spot stealing!

the-whisky-bar

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone tries to crash me, I try to anti-crash them as much as I can, by claw speccing the monster they're killing or guiding my titan on them. Usually they'll give up and hop, but then again you sometimes have those people who are just too stubborn to hop.

However, I never crash others. I always hop and search for a new world.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

This goes for slayer, since I can't think of a crashable activity I do outside of that. If I see someone else in the spot, I hop, unless I've been hopping a long time, or that the spot can hold two people to some extent. (like kuradal steel dragons, if the other person is not using rapier/turm/extremes)

If someone else come, I try to ask the other if they can hop, often they just don't understand that you both loose out by sharing the spot. If they refuse, I just hop (maybe adding a comment about him/her being egoistic) Or I just hop as soon as someone comes, since I can't be bothered to argue and stuff.

Also, it's not often I get crashed when I'm cannoning. People seem to respect a cannon, so I usually get crashed (or "sharing spot") in Kuradal's.

Depends. Spawn rates aren't good enough on many slayer tasks to support two people: Kalphites, Bloodvelds and Steel Dragons being immediate examples. So in that case I'll just hop if someone is already in the world. If someone else comes to my world and won't hop, then I'll stay/hop depending on task. Mutated Bloodvelds being an example where someone who isn't really set up for slayer can increase your kph remarkably.

Asmodean <3

the economics of crashing are significantly different nowadays. there's no useful boss in which you should crash, and top-end gear is focused more on durability rather than DPS - this means that "higher" high levels (torva etc.) can't outproduce "medium" high levels, so there is no societally economic advantage to crash.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

It's not really "your" spot or anyone else's for that matter, so I don't see the sense in moralising this problem, especially not by using absolute reasoning such as "first come first served". Either stand up and fight against the crashing, or hop worlds. I usually prefer the latter, unless I'm sure I can counter-crash them by stealing their previous spawn.

I start half killing everything and they hop

Depends what they drop. I would hate to look at my adventure log later on and see a big drop that I missed.

I guess have grown from being the little fish to the big fish now... Having started slaying at lvl 3, I ended up being a decent slay level while still low combat. I not so fondly recall tasks of blue dragons in Taverly that I had to range because I was too weak to melee them with any speed. That's if I could even get kills! Every world used to be filled with people... Who all had higher combat and range levels than me. :(

Nowadays I am a few million over level 99, going back into some of those tasks with my whip vine, extremes, and good gear. I try not to be too much of a jerk, I remember when I was in their shoes. But I won't spend an hour deferring good training or slaying spots to level 85s. Most spots can comfortably accomodate 2 people. The only place I run into problems is warped torts. There is only 2 spawned in that front room, so no, I will not share those with you. If you see that I am able to kill both and be ready when the next one spawns, then you are better served to just move along.

Also, it's not often I get crashed when I'm cannoning. People seem to respect a cannon, so I usually get crashed (or "sharing spot") in Kuradal's.

While I won't speak for others, I don't avoid cannons out of respect. I just know darn well that as much as I dislike them, cannons are part and parcel of the efficient slaying package. Therefore, I doubt any cannon-user is going to just pack up if I ask them nicely to share some spawns.

The worst place for this is Kuradels dungeon (Metal Dragons) with extremes/piety/max att/str I can kill 3 irons or 2-3 steels usually before the first one spawns again. However along come people with whips/broad bolts/fire BOLT and general far sub par equipment, resulting in 1 kill per my 2-3. Sometimes they even have the nerve to tell me to hop.

The occasional times I see another player using SoA/high level with rapier I dont bother or try to crash out of respect

This is no longer an issue with increased spawn rate. A world can easily accommodate 2 people at steels. You probably already know, but just mentioning it.

the economics of crashing are significantly different nowadays. there's no useful boss in which you should crash, and top-end gear is focused more on durability rather than DPS - this means that "higher" high levels (torva etc.) can't outproduce "medium" high levels, so there is no societally economic advantage to crash.

Well that depends on if its a boss or a slayer task TBH.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

For me:

Skilling: The only places I can think of that this affects me is hunter and woodcutting; in both cases I would just hop since there's not really a lack of free worlds.

Slayer: If I got crashed I would defend my spot I guess, usually high lvls hop when they see their killrate is low, and lower lvls don't steal enough kills from me to make all that much of a difference. As far as me crashing, I don't crash people who are training slayer for the sake of training, but if I see a person wearing a slayer cape on task, since I know he doesn't care as much about his xp, I don't have a problem with crashing them.

PvM: I find Anticrashing is a waste of my resources, so I mainly rely on sabotage. At TD's this can involve luring all of them on the crasher. At Glacors if they lure around the rock, I block his glacytes or make my monsters explode on him. Planting a dominion marker in front of GWD boss spawns to facilitate misclicking. Dropping 1 gp on the ground spaces. I only crash when there are no open worlds.

Stormy_Day.png

atMEj.png

Stay for a while then usually leave :angry:

Level 99 Skills 28/28 200M exp Skills 6/28
Going for 200M All Skills. [qfc]48-49-837-63099395[/qfc]

@Matt258RS Twitch: Matt258RS

Whatpulse
My Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook ProfitCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

On 12/23/2011 at 4:39 PM, 'Jebrim' said:

But don't even begin to think that I think I'm better than you all simply because I've done 7.6k+ hours of Agility or because I have tens of thousands of fans.

1. Ask them to leave to another world

2. If they don't leave, stay and compete for resources

3. If competing for resources with them reduces your xp rate, leave to another world

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Since slayer is the only skill this matters on, its extremely rare for me to get crashed and I try to never crash anyone else. Especially since the bot nuke this hasn't been hard. When I do get crashed, if they far surpass my combat ability I hop, usually without a word, if we are even(ish) ill usually bullhead my way through competing the whole time and not really caring if I'm losing exp/hr. if much lower level I ask if they will hop, and if they don't, I make them want to.

Jeit_Thorne.png

Dropping 1 gp on the ground spaces.

Hmm, what a useful side effect of the moneybag.

I remember tipit had like a 20 or 30 page discussion on this.

It was actually 49.

40 posts per page begs to differ. We should just refer to it as an almost 1k response thread. :P

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Ever since that thread saying it was "necessary", most of the crashes I've had were at spots that weren't exactly crowded on other worlds, but people felt the need to be total jerks just because they could, not out of necessity.

I secretly blame everybody here.

^ Based upon (false) assumption that the social rule of "first come first server" is of greater import than that of "He who is better able to utilize said spot, and able to keep it, deserves it." Both are valid, neither side can hold the other to their standard, so they call each other names. I'm not saying one is right/wrong. I'm saying stating you are right is wrong.

Your equally false assumption that I must be lying when I said "spots that weren't exactly crowded on other worlds, but people felt the need to be total jerks just because they could, not out of necessity." I mean, your statement about best utilizing a spot doesn't even apply to situations where people are just being a nuisance in order to force the other person to leave to avoid inefficiency, rather than actually proving who is more efficient. Anticrashing in itself can largely be wasteful, since the tactics employed to do so aren't any better at utilizing the spot, just hogging it. To say that this system of competition is the best utilization of resources in itself IS a false assumption, if you judge by how it causes massive disruptions to our lives when it goes horribly wrong. Our insistence on working against each other continues to worsen many problems.

I can move to another world, but why the hell should it even matter when it's not NECESSARY? It's like pushing a kid off a swing when there are two empty swings adjacent. By your justification, people should be able to do it if they're strong enough to do so, which while of its own nature the very rules of survival, not conducive to the society that humans have built in order to achieve higher living standards.

Of course, that is also false considering the reality of how western society works (which is, to lie about society being fine when we sweep the consequences under the rug) but if we just keep pushing each other around there's no point to having a multiplayer game, just go mess with some npcs if you want to ego trip :P if gameplay comes before other people, then take your gameplay elsewhere and STOP [bleep]ING WITH ME

just, take a moment and consider why you are doing it, and size it up with what you are doing, rather than just doing it...worse things have happened when we forget our reasons

8f14270694.jpg

I usually try to start a conversation (actual conversation, not passive-aggressive rs related stuff) if the other person just keeps quiet or starts to bash me I just shut up and start fighting, usually ending up to me winning. If he is nice (surprsingly often crashers simply don't realise the concept of spot crashing and are simply trying to get their lvls up) I just keep talking and enjoy the social aspect if the game. Rs isn't just about xp, you know. :P