14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

Just tried my run, died at wave 35 down to a bad lure of a Jad :( Had a good amount of supplies left too, so think it should be do-able with another few attempts.

Does anyone have any advice for the wave that's mostly tok-dills? They had me chugging down supplies so fast :S

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I logged in yesterday for a quick attempt.

I used regular prayers, ahrims top, veracs skirt, torags plate and karils.

I got to wave 36, with regular prayers EEE and using rigour and augury surging and ranging + luring the things.

I had about 7 brews left but I didn't lure the 2 jads properly :P

Fairly confident I'll get it next time if I bother to log in to go back ;)

Regular pray? :shock: this gaves me hope.

icecube7.jpeg

Just tried my run, died at wave 35 down to a bad lure of a Jad :( Had a good amount of supplies left too, so think it should be do-able with another few attempts.

Does anyone have any advice for the wave that's mostly tok-dills? They had me chugging down supplies so fast :S

From what I've heard (thought it may be unreliable) best way to deal with dils is to trap and mage. Think of em like Bulwark Beasts, pickaxe the armour or mage around it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpEQbYMrKvc

Made it to the wave before double Jad (2 before the final boss) and then died. I dced in a wave too and lost a tort with brews and restores in it. I would have EASILY gotten the new cape if I didn't lose those brews, gf 10 full brews there.

A money pouch would be cool. So would a remote price checker. But honestly I'm thinking an insta-Jcoins-market. LOW ON PRAYER AND DONT LIKE XP WASTE?! BUY AN ULTRA PRAYER RESTORE POTION INSTANTLY FOR JUST 75 CENTS! STAY AT BANDOS ALL DAY/AS LONG YOU HAVE MONEY!

Is this posible without a Yak? I think I'll buy a Virtus set for it, will encouage me to Glacor aswell. :lol:

need to do rotm for SoA first tbh, brb spending all night mining

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Is this posible without a Yak?

yes, I had tons of supplies left

I posted this y'day on rs pics but here's to give some ideas for inv etc:

kilnsetup.png

Yak contains 23 brews, 2 sup restores, 5 super prays. Aura is reverance (t1). Bring 1k bolts. And SW cape, not armadillo cape. A rune pickaxe would be fine, d pick is only a tad better.

I had like 3.5 super prays left for boss and used like 3 doses. I was slightly conservative about prayer usage on the way (didn't leech mage/def when soaing meleers most of the time) but that should be pleanty prayer.

Jad appears on waves: 10, 20, 30, 34, 35, 36 (x2). Final boss is 37.

The fights are incredibly straightforward. Combat triangle helps. Damage is reduced to 4/7ths (based off 1 max hit splat) when using the wrong style + has less accuracy. But soa has long attack range & is still quite powerful.

The lvl 120 rock things you need to mine before you can hurt them with other methods (unlike in the quest, where you have to mine the entire time.)

Once it's armour is removed, ss + mage from a distance.

In wave 28 you have to hide behind the level 400 ket-zek, to avoid all the lvl 120 rock things. Consider using a constituion crystal if you have trouble using the mage-doggy to block others.

On wave 20 and 35 Jad spawns with a level 360. Focus on protecting against Jads attacks until you can stop one from attacking you. Use a constitution/invulnerability crystal if you want.

At the start of wave 36 (2 jads) you should use an invulnerability crystal, you have around 30 seconds to stop both the jads from being able to damage you.

During the boss the best tactic afaik is to use a magic crystal - soa hits 800s on the boss. It puts your magic level at 148, while reducing your other stats.

P0lPXdo.png

From what I've heard (thought it may be unreliable) best way to deal with dils is to trap and mage. Think of em like Bulwark Beasts, pickaxe the armour or mage around it.

They can resist magic unless you crack their shells off, which takes 4 attacks from a rune/dragon pic axe/inferno adze.

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Anyone else died on wave 28 because of those armadillos? :angry:

Edit: next try ended on wave 20. Hi I can't fight against jad. One mistake -> trying to heal -> more timing fails with prayer switches -> hello TzTown.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Tui: Thank you very much for this information. I am going to give it a try this weekend. :thumbup:

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

kilnsetup.png

Yak contains 23 brews, 2 sup restores, 5 super prays. Aura is reverance (t1). Bring 1k bolts. And SW cape, not armadillo cape. A rune pickaxe would be fine, d pick is only a tad better.

I had like 3.5 super prays left for boss and used like 3 doses. I was slightly conservative about prayer usage on the way (didn't leech mage/def when soaing meleers most of the time) but that should be pleanty prayer.

The fights are incredibly straightforward. Combat triangle helps. Damage is reduced to 4/7ths (based off 1 max hit splat) when using the wrong style + has less accuracy. But soa has long attack range & is still quite powerful.

The lvl 120 rock things you need to mine before you can hurt them with other methods (unlike in the quest, where you have to mine the entire time.)

In wave 28 you have to hide behind the level 400 ket-zek, to avoid all the lvl 120 rock things. Consider using a constituion crystal if you have trouble using the mage-doggy to block others.

On wave 20 and 35 Jad spawns with a level 360. Focus on protecting against Jads attacks until you can stop one from attacking you. Use a constitution/invulnerability crystal if you want.

At the start of wave 36 (2 jads) you should use an invulnerability crystal, you have around 30 seconds to stop both the jads from being able to damage you.

During the boss the best tactic afaik is to use a magic crystal - soa hits 800s on the boss. It puts your magic level at 148, while reducing your other stats.

P0lPXdo.png

After the quest is it possible to cast Tune Bane Ore on tokkul to make Tzhaarbane weapons?

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

After the quest is it possible to cast Tune Bane Ore on tokkul to make Tzhaarbane weapons?

No, what makes you think that?

Because now we know that the TokKul are the remains (and memories) of the TzHarr. The Tune Bane Ore is made to work on the remains of creatures to 'tune' the ammunition to the creature. But there is a lot of remains that we can't 'tune' to :3

hzvjpwS.gif

Nice to see that the Journal of Perjour mentions Char. :)

Enjoyed the quest overall. Not sure if I want to try the Kiln yet though... I'm not ready to sacrafice my one and only fire cape yet! :lol: (Guess I better go get another one *sigh*)

Feeling slightly more confident about being able to defeat the boss after having seen how "easy" some others have made it sound. It will surely be the last thing on my to do list for completionist cape, but hopefully by then will be able to afford nice gear + supplies ;)

Trollbomber.png

I plan on trying kiln in a few hours with this setup:

kilnattempt.png

Yak with 26 brews and 4 rests.

I am pretty resolute that my setup gear-wise will remain the same (pro welfare), but any suggestions as to if I should change my potion setup at all? This is the first time I've been in a scenario when pot quantities seem to matter moreso than usual.

Edit: Another question, do the dills still use their unavoidable spec if you are praying even if they're not in melee range?

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

No, what makes you think that?

Because now we know that the TokKul are the remains (and memories) of the TzHarr. The Tune Bane Ore is made to work on the remains of creatures to 'tune' the ammunition to the creature. But there is a lot of remains that we can't 'tune' to :3

We knew well before this quest what Tokkul were.

It's one of the first pieces of Thzaar lore that ever appeared in-game. Dead Thzaar are turned into Tokkul which have value as they hold their memories.

That nuggest of information could be obtain from dialogue before the first firecape ever got worn.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How good is doing caves over and over again for moneymaking? choose onyx at the end

Doing caves, not so much.

Doing kiln might be good however, since that actually can give you an onyx.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

kilnsetup.png

Would substituting Virtus in place of the Ganodermic work or do you need the melee defence/soak?

From the empty days of hope, deny the darkness
Follow my voice, we'll run far away from here

If only to hide, to escape this life
And live forever, forever in the sun

kilnsetup.png

Would substituting Virtus in place of the Ganodermic work or do you need the melee defence/soak?

Virtus is better. I just have welfare gear.

I plan on trying kiln in a few hours with this setup:

kilnattempt.png

Yak with 26 brews and 4 rests.

I am pretty resolute that my setup gear-wise will remain the same (pro welfare), but any suggestions as to if I should change my potion setup at all? This is the first time I've been in a scenario when pot quantities seem to matter moreso than usual.

Edit: Another question, do the dills still use their unavoidable spec if you are praying even if they're not in melee range?

Bring a 2nd yak pouch. You won't use all 4 ovls/pray renewals but its nice to have extra overload doses. With yak you have pleanty of inv space.

You don't need more than 11 prayer restoration flasks. I used 8, but a couple of those were super prayer flasks. So take out a pray renewal for a super restore, and take out a couple brews for super restores.

The dills only use their typeless damage within melee range.

P0lPXdo.png

Storywise, I started to wonder one thing:

Why do TzHaar give tokkuls as a reward for fight caves, fight pits and Karamja diary?

Doesn't that feel a bit... unethical?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?