price of the new flasks?

turothking

How about this:

To fill a flask, you actually need to create a potion in it; you can't add doses from a vial to a flask. However, you can decant freely between flasks. If you add the last dose in a flask to another, the flask will break.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There goes the HUGE middle finger to those people (like me) who have 1000+ extremes/ovls already made in normal vials.

Well, I don't see anything in the wording to suggest you can't decant potions from vials into the flasks. Only the opposite action is impossible.

And I won't even begin to speculate on that kind of thing, because I know I'll be extremely wrong.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I would imagine that the best solution is to allow the decanter guy to fill flasks up to 6 via notes, or provide a nice instant system for it. Then, once full you can decant spare doses into VIALS but cannot decant vials into partially filled flasks once its been drank from.

This way, you can save doses, but can NEVER refill flasks. This implies flasks will break on decanting or final dose drinking. Other option is to allow flasks to be filled but only by other flasks, excepting the initial decant of 6 doses into it. This way you can decant, but you don't save flasks because the other flask must still be destroyed.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

How about this:

To fill a flask, you actually need to create a potion in it; you can't add doses from a vial to a flask. However, you can decant freely between flasks. If you add the last dose in a flask to another, the flask will break.

There goes the HUGE middle finger to those people (like me) who have 1000+ extremes/ovls already made in normal vials.

Well, I don't see anything in the wording to suggest you can't decant potions from vials into the flasks. Only the opposite action is impossible.

And I won't even begin to speculate on that kind of thing, because I know I'll be extremely wrong.

Sorry. My comment was in response to Tiigon's post.

I was thinking they might only let that guy at the GE decant them. But, err, if you decant the last dose out of one of these flasks, wouldn't that just destroy it anyway?

And like already said, where are you going to need to save that little time for that much money? Probably only in the Kiln. There might be some mix of 4-dose and 6-dose potions that turns out to be better than taking all of either of them, though, for normal activities.

2dgucz6.png

Uses:

-- Nex, especially duo/trio

-- Arma

-- Sara

-- PVP

-- CLW

-- CW

-- SW

Assuming the 5-dose trick works, there will already be a lot of extra demand.

I don't see them being more than 10K a piece unless the items are really hard to process. 500K/day for a daily is pretty reasonable.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

If you have remaining doses in a flask and don't want to waste them, it should be possible to decant it into another vessel and then the flask would shatter anyway.

The way I see it, this system would only work if you ONLY allowed the full six doses to enter the bottle in the first place.

8f14270694.jpg

What I imagine is you leave 1 dose, bring those back from the end of a trip,i and fill it with normal vialed potions

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

And that would defeat the purpose of the system.

Hell, perhaps a different tactic?

There is instead, a pile of "bulbs" or something that fill with one dose each, and you can link up to six of them together in a stack. Each bulb consumed is gone forever. If you come back with leftover bulbs, you can just link more bulbs to it to put it back to six, but you aren't allowed to just attach a normal potion to it because there aren't any physical bulbs left to fill in the first place.

8f14270694.jpg

I like Strilmus's idea. That's basically how I see it. It is also clean. (Can't have more than 6 doses per stack while in the inventory, but 1 slot in bank). Then you can see how many doses you have left, AND the stack size in the inventory works better. (Size of stack is number of doses rather than an addition to the name.). Also, it AUTOMATICALLY decants in the bank because all the bulbs/doses go into one thing.

I don't see them doing it this way though.

Serena_Sedai.png

How about this:

I'd guess it's like this but you could add doses from vial to an empty (non-used) flask and after the first fill you could only refill it by using remainings from other flasks on it (the other flasks would break).

Edit: My guess for the price is 10k-20k

I think Meetu's answer is correct. Possibly only allow decanting by automatically filling it to 6 from vials to begin with (So initial decant you have to have at least 6 doses in your inventory)

Serena_Sedai.png

But that is still all pointlessly complex extras Jagex has no reason to add, plus why would they mention to use it breaks when empty but not mention it has a strictly limited lifespan if not emptied?

I'm presuming that the flask would only fill providing you have at least six doses of the potion you're trying to fill it with in your inventory.

Creating a rule for the flask that it can only ever be filled from empty to six doses. Otherwise the idea you put forward of just making them a 5 dose potion is exsactly what'll happen, I don't think that's how Jagex intend for it to be used & expect they will not allow it to be refilled.

I think the price would be probably just beyond whatever price makes them not worth bringing to most things with 5-10 minute banking times, whatever that is. A lot of people can access them, though. If there turns out to be a very convenient way to reach the rocks, they'd probably become worth using. But I wouldn't bother running out of my way to make just 50 per day. Also, hoping this doesn't come in the form of a middle finger to people who already have extremes made/decanted. Really can't be sure

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Sure people do stuff to have fun, but even having fun it is stupid to either:

a) Discard a 2 dose extreme or overload as you cannot decant it.

b) Take a 2 dose on a trip when you could take a full 6 dose and last longer.

And I highly doubt jagex is gonna imposing any complex system on these beyond when 1 dose is drunk they break; it'd take too much coding for no real reason. Plus even Jagex aren't stupid enough to not see how people use potions (eg decanting leftovers to reform full pots)

jagex can make it so that you can only decant from 1 flask to another (possibly only from bob barter at ge) and any emptied flasks still shatter, that way 'loose' doses after trips can be combined while flasks are still removed from the game by use. If i were a betting man id wager that jagex will make it so you have to add all 6 doses at once anyway, much like how you can make magic pyre logs from 2 sacred oil(2)s if theyre both in inv when making them but you can put 2 doses on a log then bank and put 2 more doses on it.

jagex can make it so that you can only decant from 1 flask to another (possibly only from bob barter at ge) and any emptied flasks still shatter, that way 'loose' doses after trips can be combined while flasks are still removed from the game by use. If i were a betting man id wager that jagex will make it so you have to add all 6 doses at once anyway, much like how you can make magic pyre logs from 2 sacred oil(2)s if theyre both in inv when making them but you can put 2 doses on a log then bank and put 2 more doses on it.

Correct. If they don't make flasks shatter when decanting, then the whole point of only mining 50 a day becomes ridiculous. Nobody needs more than 100 flasks since you can just refill each trip. The idea is to provide a money source for semi-high level crafters.

Serena_Sedai.png

I'd actually argue the opposite. If they haven't designed it so that flasks cannot be refilled, I think it's a serious design flaw. They should make so that you have to use the six doses and that's it, otherwise it's a pointless exercise.

I'd actually argue the opposite. If they haven't designed it so that flasks cannot be refilled, I think it's a serious design flaw. They should make so that you have to use the six doses and that's it, otherwise it's a pointless exercise.

ye i agree. 6 doses no refills :)

Turothking.png

This to be honest. If the flasks can be refilled at 1 dose then there is no point making them break in the first place.

Sylpheed.png

Well, I hope they don't cost more than 10k each, but they should help pures a ton while getting fire capes. I'll probably use them myself.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]