14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of welfare in this one is amazing. I bawked when I saw Black D'hide, Glory and Polypore :P

:cry: still has curses. Feeling less hopeful about completing it now.

This should boost your confidence a little

Hm that does. I'll keep an eye out for his full video.

icecube7.jpeg

I cant express just how angry I've been getting over this. The tzhaar area seems to be messed up. I keep getting logged every 3-5 minutes there. I was seething at I lagged twice at jad #1 three times and found myself in the lobby. I religion into a server to find I must restart the wave AGAIN. Also this was happening at fight pits with just me and my buddy working for the mini game armors.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Got my new cape tonight. Too bad it has a poor range att, magic att, magic dmg, and prayer bonus-- otherwise I'd actually wear it lol. I'll stick with my SW cape for now :) Just wanted to get that early bird special.

caper.png

A lot of people claim to have had trouble on wave 28 but I did it on my first try... I think I got kind of lucky too. I noticed that the dills have a tendency to retreat from you if you lure them too far out of their "comfort zone." Basically I started the wave behind a wall (blue spot in pic). Then, when one of the dills attacked me, I ran to another wall (red spot in pic). The dill followed me so I ran to the opposite side of the wall (green spot in pic). At this point the dill retreated back to where I had started the wave (blue spot in pic). I shrugged and killed the Zek from the red spot w/o any distractions :P Then I picked the dills off one-by-one using safespots and dreadnips :) Piece of cake!

wave28.png

The RS Wiki's list of waves was very handy to print out and follow the whole time. Even more handy was the Jad spawn locations.

77yLQy8.png

Yeah the wiki has it down pat.

Well except for really stressing the use of the whole combat triangle... And priorities would be nice as well. I really like the idea of prayer priorities though.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

The RS Wiki's list of waves was very handy to print out and follow the whole time. Even more handy was the Jad spawn locations.

I second this! Earlier I had to watch videos to see jad spawn locations because nobody would have them listed up anywhere.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Like I said before, it wouldn't be long until anyone would be able to do this, surprised it was this short but remember when corp beast was released as an unsoloable monster?

Sadly it really is impossible to do this one an account with 1 prayer, the wave with 4 level 400 mages would just be impossible :P, dealing with 1 was hard enough.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

does anyone else find it worrying how much jagex just dont know their own game? They said this would be one of the most challenging updates Runescape has ever seen, yet a 1 defence account managed to beat it within a few days.

It's still one of the most challenging updates ever. The game overall is easy.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Yeah I did it in Gano + Torags and I had 17 brews left by boss being dead (I Polypored the majority, with chaotic crossbow and rapier), so it's fairly easy if you can lure.

First 30 waves I used I think 2 brews, you can soulsplit the entire thing to heal, EEE spec and the only sort of challenge is Dill wave if 1 doesnt lure properly.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

does anyone else find it worrying how much jagex just dont know their own game? They said this would be one of the most challenging updates Runescape has ever seen, yet a 1 defence account managed to beat it within a few days.

I think they were aware of it tbh, they just wanted to hype a little.

Most challenging is a relative term, we must remember that.

Eg the most challenging logic building toy for 1-3 year olds is only challenging in comparison to others of that same category.

Tbh I think a major mistake jagex made was using largely recycled monsters, they are just essentially normal thzaar, fight caves monsters and an old quest boss thrown together. It is hardly gonna take long to suss good tactics when we already have prior experience of all the monsters so know what works well etc on them.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Eg the most challenging logic building toy for 1-3 year olds is only challenging in comparison to others of that same category.

Tbh I think a major mistake jagex made was using largely recycled monsters, they are just essentially normal thzaar, fight caves monsters and an old quest boss thrown together. It is hardly gonna take long to suss good tactics when we already have prior experience of all the monsters so know what works well etc on them.

This is the reason why Nex was so difficult for a few months after release, no boss like Nex had ever been released before, and people weren't used to bosses moving/ teleporting/ stunning/ freezing/ prayer drain/ massive damage output/ healing.

More bosses where we have no idea what to do for a while would be great! :thumbup:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

This is the reason why Nex was so difficult for a few months after release, no boss like Nex had ever been released before, and people weren't used to bosses moving/ teleporting/ stunning/ freezing/ prayer drain/ massive damage output/ healing.

More bosses where we have no idea what to do for a while would be great! :thumbup:

Yeah its not like they even NEED to be entirely new never before seen mechanics the monsters use; just don't make them carbon copies of pre-existing monsters so that we actually have to discover what combat styles they use, what specials they have and what they are weak too before good tactics can be sussed.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

So, if the kiln takes 2 hours and onyx is worth 10M, it would be 5M gp per hour!

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

So, if the kiln takes 2 hours and onyx is worth 10M, it would be 5M gp per hour!

This analysis ignores the cost to do the caves efficiently (which is in the millions) as well as the fact that onyx is now lower than 10M.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I second this! Earlier I had to watch videos to see jad spawn locations because nobody would have them listed up anywhere.

Nice! Waves, pray recommendation, Jad spawns.. guess I got some stuff to print out! Got around to getting 79 summ for Titans yesterday so I'm in a little better position now. Better than nothing :D.

icecube7.jpeg

So far on my one serious attempt it seems the kiln is more boring than challenging. I spent a lot of time maging stuff that really shouldn't be maged, granted, but most of the time you're just clicking monsters in the right order regardless of what strategy you use. Wave 30 took a bit over an hour.

Prayer wise I'd recommend praying against whatever is hitting you, the prayer recommendation list is 100% useless because it doesn't take into account luring.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

120217233825.png

Thank you everyone for your help on the guides and tips and videos and whatnot. I got my cape! And it was surprisingly 'easy' with luring and the safespots provided. No overloads/curses/yak (mentioning this just for those in a similar situation and are wondering :))

icecube7.jpeg

Kk, confirmed if anyone was still wondering:

Doing boss with soa + gano + magic crystals + praying range = works the best.

I killed him in 2 pulls, even before the crystal effect was over (which was sorta disappointing considering I saved all 3 of them for that and the crystal last roughly 3 minutes). You hit in the 800-900s constantly and your magic defense gets so ridiculously high that you're pretty much untouchable if praying range (alongside wearing gano ofc). He did maybe 200 total dmg on me with this setup. The magic tentacles (the only ones you'll have to "worry" about since you'll be praying range anyway) die in 2 hits.

I gotta say that I found waves 28 and 35 much more challenging than the boss itself. Altho wave 28 was sorta fun with dreapnips (I didn't even bring a pick lol). Wave 35 gets tricky with Jad spawning north, since the "safespot" is on pair-number squared area and it only takes 2 squares which are more on the north side than the south, so jad will move around. Imo, the is the perfect wave to spend your inv crystals, least until you get jad blocked (can be solved just moving one square west of the spawn safespot), still you'll most likely get hit by all sides of the combat triangle, including jad attack, which is the point of using inv crystals in this wave. Other than that, the other waves are fine and it's more like an endurance test.

This is how much I had left after finishing:

JagexLauncher2012-02-1800-37-39-23.png

JagexLauncher2012-02-1800-38-22-06.png

tumblr_m6mcuojTED1qlz68ro1_500.gif