14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

I'm not sure if anyone thought of this or not, but couldn't the effigy nerf be something to do the Dragonkins and some further story with them? When you use a dragonkin lamp you get told "As you focus on your chosen memories, you feel a burning malevolence in the back of your mind. You have gained new insight into [skill]... but at what cost?" It could mean something will be done with that now?

howlin1eeveesig.png

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if anyone thought of this or not, but couldn't the effigy nerf be something to do the Dragonkins and some further story with them? When you use a dragonkin lamp you get told "As you focus on your chosen memories, you feel a burning malevolence in the back of your mind. You have gained new insight into [skill]... but at what cost?" It could mean something will be done with that now?

Extremely doubtful because jagex clearly stated their intentions for effigies weren't to be horded. Though I would love to see a sequel to the dragon kin storyline.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Extremely doubtful because jagex clearly stated their intentions for effigies weren't to be horded. Though I would love to see a sequel to the dragon kin storyline.

I kinda mean it in the sense you need say 5 effigiess to summon/fight/whatever some monster/access some area and since you can only have 5 at one time people are more likely to use them as they get them now and it is harder to get effigies now so it could play into it?

howlin1eeveesig.png

I kinda mean it in the sense you need say 5 effigiess to summon/fight/whatever some monster/access some area and since you can only have 5 at one time people are more likely to use them as they get them now and it is harder to get effigies now so it could play into it?

I honestly see it as a control mechanism. If I were to attempt to think like jagex I would go with making a notable effort to show consideration for all parties involved. This means still giving pvmers/slayers the chance, while slightly decreased, to get a second effigy while trying to complete their task. They choose to not go the hard line route of cutting them off with just one effigy because of the potential of having more drops of effigies on the same task. Also as a bonus for players seeking xp, but with a price for seeking it, from unconventional methods they didn't go the hard line route and made it possible to get up to 5 with a decreased drop rate after each one.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Mod mark said he wanted to bring effigies into the lore of ROTM, but eventually it didn't prove feasible. The new message is just there to have an in-game message explaining it. I very much doubt it has any meaning beyond that, there really is nothing to suggest that it does.

The amount of welfare in this one is amazing. I bawked when I saw Black D'hide, Glory and Polypore :P

It's probably even possible with a tort (not really welfare but the whole concept of using something lesser in place of an ideal item) given my run.

ruins.png De_Elite_One.png

Inefficiency = fun. That's objective and can't be debated. Ever.

Blog to 200m in all skills.

Max cape achieved November 5th, 2011.

Completionist cape achieved December 29th, 2011.

Final Boss title achieved December 28th, 2014.

Trimmed completionist cape achieved November 7th, 2015.

Finished the quest, I was kind of surprised at all the high damage splats.

[hide=One thing I don't understand:] Where does the Tokkul-Zo come into the story? It just got dumped into my inventory without explanation together with the early bird bonus xp book.

Can someone please explain how it is connected? [/hide]

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

[hide=One thing I don't understand:] Where does the Tokkul-Zo come into the story? It just got dumped into my inventory without explanation together with the early bird bonus xp book.

Given their new discovery that you helped them make they wnated to reward you so gave you a valuable artefact, a ring made of tokkul that makes the user a more powerful warrior.

Also they desire to get as much tokkul as possible to save the memories and they charge you 50k tokkul to recharge said ring.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That's completely irrelevant to what he was saying.

Personally I think it was just a shoddy lore-patch to make it in line with their new philosophy. Why would dragonkin effigies fear the dragonkin? You're feeding the knowledge of this land to the dragonkin. Unless they're referencing the Elder Gods, in which I'd have to give them credit because I didn't think The Elder Kiln would see such a quick progression.

hzvjpwS.gif

[spoiler=Answer]

It's the ring, right?

The TzHaar gives it to you as a reward, since you did prove that Tokkul could be converted back into living TzHaar. I could have sworn that there was an explanation, but it might have been if you talk to him after the quest.

Once I get SoA, I will try and do this with a tort, is it known if anyone has completed this with a tort yet? :unsure:

Also, how many restores/ super prays would I need, roughly? The tort finishing earlier will let me use Uni for longer... Virtus will help a ton when healing though. :lol:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Once I get SoA, I will try and do this with a tort, is it known if anyone has completed this with a tort yet? :unsure:

Also, how many restores/ super prays would I need, roughly? The tort finishing earlier will let me use Uni for longer... Virtus will help a ton when healing though. :lol:

Completionist guy in my clan (as in he has the trimmed cape) has said you do not need yak to do it; so I'm guessing some source out there has done it with tort and/or no bob.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'm fairly positive you can do it without yak, even with welfare gear. I seem to have plenty of supplies left while derping numerous times on, say, waves 36 and 35 being the latest. Plenty being well over 12.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Smokey9112 got the cape with a tort and barrows gear, so yea you don't need nex armour and yak, although I'd still say 85+ in all combat stats are a reasonable minimum to attempt the kiln with :D