14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

If Jagex wanted to stop effigy farmers they could have and should have taken the logical path.

All Jagex had to do is this:

Make effigies only dropped by:

-Bosses

-Slayer monsters on while on task

Simple. Take the path of least resistance Jagex, not the idiotic one you just took.

patr1ckotg1.png

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still makes one of their main features null and void.

Perish the thought. They still drop effigies, just at a slower rate. The exact decrease in effigy droprate is still to be confirmed, however. Regardless, they are likely to still be one of the best effigy droppers compared to everything else.

Though I do foresee this effigy change affecting the economy in a big way, but not in the way you illustrate. Instead, players are forced to actually train skills to level them up (what a concept) instead of just raising any of their skills through pure combat. Now maybe people will actually bring resources into the game a la runecrafting and other skills that were previously effigyscaped.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Still makes one of their main features null and void.

Perish the thought. They still drop effigies, just at a slower rate. The exact decrease in effigy droprate is still to be confirmed, however. Regardless, they are likely to still be one of the best effigy droppers compared to everything else.

Though I do foresee this effigy change affecting the economy in a big way, but not in the way you illustrate. Instead, players are forced to actually train skills to level them up (what a concept) instead of just raising any of their skills through pure combat. Now maybe people will actually bring resources into the game a la runecrafting and other skills that were previously effigyscaped.

No we won't. Runecrafting will lag along on jot/pengs/troll/assist/wicked hood.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Turn music on and let each song play

I did the quest semi-afk. Talked to people on irc, browsed forums etc... All songs unlocked from just doing the quest.

That's a shame, because the music tracks and atmosphere sounds are very well done.

Which part of not paying attention to RS window tell you I didn't listen to the music?

I agree, the soundtrack was great.

Now to everyone thinking double jads are hard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRvvGGPrC2c

(sorry for the clan advertisements, but join RSD!)

You can take them on one by one with a safespot to heal up one square away...

Firecape.png

Cape is definitely possible getting with just gano. It's even possible with polypore instead of SOA. Once you figure out what to do it's not that hard actually. There's always "safespots" to trap the monsters, like trapping the 360 when killing Jad etc. And as mentioned in the post above, it's even possible to trap one of the double Jads to kill them one by one.

I had quite a big problem with the boss though but that was because I only brought Gano, which has a pretty shit ranged def. Used over half of my supplies on boss alone. So yea, you kinda need to bring some decent range-def gear for boss while praying mage + killing the ranged tentacles.

Say DKS or Arma runecrafting, for example.

DKS Don't drop effigies. ;)

The kiln looks [Harpy]ing difficult, but once the tactics are known, you wont NEED Nex armour swaps to manage it...

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

The kiln looks [Harpy]ing difficult, but once the tactics are known, you wont NEED Nex armour swaps to manage it...

Which was exactly what people were trying to explain in the BTS topic XD

hzvjpwS.gif

Has anyone made a wave progression list? I would love to see one. I watched castlewars live stream from wave 19 to completion and was thoroughly amused at some of the "filler" waves that gave you an ample amount of easy monsters for soul split healing.

[hide=lore]Did anyone notice the lore touched on in the elder kiln? We find the remains of Perjour, one of Zamoraks mentioned followers during the betrayal of Char. We also learn of Perjours pursuits to obtain an army of tzhaar for Zamorak through the use of the Elder Kiln. Also it is learned that the tokhaar are what the elder gods used to create the world. So I guess this actually throws out the idea that the elder gods were dieties with an immense amount of power to wave their hands to create the world however they wanted it. This shows that the elder gods probably have the same range of power as other he other gods.

[/hide]

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Has anyone made a wave progression list? I would love to see one.

Like the one here?

I love how runescape.wikia shits on the rs wiki in every way, shape and form... Its kind of sad to think that the rs wiki was such a waste of effort.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Liked the update. |^_^|

I always use my effigies as soon as I get them, so I won't notice any difference from the change.

Now to get my Comp Cape back when I go home to good internet.

Cape is definitely possible getting with just gano. It's even possible with polypore instead of SOA. Once you figure out what to do it's not that hard actually. There's always "safespots" to trap the monsters, like trapping the 360 when killing Jad etc. And as mentioned in the post above, it's even possible to trap one of the double Jads to kill them one by one.

I had quite a big problem with the boss though but that was because I only brought Gano, which has a pretty shit ranged def. Used over half of my supplies on boss alone. So yea, you kinda need to bring some decent range-def gear for boss while praying mage + killing the ranged tentacles.

Grats mate :D

qjDiz.png

http://www.[Caution! Jagex Rule Violation].com

Exactly..?

It's funny that everyone uses Storm of Armadyl to complete the kiln but the reward is a cape for meleers. They should really give the cape a +10 to mage attack and +5 to range attack.

For a cape that purportedly needed 90+ in all combat disciplines, it was severely underwhelming.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I logged in yesterday for a quick attempt.

I used regular prayers, ahrims top, veracs skirt, torags plate and karils.

I got to wave 36, with regular prayers EEE and using rigour and augury surging and ranging + luring the things.

I had about 7 brews left but I didn't lure the 2 jads properly :P

Fairly confident I'll get it next time if I bother to log in to go back ;)

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

When facing Har-Aken, how effective is wearing ganodermic with the protect from Ranged prayer on?

Thing is when you melee the tentacles they melee you back, so ideally you want mage + melee or range + melee defense. so melee armour is ideal. especially as you DO NOT MISS Ha'Aken's head even in negative mage attack bonus.

Melee the range tentacles, theyre very weak to melee, ignore the mage ones unless there are no range ones, theyre resistant to melee.

SOA the head whenever it pops up

EZPZ

vde0xt.png

It looks to me that I could probably beat the kiln fairly easily, shame that every fecking time I do fight caves I get a random lag spike when Jad gets to around 1/4 health so I get koed.

It happened years ago when I did it old school guthans/karil way 3 or 4 attempts, happened this yr on my 3 polypore gano attempts.

Might wait until i can afford claws etc so i can do the whole down jad in like 2 hits thing.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Man I'm sooo trying this tomorrow I think. Crunched for time at the moment. I got full gano, polypore staff, arcane stream, infinity boots, max cape, probably will use dreadnips and 150 flasks stored. I'm thinking of borrowing an arcane spirit shield from someone or using a dfs/Mage book/illuminated zam god book.

I wonder if dreadnips would help on the boss and if it would be worth using on the jads.

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png