14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

Kk, confirmed if anyone was still wondering:

Doing boss with soa + gano + magic crystals + praying range = works the best.

I killed him in 2 pulls, even before the crystal effect was over (which was sorta disappointing considering I saved all 3 of them for that and the crystal last roughly 3 minutes). You hit in the 800-900s constantly and your magic defense gets so ridiculously high that you're pretty much untouchable if praying range (alongside wearing gano ofc). He did maybe 200 total dmg on me with this setup. The magic tentacles (the only ones you'll have to "worry" about since you'll be praying range anyway) die in 2 hits.

Hmm, I'm curious if I did something wrong or if it was just really bad luck. I went by the same strategy: prayed range and used my magic crystals but got owned by the mage tentacles. I had most of my brews when I got here and... used most of them, as well as blood barraging the tentacles constantly. Also used every other crystal I had. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it. Even though it's all over now, I'm still wondering what happened :blink: .

icecube7.jpeg

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I killed him in 2 pulls, even before the crystal effect was over (which was sorta disappointing considering I saved all 3 of them for that and the crystal last roughly 3 minutes). You hit in the 800-900s constantly and your magic defense gets so ridiculously high that you're pretty much untouchable if praying range (alongside wearing gano ofc). He did maybe 200 total dmg on me with this setup. The magic tentacles (the only ones you'll have to "worry" about since you'll be praying range anyway) die in 2 hits.

Hmm, I'm curious if I did something wrong or if it was just really bad luck. I went by the same strategy: prayed range and used my magic crystals but got owned by the mage tentacles. I had most of my brews when I got here and... used most of them, as well as blood barraging the tentacles constantly. Also used every other crystal I had. I honestly didn't think I was going to make it. Even though it's all over now, I'm still wondering what happened :blink: .

Were you using ganodermic and eek? (this alone gives you 67% magic absorbtion not to forget the huge magic defense boost) and did you actually kill the magic tentacles? I'm guessing it could be because I killed the magic tentacles when the head was down, and only had 1 tentacle spawned while attacking the head; the tentacles went down faster with soa using this setup than with range. I also forgot completely to check if the other stats could be boosted back up while using magic crystal, maybe that had something to do.

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Were you using ganodermic and eek? (this alone gives you 67% magic absorbtion not to forget the huge magic defense boost) and did you actually kill the magic tentacles? I'm guessing it could be because I killed the magic tentacles when the head was down, and only had 1 tentacle spawned while attacking the head; the tentacles went down faster with soa using this setup than with range. I also forgot completely to check if the other stats could be boosted back up while using magic crystal, maybe that had something to do.

Had gano body/legs but no EEK and visor. That's probably it as well as me having to stay there longer cause I only had polypore.

icecube7.jpeg

Ooooh ya, probably that. I was using soa with arma staff so that should explain a lot. Basically didn't give tentacles a chance, plus the boss was down in 2 pulls. Comes to show how important attack speed is, specially when getting rid of something before it becomes too much to bare.

What would be a more viable solution to eeks? I have Mage book, illuminated unholy book, dfs and a friend who can lend me his arcane.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

What would be a more viable solution to eeks? I have Mage book, illuminated unholy book, dfs and a friend who can lend me his arcane.

If you can get an spectral, I guess that should do, otherwise go with the dfs. Reason is, when using mage, you'll be using it against creatures that are already weak to mage, so arcane or any other shield slot offensive item wouldn't make any difference.

Edit: other thing I noticed, the lp value of this boss that rs wiki shows is wrong. According to the wiki it has 50k lp; now in my case: average 12 hits of 800 per pull, given that I killed him in 2 pulls, that would be 24 hits x 800 = 19.2k lp. So let's say he got 20k lp at most. Unless they are somehow counting the tentacles, but only the head needs to be killed to defeat him, so base it on around 20k lp.

Going to give this a try soon, does anyone know the attack range of monsters? will bring a Zaryte bow as my range wep, pps, rapier, eee, Spare tort pouch, uni (x2?) Virtus w/ gano top switch, ely and possibly arcane or spectral.

As the Zaryte has a 10sq range, would it be possible to trap monsters and hit them out of reach from attacks? Might be a neat way of dealing with things.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

120217233825.png

Thank you everyone for your help on the guides and tips and videos and whatnot. I got my cape! And it was surprisingly 'easy' with luring and the safespots provided. No overloads/curses/yak (mentioning this just for those in a similar situation and are wondering :))

I'm in the same boat equipment-wise. Could you post (or PM) me your setup and inventory and familiars and what not? Would be greatly appreciated :)

Nazgul.jpeg

My set-up was based on the one in this guide:

http://forum.tip.it/topic/308201-tokhaar-fight-kiln/

kilnsetupshoop.jpg

Since I sold my supplies I just shooped this. I entered Kiln with 4 rocktails as disposable food so I wouldn't have to deal with juggling supplies with crystals as muggiwhplar recommended.

Some notes:

* Mystic boots were infinity boots

* One brew should be an extra tortoise pouch.

* 2nd Polypore wasn't needed for me.

* Probably used less than 500 blood barrages. Didn't keep track.

* This brew/restore ratio didn't work for me. Tort died with like 4 restores and I finished with 2 extra restores. I guess the extra restores was meant for SS/Turm users and I forgot to adjust.

Tort's inventory was same as in the guide but with Titan and scrolls:

tortinv.png

icecube7.jpeg

I heard from someone that there was going to be a graphical rework to the new cape? Any rumours or ideas on this?

In the Q&A last night, Jagex said they were considering tweaking the appearance and stats of the cape.

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Let's be honest though, the Q&A really did reveal a lot of useful information about Jagex, for example:

1. May I have some Pizza too? probably too late' date=' think it's gone in record time[/b']

2. Do you have cookies as well? - I LOVE Cookies! =] - No just beer and pizza!

3. I'm out of Milk and I don't drink beer. Would somebody at Jagex be able to make me a coffee please? Nope, they're tied to the chair, you'll have to get it yourself!

Let's be honest though, the Q&A really did reveal a lot of useful information about Jagex, for example:

1. May I have some Pizza too? probably too late' date=' think it's gone in record time[/b']

2. Do you have cookies as well? - I LOVE Cookies! =] - No just beer and pizza!

3. I'm out of Milk and I don't drink beer. Would somebody at Jagex be able to make me a coffee please? Nope, they're tied to the chair, you'll have to get it yourself!

>beer

That explains everything, actually :smile:

Beer - the cause of, and answer to, all of of life's problems. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

the jmod drinking game, every time someone posts in rants, take a drink.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

the jmod drinking game, every time someone posts in rants, take a drink.

it all makes sense now!

I heard from someone that there was going to be a graphical rework to the new cape? Any rumours or ideas on this?

In the Q&A last night, Jagex said they were considering tweaking the appearance and stats of the cape.

Nerf?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Is the Tzar ring now the thing that has the best free and unlimited teleport closest to a fairy ring?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Until they realise what they did and patch it, yes.

Game update FAQ rasied this issue (this ring vs kinship = overpowered?)

Their response was the dialogue of having to pick a location means it isn't that much faster than kinship therefore it is not an issue.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Until they realise what they did and patch it, yes.

Game update FAQ rasied this issue (this ring vs kinship = overpowered?)

Their response was the dialogue of having to pick a location means it isn't that much faster than kinship therefore it is not an issue.

The number keys pretty much ake away delay from this though :lol:

Not complaining about an easy bank location, AND an epic hybrid ring (Pretty much ruined all but Zerker and Imbued rings stat-wise)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]