14-Feb-2012 - TzHaar Quest, Minigame and Graphical Rework

Saradomin_Mage

If people aren't having fun when working towards their goal then they should change their goal.

Some goals aren't all fun. Just like going to college/university. School isn't fun. Exams and homework aren't fun either, but it gets you one step closer to your goal of having a fulfilling life.

Achieving those goals will not make you any happier.

Real job > McDonalds

You dont need to go to college to get a well-paying or enjoyable career.

Where I live, I do need an education.

College is not the only means for an education, people that did not go to college are by no means illiterate. I don't even know why I am joining this argument...

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people don't like effigies / think they're cheap xp. It's not as if effigyscape is that much faster than other training.

Equating effigies with "cheap" xp means you're for rote clicking as a "skill".

Then why are people complaining about them being removed?

Because they are so much more enjoyable to use, as I posted earlier.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

If people aren't having fun when working towards their goal then they should change their goal.

Some goals aren't all fun. Just like going to college/university. School isn't fun. Exams and homework aren't fun either, but it gets you one step closer to your goal of having a fulfilling life.

Congratulationz, you have now become a man, my son. You may now journey out into the unknown.

Life is like a box of chocolate's, you never know, what ye'r going to get.

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |
| 99 Hunter | 99 Farming | 99 Slayer |  Divination 99 | 115+ Dungeoneering |

Total Level: 2590+
Max Cape - Owner

So i just finished the quest and did the 7 Waves using 0 food and finding 2 safespots. Please tell me this isn't the actual Kiln?

Here's a pic of the new cape. Looks [bleep]ing epic!

[HIDE]v2qyr5.png[/HIDE]

I doubt it because there is an Early Bird reward for beating Wave 30 of the Kiln. So there should be at least 30 waves lol

So let's establish: why did effigies have to get nerfed? Other than the crap about effigies being "meant as ..." because in the end it's what the players make of them that counts.

Perhaps Jagex felt that they were becoming a more prevalent way of training than the actual skill, which just exposes the monotony of some skills. One can hope for new training methods in light of this, I guess.

VsaJs.jpg

If people aren't having fun when working towards their goal

then they should change their goal.

Real job > McDonalds

Happiness is relative.

And in my relative spectra, working at McDonalds is pure HELL.

Youll probably end up in hell if you end up working a 9-5 like everybody else too, regardless of how much you earn. After you have enough money to pay for your basic needs, the extra money will not make you happier. It's just how your brain is wired.

77yLQy8.png

I don't understand why people don't like effigies / think they're cheap xp. It's not as if effigyscape is that much faster than other training.

Except they haven't been removed, they have simply made it so that they are incredibly annoying to use for anyone who doesn't have to skills to investigate them themselves.

Except they haven't been removed, they have simply made it so that they are incredibly annoying to use for anyone who doesn't have to skills to investigate them themselves.

Assist, or get the levels to do them yourself.

Trollbomber.png

Soo, I got classes for the next few hours if someone could post all the current info on fight kiln+ pics (mainly new cape) of new update it would be much appreciated.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

So i just finished the quest and did the 7 Waves using 0 food and finding 2 safespots. Please tell me this isn't the actual Kiln?

[HIDE]v2qyr5.png[/HIDE]

I doubt it because there is an Early Bird reward for beating Wave 30 of the Kiln. So there should be at least 30 waves lol

Isn't that the new Mcdonald's cape???

| 99 Attack | 99 Strength | 99 Defence | 99 Hit Points | 99 Prayer | 99 Magic | 99 Summoning | 99 Ranging |
| 99 Agility| 99 Woodcutting | 99 Construction | 99 Fletching | 99 Herblore | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Thieving |
| 99 Firemaking | 99 Crafting | 99 Runecrafting | 99 Cooking| 99 Smithing | 99 Construction | 99 Fishing |

Max Cape - Owner

[HIDE]v2qyr5.png[/HIDE]

oh god, no i know that :') What i mean is the location, with all the brick wall cut offs and such. There's 37 waves i believe?

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

Assist, or get the levels to do them yourself.

Which is what I was doing... :rolleyes:

But now I have to search for someone to open an effigy or suffer a reduced drop rate.

It's almost as if Jagex is trying to penalise players who can't open the effigies as they come by. This is an extremely poor oversight. I'm fine with reduced drop rates, but an extremely low limit is totally uncalled for.

EDIT: Also -

The effigies will also give the same amount of XP they would do if you’d have used them before this change.
Is there a reduced experience rate now, and which is it for if not both?

@ the above McDonald's/work conversation - let's stay on topic please guys (in other words - let's drop that conversation ;))

---

I was pretty annoyed at the entire effigy change first (speaking as someone who doesn't hunt effigies). Now I'm mostly just annoyed at the 5 effigy limit. Yes people could stock up and gain massive amounts of xp, but who cares? Either you steadily gain xp over several weeks or you gain all the xp in one sitting. Honestly what's the difference? It still takes the same amount of time to get the resources for the xp. My main problem with it is that you're now FORCED to go out and get assistance with effigies you can't open. People like saving them for when they have the required skill levels so they can take full advantage of the xp rewards. Now you can't save them for when you're ready unless you want to stop receiving effigies completely.

I think the only thing I do approve of is making runecrafting respectable again. Effigies didn't make 99 runecrafting fast, but it helped a lot. It used to be a respectable 99 because it took patience. With effigies it became an easy and slightly faster skill to train.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Real job > McDonalds

You dont need to go to college to get a well-paying or enjoyable career.

I certainly didn't. Many trades do not require college/university degrees, pay well and have lots of opportunity for advancement. Besides, working at McDonald's is a real job. It's honest work for honest, if low, pay. It may not be well respected, but it's certainly better than boosting cars or selling drugs. When's the last time someone got shot and dumped in an alley because they cooked hamburgers for a living?

As for some goals not being fun, RS is a video game; the entire purpose is to enjoy yourself.

Edit: sorry about this Tripsis, you posted while I was typing.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

You can use familiers in the Kiln!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

You're trying to inject rationality into a community that gives mostly kneejerk responses to updates with all the finesse of a child in the Walmart parking lot. People will get over it once their tantrums have subsided and they accept that they'll have to actually play the game.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Any chance you could create a separate thread to talk about effigies?

There already is:

Forum.Tip.It

» RuneScape

» Rants

http://forum.tip.it/forum/41-rants/

More commonly known, as the pool of tearz.

Now lets discuss, dat sexy cape!

Max Cape - Owner

It's been a while since I last posted, but I distinctly recall when effigys came out, the reaction to them was surprisingly negative. The whole idea of giving non-combat exp from combat was a toxic concept because it narrowed the scope of the game.

As such, it's really interesting to see, a year later, how the scope of the game can now be just effigies. I never heart of effigy-scape until i saw this thread. Yet, it is not surprising to see such a backlash in response to the removal. Effigies evolved into a new way to play the game.

However, keep in mind, just because such a method is available doesn't mean it is what is intended. Regardless of your opinions on the runescape grind, the intention of effigies was an occasional reward for combat, not combat as a replacement for skills. The nerf could have gone with just the reduced drop rate, not the 5-limit. To keep in line with the support for skilling within runescape, the ability to gather effigies to save up until you could level your skills to a reasonable level off-set the toxic impact of combat skilling non-combat skills. I hope they remove the 5-limit.