14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see the big deal about the effigy thing.

People stopped training skills legitimately once effigies came out. Now they are butthurt that they don't have an easy way out of training skills.

No... It's Jagex's fault for making the game function this way. It makes absolutely no sense that I now have to go find someone with the required skills to open my effigies. This is a stupid update.

I put the blame on Jagex for creating Effigies in the first place. I am disappoint about the update too, but all I see is Jagex fixing a mistake they made long ago.

All I see is Jagex attempting to fix a mistake they made by making a further mistake, somehow managing to make a hasty decision out of one that they postponed too long. It's like they're the master of making poor decisions.

They should have at least bothered to overhaul their slowest skills with something that was more...sane.

As for not training the skills you don't like, ever since they introduced elite tasks, that was kind of thrown out of the window in favor of leveling a whole bunch of irrelevant skills in order to be able to access certain important abilities, like increasing bolt specs, or super enhanced excalibur.

8f14270694.jpg

It looked as if the actual climb of waves was harder than the main fight it's self. The main fight looked alot like a quest fight...

Either way, don't think i'd be getting one for a while :(

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

Not a bad quest, really enjoyed the visuals. You know, except for the [bleep]tarded way they've set up the entire TzHaar cavern now. Most of it is even emptier than before, and makes finding everything a trial of patience. On top of that my world map no longer works; It loads an indefinite black screen which I can only get out of by guessing where the x should be.

The fight in the Kiln was actually a tad challenging, but only because I didn't take that many supplies to begin with and used a fair bit in the caves leading to it.

Unfortunately at the end I spent 20 minutes looking for the little shit that had just been with me when we were ACTUALLY supposed to talk to one of the mystics in the center. So. [bleep]ing. Aggravating. This is why real games have waypoints.

At least all of the monsters look awesome now. I'm going to do the old Fight Caves just to see all of them. Damn shame there was no graphical update to either of the old capes. The new super difficult to get cape looks like it was originally intended to be the Obsidian Cape.

2dgucz6.png

No pic of cape yet?

Newfirecape.png

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Effigys were pretty stupid anyway, Dont get the problem. Its just like RS was a year or so ago with a little bonus for combat training now.

OH EM GEES NOW YOUZ GOTTA TRAINZ DEM SKILLZ.

Dungeoneering is stupid as well, we should nerf that. Way too powerful weapons. Make it so you get 20% less xp for each chaotic you have?

Slayer is honestly really stupid, could do with a nerf, you can kill those creatures way too easily with fsh boost. Maybe 20% less combat xp on task?

I mean, just because you think it's stupid, is not a reason to spoil it for others.

What? They are the worst comparisons ive ever seen.

I disagree with miracle's first post, but he is right here. They are bad comparisons.

Maybe if using a chaotic gave you fishing XP it would work, but it doesn't so they don't link.

They weren't meant to be the same sort of things, but ridiculous complaints. Which, judging by your reactions, they are. People did complain about all sorts of things being "too powerful". I'm saying that just because they are very powerful (game-changing in terms of what you can do to level) you don't need to nerf it.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Diago chatbox at login telling people to come to draynor. Hmm... nothing there but a lot of confused people.

Ya, I am still trying to figure out what the [bleep] that was. I ain't gonna bother leaving my butterflies unless I find out first. lol

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Diago chatbox at login telling people to come to draynor. Hmm... nothing there but a lot of confused people.

I'm going to assume it'll be the festival headgear that was on the Brazilian Runescape Facebook page.

Its the 4th year thing right? +1 Day in Feb = Carnival?

RuneScape

It's party time......almost! Soon these beautiful hats will appear in Gielinor, ready for an exciting new update, but do you know what they're for?

[hide]409539_10150891204456729_59261801728_11059888_521739192_n.jpg[/hide]

http://www.facebook.com/RuneScape

I didn't see anything of the sort though. Just some weird stuff about the KBD and Kalphite Queen getting married.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

They never intended for them to become so prevalent to RS. They were supposed to be a little bonus. All they did was fix their mistake

If they truly intended to fix their mistake, then it would have been better to lower the exp rewards and rework how they are dropped (ie hitpoints, level, etc). This just makes very little sense, and the botched, mish mashed lore coverup for when you log in is ridiculously out of place.

hzvjpwS.gif

RuneScape

It's party time......almost! Soon these beautiful hats will appear in Gielinor, ready for an exciting new update, but do you know what they're for?

[hide]409539_10150891204456729_59261801728_11059888_521739192_n.jpg[/hide]

http://www.facebook.com/RuneScape

I didn't see anything of the sort though. Just some weird stuff about the KBD and Kalphite Queen getting married.

http://www.facebook.com/RuneScapeBrasil

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif

Not happy with the effigy change at all. There's no difference if you want to collect them or open them at once .. I feel sorry for the people that were saving to open them by themselves.

Instead of focusing on FPS & bot issues they do this .. Guess I can't collect 200 effigies. <_<

My guess is that the effigy rate will be slashed in half (1 effigy every 2 hrs at crawlers)

:thumbdown:

How long did the quest take for people that have done it? Not really happy that the cape is a requirement for comp cape, especially for people that can't afford expensive equipment, and have FPS issues, etc.

The cape should have some smoke or something..a golden trim, idk .. It looks somewhat boring right now.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

96 users viewing ATM LMAOOOOO

Jagex is a bunch of trolls. It's officialllllll

I swear it's a contest for who implements the stupidest update.

- remove F2P hiscores

- remove only *some* forms of gambling, enforce others

- failed trade limit on newbie accounts

- rolling back stats/bank on botters

- allowing banned persons to buy account back for cash

- failed anti-bot updates

- reduce emergent game-play in every conceivable area of the game

and nowwww

-nerf all effigies

GF Effigyscape

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

No pic of cape yet?

Newfirecape.png

That's not a cape, that's...portable drywall on your back, the hell.

It really is ugly as hell. Not only does it look like your carrying some kind of building material on your back as opposed to wearing a cape but I'm pretty sure the weight of it would crush your windpipe.

Sylpheed.png

lol@Jagex's brilliant idea for a cape. It's an upside down Christmas tree that you can carry on your back! For all your lumbering needs. How innovative. :P

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif