14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

Double Jads... [bleep] that wowscape shit. :-P

I'll be hanging onto my firecape instead of throwing it away for something I'll never get.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storywise, I started to wonder one thing:

Why do TzHaar give tokkuls as a reward for fight caves, fight pits and Karamja diary?

Doesn't that feel a bit... unethical?

They value memories of their past.

Tokkul are these memories so they place value on them.

The same way surfaces races value gp because its made of gold.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Double Jads... [bleep] that wowscape shit. :-P

I'll be hanging onto my firecape instead of throwing it away for something I'll never get.

Apparently you can stand correctly that only one jad at a time will attack you..

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

Vid of new jad for those that havn't seen yet. :)

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I plan on trying kiln in a few hours with this setup:

kilnattempt.png

Yak with 26 brews and 4 rests.

I am pretty resolute that my setup gear-wise will remain the same (pro welfare), but any suggestions as to if I should change my potion setup at all? This is the first time I've been in a scenario when pot quantities seem to matter moreso than usual.

Edit: Another question, do the dills still use their unavoidable spec if you are praying even if they're not in melee range?

Bring a 2nd yak pouch. You won't use all 4 ovls/pray renewals but its nice to have extra overload doses. With yak you have pleanty of inv space.

You don't need more than 11 prayer restoration flasks. I used 8, but a couple of those were super prayer flasks. So take out a pray renewal for a super restore, and take out a couple brews for super restores.

The dills only use their typeless damage within melee range.

Thanks, I originally used a setup loosely based off yours and off another guy's on HLF who did it in even more welfare gear (granted he barely survived). Starting now, hope to be posting back in around 2 hours with success. :thumbsup:

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Wasn't really a quest, more a combat challenge but it was enjoyable. It ended with a pretty good cliffhanger too, will be very interested to see what the sequel entails, just hope we don't end up waiting years for it :P

Also I really like the new Tzhaar music, particularly Tzhaar Supremacy I and III, they've done a really good job with it so props to whoever recorded it :thumbup:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

If you're having trouble with TokHaar-Ket-Dil level: 120 (the armadillos you mine first)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnyeMF-QYwU

Wait til the hp bar disappears, then click attack and hide. If you attack before that, you'll get hit.

This can be useful against TokHaar-Ket-Dil level: 120 - the rock things you fight in fight kiln. To remove their armour if you are low on supplies.

(I know this has existed for years, I did this in 2005 against Yt-MejKot level: 180 to preserve supplies.)

P0lPXdo.png

I just finished the new quest. It was quite enjoyable. I tried doing it with fish only, but died so many times. On my last try in the 7 wave kiln, decided to use brews, and I blew right on by. Who knew it made that much of a difference. :)

I also enjoyed the early bird reward. It definitely made it much more worthwhile. :)

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Wondering if it's possible for the kiln to be done without overloads/extremes, yak, ss, eee, or nex armors. I barely managed 2 nomads without those... hopefully this isn't much harder. Main thing I'm worried about is the food. No soulsplit sucks in that regard. And it looks like everything goes through prayer just a little :\

Nazgul.jpeg

Wondering if it's possible for the kiln to be done without overloads/extremes, yak, ss, eee, or nex armors. I barely managed 2 nomads without those... hopefully this isn't much harder. Main thing I'm worried about is the food. No soulsplit sucks in that regard. And it looks like everything goes through prayer just a little :\

i expect so, but you will have to be careful. it's probably even possible with 1 def if you really know what you're doing.

P0lPXdo.png

kilnattempt.png

I am pretty resolute that my setup gear-wise will remain the same (pro welfare), but any suggestions as to if I should change my potion setup at all? This is the first time I've been in a scenario when pot quantities seem to matter moreso than usual.

Edit: Another question, do the dills still use their unavoidable spec if you are praying even if they're not in melee range?

Bring a 2nd yak pouch. You won't use all 4 ovls/pray renewals but its nice to have extra overload doses. With yak you have pleanty of inv space.

You don't need more than 11 prayer restoration flasks. I used 8, but a couple of those were super prayer flasks. So take out a pray renewal for a super restore, and take out a couple brews for super restores.

Thanks, I originally used a setup loosely based off yours and off another guy's on HLF who did it in even more welfare gear (granted he barely survived). Starting now, hope to be posting back in around 2 hours with success. :thumbsup:

HOLY. CRAP.

So the first time I tried it I choked and died on Wave 20 (2nd jad). I decided to try again immediately for the hell of it, got to wave 27 when I see the message "Your familiar's timer is about to run out." I check my invy and immediately start screaming because I forgot my 2nd yak. I was stuck on wave 28 (6 dills) with a whopping total of 5.5 brew flasks, 6 sup rests, and 2 renewals. I lost over 20 brews and 4 rests when my yak died. I panicked like hell at this point and decided to take on each dill one by one, hitting and then safespotting. I didn't re-ovl that wave because it ended up taking like 15 mins anyway. Somehow I managed to calm myself enough to make it all the way to 36 when I stopped for a second to compose myself. Took out the jads and made it to the final wave with around 3 brews left and a uni with half its timer left. I started off pretty strong and didn't really start taking tons of hits until the final 3rd of his hp, where I started getting hit like no tomorrow. Managed to hold on and finished with 1 dose of 1 brew left.

[/epicstory]

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

kilnattempt.png

HOLY. CRAP.

So the first time I tried it I choked and died on Wave 20 (2nd jad). I decided to try again immediately for the hell of it, got to wave 27 when I see the message "Your familiar's timer is about to run out." I check my invy and immediately start screaming because I forgot my 2nd yak. I was stuck on wave 28 (6 dills with a whopping total of 5.5 brew flasks, 6 sup rests, and 2 renewals. I lost over 20 brews and 4 rests when my yak died. I panicked like hell at this point and decided to take on each dill one by one, hitting and then safespotting. I didn't re-ovl that wave because it ended up taking like 15 mins anyway. Somehow I managed to calm myself enough to make it all the way to 36 when I stopped for a second to compose myself. Took out the jads and made it to the final wave with around 3 brews left and a uni with half its timer left. I started off pretty strong and didn't really start taking tons of hits until the final 3rd of his hp, where I started getting hit like no tomorrow. Managed to hold on and finished with 1 dose of 1 brew left.

[/epicstory]

yo dawg i herd u liek christmas trees

herpderp language

[hide]4ggj9u.png[/hide]

Grats, Deo <3:

Popedevourer.png

Because now we know that the TokKul are the remains (and memories) of the TzHarr.

That's kind of [bleep]ed up. :mellow:

And then you remember that players killfarm TzHaar for Tokkul to buy onyx.

We are the monsters.

I knew the Tokkul were the remains of Tzhaar, but didn't know they were sentient as Tokkul. The way Alg said it, it's fridge horror knowing the Tokkul was the direct remains whose last memories was some teenager (or young adult) murdering it.

Still haven't listened to the music soundtracks yet. As for the quest, I see some odd messages, like how Ga'al can be treated like Tzhaar by fusing Tokkul = Someone considered secondary and lower until they have money (since the Tokkul is currency). I might be looking too into it, but this whole quest makes the Tzhaar more disturbing in general. Still a mystery about the details of the Tokhaar themselves.

Since Effigies were released, I think I've got like a total of 10 anyway...

Not to be the odd one out here, but my care cup about the Effigy nerf is quite... empty; however, I am slightly sympathetic towards the people who have a million banked that they need to get rid of.

Aside from my annoyance to the cap one can have, I would be in the same boat of not caring myself. At one time, I only had four effigies at once due to taking care of them quickly and rarely getting them. I cannot exactly fathom the annoyance of that since I wasn't into the effigy culture myself.

Then again, maybe I was annoyed that I didn't take the opportunity to make full use of effigies while we were free to abuse them, missing out another chance to be part of the culture like I was with 26k/76king, bossing when they were at their peaks, etc marking it as jealously rather than sympathy.

Checked my music list and noticed Tzhaar City II-V and Tzhaar Supremacy III isn't unlocked. I know Pits and Caves can unlock the Supremacy but I wandered the city to unlock City and nothing unlocked. <_<

Same and I've been bank standing trying to get themas well. Just need them, 3 dg tracks, 120 dg and fight kiln completion for Completionist cape. Slightly annoyed by it...

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Jad at the end of waves 1-9, which is composed mostly of rangers, will be "Ranger Jad", and is thus weak to melee.

Same goes for 11-19 (mages), etc.

There was a claim that Soa is nerfed against Jad. This is untrue, its 4/7ths damage from not using the combat triangle, like with other monsters.

Wave 10 - Ranger, 20 - Mage, 30 - Meleer

Speculating based on spawns, 34 - Ranger, 35 - Mage, 36 - Meleers

So Soa should do normal damage against wave 30 and 36.

P0lPXdo.png

got on first try, easier than expected, though i had torva and divine

easiest way to down the last wave aka the boss is to stay in melee def / pray mage till head appears, use a magic crystal to boost ~50 magic levels, pray range and swithc to gano, SoA. STAY IN A CORNER THE WHOLE TIME. remain in the gano / range pray once you used the crystal since you'll have no range defence and youll get worked.

killed the last boss in like 4 mins, constant 800 hits with SoA

120215200141.png