This will be the year of?

Pinata

2009 was the year of upgrades

2010 was the year of hard work

2011 was the year of clans lol

What do you think this year will be or possible future updates?

Personally I think this might be the year of revision or whatever word makes more sense

Rebalancing combat triangle, working on the grind, and upgrading graphics ofc.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people need to shut their shit up that runescape is on its way out anytime soon

it may have lost players and a lot of support and trust from people, but it's far, far from dead. got at least 3 - 5 more years in it, they may slow down, but it's not gonna up and die

almost everyone on this forum never takes off their rose tinted glasses. some people like the game better now than before.

imo 2012 is made for what was said by someone above;

fix the grind, fix combat, fix up the visuals.

I think a line from the January BTS sums up nicely what I think this year will be all about:

Once again, we're committed to bringing you a mix of brand new content as well as reworks and total redesigns of some of the older parts of the game.

That seems to be the emphasis right about now. We'll see the reworking of graphics, redesigns of combat, skills and content alongside new content to enforce the new focus that the game is taking.

I think it's going to be quite a good year, I don't see a lot coming in the way of truly OMGAWESOME content month in, month out. But we'll definitely have some every now and then. This is the first year in a long time where I feel Jagex have got a firm foundation to work on to improve the game.

2009 was the year of upgrades

2010 was the year of hard work

2011 was the year of bots

Fixed. :wink:

Personally, I'm hoping this year will bring a revamp of skills that basically haven't changed since RS2 was released. Skills like Smithing where the content and rewards are obsolete.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

2012 the year where RS dies

More specifically... 2012 is the year when F2P dies.

I find it hard to believe Runescape will have better graphics this year :/

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

What happened in 2010?

2012 im hoping see a new skill - that is all im hoping for.

2010 is the year that Dungeoneering was released in, as are stuff like Nex and more high-level ended stuff.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Please be to god that END that [bleep]ing Elf quest line! It has been dragged on a lot further than it should have! Meiyerditch is nearing the end, Lucien ended, where are the elves?

Please don't stall it again with a Within the Light quest please...

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

Guest jrhairychest

2012 will hopefully be the year that all the whingers and moaners about Jagex/RS finally make good on their promises to quit the game completely. In addition I'd like to extend that to quitting the tipit forums so that they can spread their bile elsewhere :thumbup:

2012 will hopefully be the year that all the whingers and moaners about Jagex/RS finally make good on their promises to quit the game completely. In addition I'd like to extend that to quitting the tipit forums so that they can spread their bile elsewhere :thumbup:

I think that would be the best year yet, allowing further years to be even better. :thumbup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Hoping finally for a magic special attack.

The Polypore staff would have been ideal for this. :wall:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

^ this

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Year of Recycling?

From what we've seen at runefest, they're going to be modding older content to provide a refreshed look and drops/benefits for the modern rs player

such as making dragon armor badass and not as similar to a human lobster

Hopefully they actually release the endgame of daemonheim sooner than later

And put some goddamned use into citadels

8f14270694.jpg

2012 the year of 7 new skills.

Archaeology ftw.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau