14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

Come play wow. There is actual endgame there. And leveling is fun :P

But srsly effigies were implemented stupidly, but they shouldn't have been nerfed like this.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quest is definitely nothing special, very short, not difficult, not that much lore at all. Only really major thing about the update is the effigy change :(.

Yeah such a small amount of lore I mean we ONLY learnt that:

The Thzaar were original the Tokhaar and are corrupted by merely living where they do

Dead Thzaar in Tokkul feel pain and thus its quite barbaric.

Tokhaar were created by the Elder Gods to build the mountains of runescape.

The Elder gods are supposed to return some day.

Zamorak was after the power of the Kiln.

There is a heck of a lot of lore there just in the Elder God things alone; more than we get in most quests even in the lore heavy series like elves or myreque.

Lore says:

Powerful beings we already knew are lesser corrupted versions of other beings who are otherwise much the same. They built mountains. This doesn't really mean anything at all other than that there's another power source (Stone of Jas #2 please) and another aeons-old guardian (Dragonkin #2) and another lesser version (Dragons #2). So the cliché is nicely explained.

It doesn't say they were created by the Elder Gods as far as I know.

Tokkul feel pain is a nice touch but hardly relevant to anything at all.

Zamorak was after every source of power, so meh.

The only interesting thing about it is the connection with Char, but that isn't explored at all.

It says they were made by their masters to build the mountains of the land long before it had its current name; they don;t specifically say Elder Gods but its blindingly obvious.

Runescape got its name (Glienor sp?) when Guthix named it.

Guthix did not created the world, he merely found it.

The Elder Gods made the world before they left it for reasons unknown.

It's pretty clear the 'Masters' who made creatures from the 'Lava of Creation' to make the mountains of the world and who now await their 'Masters' return quite neatly ties in with the 'Elder Gods' who made the world and are now absent. Especially as they do reference making ALL the mountains from the frozen north, to the desert plains to the jungles etc. So it is clearly shown these creatures had the purpose of making all mountains in the world, and now await further instruction; not that they are just a race who were created that can make mountains.

It'd have to be something pretty convoluted and nonsensical to make it so the Tokhaar Masters are not the Elder Gods being as both had a hand in making the world and neither reports of their being 2 groups to do this. Though Tokhaar lore does imply other magical races exist who must of built other parts of the world (eg the plants, the seas the skys etc.)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Complaining about no more stockpiling effigies?

Heaven forbid having high level stats would give you an advantage. Who wants a game that involves strategy in the order in which you do things?

2496 Completionist

Where in RS/lores/etc. does it say the Elder Gods created Gielinor (honest question)? And don't give me anything about implications, it says what it says. To me, it's possible the Elder Gods also found a world left by Even Elder Gods whose creations kinda messed up, and then the Elder Gods' creations messed up again, clearing the way for the current generation. Or with however many iterations you want to do that.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Loving the Runeshark one xD The guys are so funny.

At any rate... Just heard off my friends that DG is impossible too due to constant DC's and doorlag lags peoples RS to crash...

So they've destroyed one of the main things I slay for, and now they've made the game so crappy that I can't DG...

I just... Words fail me at how depressing this is... Goddamn.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

cool safespot, can't get ninja'd by an offscreen jad now.

E1R2B.png

Standing on that spot will always lure him over to you? Even if he starts on any one of his spawn points?

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

@ PEOPLE DOING KILN RIGHT NOW

Is melee with Torva+divine a viable option for it, or is it a range-safespot-fest? (I'd watch the videos but my bandwith is garbage.)

Thanks in advance!

paulsig.gif

Cloud1924.png

Cloud1924.png

And so the world will end. I think a victim of love rather than hate, for love's ever been the more destructive weapon, sure.

Is melee with Torva+divine a viable option for it, or is it a range-safespot-fest? (I'd watch the videos but my bandwith is garbage.)

Thanks in advance!

Looks like SoA, Divine and Gano with Tassets, Fury and Rapier switchout is one of the best set-ups out there currently based on how well RuneShark is doing from his videos.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Thanks in advance!

What are these "safespot" things that you mention?

Effigys were pretty stupid anyway, Dont get the problem. Its just like RS was a year or so ago with a little bonus for combat training now.

OH EM GEES NOW YOUZ GOTTA TRAINZ DEM SKILLZ.

Dungeoneering is stupid as well, we should nerf that. Way too powerful weapons. Make it so you get 20% less xp for each chaotic you have?

Slayer is honestly really stupid, could do with a nerf, you can kill those creatures way too easily with fsh boost. Maybe 20% less combat xp on task?

I mean, just because you think it's stupid, is not a reason to spoil it for others.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Effigys were pretty stupid anyway, Dont get the problem. Its just like RS was a year or so ago with a little bonus for combat training now.

OH EM GEES NOW YOUZ GOTTA TRAINZ DEM SKILLZ.

Dungeoneering is stupid as well, we should nerf that. Way too powerful weapons. Make it so you get 20% less xp for each chaotic you have?

Slayer is honestly really stupid, could do with a nerf, you can kill those creatures way too easily with fsh boost. Maybe 20% less combat xp on task?

I mean, just because you think it's stupid, is not a reason to spoil it for others.

What? They are the worst comparisons ive ever seen.

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

I don't see the HUUUGGGEEEE issue with effigies.

In terms of standard slaying they aren't all that common anyway.

Their original design purpose was that you used them as you got them for a nice little boost to skills opposed to entirely overwriting doing any normal training in a skill.

Just sets things a bit closer to their original purpose, its not like effigyscaping is entirely impossible; it just means you have to open as you get opposed to stock piling hundreds. And that perhaps a few more people with get them assisted to access the good bit (the lamp) opposed to trying to wait until they can do it all themselves.

It's not even like most of the effigies are that hard to open yourself if you put the effort in, most of the necessary levels for boosting are only a day or 2 of work.

mine/smith and rc/sum are probably the only 2 that are really definitely slow to get the stats for.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

To anyone wondering, your Hybrid armor will have stats in the Fight Pits portion of the quest. :)

Hopefully the Tip.It quest guide can mention this...

I'm rather happy because this is a rare act of fluidity and consistency on JaGEx' part.

2dgucz6.png

Grats to Castle Wars! :thumbsup: First one to finish it.

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

Yeah Castle wars just got it, but the cape honestly doesn't look that great, i was expecting more from it but ohwell, stats are nice but looks like a hell of alot of supplies/gear needed to be successful :/

So not for the average player

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg