spot stealing!

the-whisky-bar

we've all been in a situation where someone goes and pretty much steals your spot, whether it be mining at granite rocks, or slaying aviansies for adamant bars.

i thought of this, because i was just mining granite, and someone strolls into the spot where i was mining, and without so much as a "how do you do?", they went along and started mining all the rocks in the spot.

since i'm a pushover, without saying anything, i simply went along and hopped to another world.

but how do you guys deal with these situations?

{tumblr}

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This hasn't happened to me in a long time. I usually run into players who will go out of their way to make sure they don't take my kills if I'm on a slayer task, I usually return the favor. Maybe I just have better luck finding polite people.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

This hasn't happened to me in a long time. I usually run into players who will go out of their way to make sure they don't take my kills if I'm on a slayer task, I usually return the favor. Maybe I just have better luck finding polite people.

Same, it's been a very long time since I came across someone rude who decides to crash me. Most stuff I do isn't very competitive nowadays.

I remember back in the days when I was trying to get 99 hunter I would always bring a cannon and have a bow on me if someone decided to try and push me out of a spot, we would both suffer, but hell, I didn't care about efficiency, I just wanted them to feel my rage!

Heh, ever since the bot nuke I've felt the community has improved in some regards, I know the first few days it seemed completely different, although it has settled more so now, but in a rather positive way. Or I guess I'm just very lucky too!

I remember tipit had like a 20 or 30 page discussion on this

i think the last thread came down to morals vs being better

personally if someone tries to crash me, i compete for a little until i either tire of it and prefer better k/ph, or if they're better than i am

on the flip side, if I see a level 107 soloing bandos, yeah; that world is mine now

it's nothing personal when i steal resources or a spot, it's just competition

These days, I tend to fight anyone who crashes me since I'm maxed combat/gear etc. but I hop until I find an empty spot usually, some places are just too crowded.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I usually hop for slayer. My gear ain't the greatest.

When I'm skilling then I fight back seen as though I can probably beat the spot stealer.

When I'm super frustrated I tend to cuss them out like a raging 12 year old lad. :unsure:

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

These days, I tend to fight anyone who crashes me since I'm pretty much maxed combat/gear etc. but I hop until I find an empty spot usually, some places are just too crowded.

Pretty much this, if someone tries to crash me, I do my best to fight them off, if they win, I will eventually give in and hop. If it's somewhere like dks, making it more difficult for them is generally my aim. (If using zaryte bow, lure supreme onto them, range prime fom far enough that he focuses on crasher, so I can pray range/ ss flash, they take damage, I don't.)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I get to a place that's "crowded" (definition will depend on spawn rate/monster/location. I mainly slay) I hop. Just not worth it. If I'm alone usually one more doesn't bother me, most slayer spots are easily shared, and I also appear to be among the lucky ones mostly running into nice people (even though I'm usually about as talkative as a mute oyster). If more show up, I'll usually somehow manage to out"kill" them. Ofcourse, that does require Jagex to fix my (and many others') 3fps issue..... <_<

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

It depends where it is. I can understand if you crash someone at bandos/corp or things like that because there are limited worlds and you actually gain something by crashing.

What annoys me is when someone crashes me at, say mutated bloodvelds or ab spectres. They set up their cannon beside mine and start killing. It's not like they get faster xp doing that, rather the opposite.

But ye I get annoyed when someone crashes me at irons or beasts in Kura dg too, but at least I can understand that since it's mostly lower levels who kills 1 dragon in the time I kill 3-5.

skilling: I can usually beat them and they leave in a few minutes after cussing me out, or they decide the crap xp isn't worth it.

slayer: A room that can support 1.5-2 people (greaters in kuradal(cannon's too expensive and I don't like going to wild)) I start creeping across the room if I have better gear and levels than them. I usually hop 3-4 times for resources before deciding to crash. Some things aren't worth hopping 30 times to not annoy someone.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Generally skilling isn't too bad, but mining, especially iron, isn't even based on skill level after you can one-hit it. Then it's all based on server ping, which is frustrating as Hell. I don't crash others and after spending 15-20 minutes hopping worlds looking for a free spot having someone crash it makes me want to reach through the screen and choke them. :mad:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

In multicombat spots no one ever beat me. People with similar gear knew to hop. If I couldn't beat someone out I'd hop.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

*Fondly remembers the thread about crashing*

I generally fight off people because I usually win, though I almost always hop if it's somewhere like a slayer monster or granite. Only place I wont hop is if I find low levels at crowded bosses, too good to pass up.

Slayer; it's just what I do.
Thanks Hugger 88 for the awesome siggy!

Click show if you want to see achievements.

TheKoolKandy.png
siggy3s.png
Achievments: Maxed/Comp'd 7th of August 2012. 120 Dungeoneering sometime early december 2011. 99 Slayer achieved October 22nd, 2010. 99 Prayer achieved September 99 18th 2010. Summoning achieved September 14th 2010. 99 Defence achieved May 8th 2010. 99 Constituton achieved April 24th 2010. 99 Attack achieved on January 29th 2010 at 8:00 PM. Questpoint Cape on August 30th 2009.99 Strength (11:47 P.M. August 17 2009).

I have been lucky recently and no one has stolen any spots from me.... but... one time... ugh. I was training Hunter at the dead of night. Doing some orange salamanders for the first time in a long time and it was empty on most worlds. One guy logged in and was afk for a bit and got logged to the lobby. He logged in a few minutes later and moved towards my trees... then proceeded to try to steal them when my traps failed. <_< I'm usually nice and will hop if someone did that but this really ticked me off since I didn't see any reason for him to steal. Especially when he asked me if he could "have 1 tree" because he "was going to sleep in 10 minutes." Really? You're going to steal my spot just to use it for 10 minutes? Since it was late for me too, I just gave him the spot and went to bed instead.

icecube7.jpeg

Ever since that thread saying it was "necessary", most of the crashes I've had were at spots that weren't exactly crowded on other worlds, but people felt the need to be total jerks just because they could, not out of necessity.

I secretly blame everybody here.

8f14270694.jpg

Ever since that thread saying it was "necessary", most of the crashes I've had were at spots that weren't exactly crowded on other worlds, but people felt the need to be total jerks just because they could, not out of necessity.

I secretly blame everybody here.

^ Based upon (false) assumption that the social rule of "first come first server" is of greater import than that of "He who is better able to utilize said spot, and able to keep it, deserves it." Both are valid, neither side can hold the other to their standard, so they call each other names. I'm not saying one is right/wrong. I'm saying stating you are right is wrong.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

When it comes to things like slayer or really valued resources, I don't hold back and go on the defensive. Call me rude and selfish but I play the game for my own experience and tend to ignore (or not notice) that other players are there. If the spot is liberal on how many people can be there, I don't mind.

Prior to that, I had a "three hop" policy where I basically resorted to snatching a spot if I am forced to hop three times because my spot was stolen (I even disrupted someone's training when he was close to maxing the skill). Worse thing is that my way of dealing with this has bled itself in real world on more than one occasion albeit it was minor.

I don't normally crash someone unless they are in a high-population world just killing/skilling half of the spawns when I can use all of them. It's annoying when I'm killing irons and some noob with an antifire shield comes along and decides he wants to steal my spot.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

It depends how rude or nice the person is as I often hop myself. I'm happy to share spots if there's room but if someone is really agressive about purposely stealing the exact place that im doing then I'll start causing a nuisance. When fighting/slayer this could be attacking the same ones they are (with turmoil, extremes etc) to ensure I get the kill, or it could be calling in some friends to outnumber them/summoning a fighting familiar or possibly plonking down a cannon. When skilling it could be ranging redchins to stop them going in the persons traps for example. I don't give a toss about "xp waste" so if someone has purposely set out to force me away i'll ensure that neither of us get decent xp rates. I do however have an unwritten 3-hop rule. I'm not going top spend hours and hours hopping to find a world thats empty but still has a low ping, especially with the framerate so low at the moment.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Hmm if someone tries to crash me its not going to work considering I train slayer with ovls + turm on every task, except maybe multicombat but I have a cannon + just deal half damage to everything. Easiest way to anticrash is to memorize the spawn pattern. Personally, I don't crash others but if someone tries crashing me Ill purposefully hog all the spawns. Luckily for me, I have 2 worlds that rarely have people plus I play when America/Europe is alseep and aussies waking up. I don't boss however so I have no idea what crashing is like there compared to slayer.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

The worst place for this is Kuradels dungeon (Metal Dragons) with extremes/piety/max att/str I can kill 3 irons or 2-3 steels usually before the first one spawns again. However along come people with whips/broad bolts/fire BOLT and general far sub par equipment, resulting in 1 kill per my 2-3. Sometimes they even have the nerve to tell me to hop.

The occasional times I see another player using SoA/high level with rapier I dont bother or try to crash out of respect

Winarr.png