Oops, my mistake. As I'm sure you can tell, my French is pretty weak. :oops:

Hat:

[hide]160px-Turkey_hat_equipped.png[/hide]

shamelessly stolen from rswiki

Wow, that's really awful. :blink:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, you're all serious about a turkey hat. I usually check forums stuff before rs main page if I'm going to log in that day.

The only two things I like about this are that I can silently lol at someone I know who will go rush to get one (most likely on two accounts), and that their rwting is still, for now, useless ugly vain items that don't affect the actual game.

$15 with credit card, so $8 for the turkey hat. That's like, 15M? gp if I remember right from spambots. Might be less now with highscores nuke though.

Hat:

[hide]160px-Turkey_hat_equipped.png[/hide]

shamelessly stolen from rswiki

We're more agitated at their latest (and rather poorly-tasted fashionlike) marketing method of using a cheesy promise item to lure in customers more than the actual item itself, mind you. As for the hat, it looks... words can't describe how terrible it looks.

As much as I like to put stuff in my house, yea I'm not gonna stoop to that... The katana was the only thing I sort of hankered, but the green skin for Halloween? Ick. I don't think I ever want to look like I was going to vomit in game.

And now this turkey hat...

I think I prefer the turkeys I used to make in kindergarten. You know, colored construction paper for the tail feathers and painting a paper plate brown before gluing the feathers on, then drawing the turkey face on the plate. Or even the old finger-painting ones. But planting a bird on my head? There's just too many jokes with that. (I don't want to feel like a bird is relieving itself on my character's head for one, and I don't want to feel like a bird is nesting on my character's head either...) :wall:

Sorry Jagex, but I'm going to stick with my current subscription method for now, and am still waiting for that day that you said would come about when other payment methods would eventually get these vanity items as well. >_>

mr-bean-cooking-turkey.jpg

... that's what I call a turkey hat!

Lol. I'd completely forgotten about that episode. I have to find that for my kids. They'd love it!

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

mr-bean-cooking-turkey.jpg

... that's what I call a turkey hat!

I call it one of the inspirations for Half-Life.

Oh, and this having to buy cards to get novelty items is getting a bit stupid. Is there a reason being a consistent, paying member is deemed less worthy of a reward?

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Oh, and this having to buy cards to get novelty items is getting a bit stupid. Is there a reason being a consistent, paying member is deemed less worthy of a reward?

They've already gotten your money. Now they're trying to get everyone else's. <_<

Oh, but you do get rewarded. It's called the Loyalty Points System. :V

...But if you go out and purchase 90-day membership cards during promotional periods, you get extra rewards! Don't forget to do the secret handshake when you purchase the card!

Don't forget our Refer-A-Friend Programme. If you refer a friend, you get bonus XP (along with other fantastic in-game benefits)!! Next month, we'll be expanding our Vanity system to the Jagex store. If you purchase promotional Jagex hoodies and T-shirts, you will be able to receive a surprise vanity reward.

It's sooo fun!

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Seriously, the vanity items offers need to stop. They're implying acts of desperation and give the message you're focusing on profit than players. Yes, the economy is a bit messy, but this is a bad way to do things.

Maybe not stop, but just make them more available to people who wither can't or don't buy game cards from specific stores. I for one wouldn't mind if they released the katana/green skin as a loyalty reward, but people who subscribed with the cards get it as a free bonus.

The turkey hat, however, is more deserving of being killed with fire than anything. Especially when they could have made it one of those pilgrim hats, like the one the turkey hat is wearing.

At least the katana looks nice when you're wielding it. That is just an eyesore. :???:

If they're gonna do this shameless shilling, couldn't they spend a little extra time and make them look cool? That thing looks like shit. <_<

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

It. Never. Ends.

The greed.

It's greedy to want to draw more people into the member game? I hope that some of you guys and gals never go into business. Special promotional offers are not new within the MMO market, nor a foreign business practice. I really do think that some of you would prefer Jagex not do anything to try to increase membership.

I think maybe Jagex should make a new membership status, and have Free to play, members, and the new such as Gold members. Gold members get these new vanity items, new areas in the game, new gold member quests, and only way to get Gold membership is to buy game cards...

I think maybe Jagex should make a new membership status, and have Free to play, members, and the new such as Gold members. Gold members get these new vanity items, new areas in the game, new gold member quests, and only way to get Gold membership is to buy game cards...

Please, don't give them any ideas like that. :ohnoes:

Please, don't give them any ideas like that. :ohnoes:

Hate to say it, but: this.

Not everyone can buy game cards. Ifsomething like this WERE to happen, there would have to bean option to add an extra £1.50 a month or something.... But even then. No. Don't go there Jagex.... :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• 4 weeks later...

oh, precisely what i need! o wait.. i already have 300 days left...

tbh, jagax, work on new content for everyone! no real new player cares about the free items :S atm ppl are buying more membership than they can use X) and those like me who has bout 1 year, don't feel like buying so much extra :S

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

It's getting ridiculous now. If you got the turkey hat then this "offer" overlaps.

No rewards for people like me who have had a recurring payment non stop since 2007

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12